Pricing and Presentation Demerchandising Seasonal

Unless you can provide something to the contrary, it doesn't include the demerching.

Let's be clear. You're saying the seasonal set hours include demerching the set (no matter how full), pushing to the home, backstocking, cleaning, setting, pushing new product, and backstocking?

I say it only includes cleaning, setting, pushing the new product, and backstocking.

It took my tl hours just to do cleaning supplies. That isn't even including food, hba, diapers, etc. We had 2 full pallets of diaper backstock. Almost 50 boxes. That's how our set went.

Where did your sd get that info?

I can't speak for certain with how things go now, but the allotted time did not used to include backstocking (despite the fact we always had to do it anyway). With how this week has been going, I'd argue it doesn't even include pushing!

And it's especially hard to maintain these set times when you've got a crew who is new to setting and simply can't work at the speed of a pog veteran.

Unless you can provide something to the contrary, it doesn't include the demerching.

Let's be clear. You're saying the seasonal set hours include demerching the set (no matter how full), pushing to the home, backstocking, cleaning, setting, pushing new product, and backstocking?

I say it only includes cleaning, setting, pushing the new product, and backstocking.

It took my tl hours just to do cleaning supplies. That isn't even including food, hba, diapers, etc. We had 2 full pallets of diaper backstock. Almost 50 boxes. That's how our set went.

Where did your sd get that info?
Are we still talking about seasonal and mini ? Because I see you guys mentioning hba and cleaning supplies .

Garden was done over a month ago and Easter was finished last week

Don't forget, many of us don't get to set garden right after Christmas. We instead have to fill the space with essentials and snacks that have home locations and no one buys from the secondary location. It's an annoying waste of our time.

Don't forget, many of us don't get to set garden right after Christmas. We instead have to fill the space with essentials and snacks that have home locations and no one buys from the secondary location. It's an annoying waste of our time.

yep. my store never sets odl right after christmas. it's always the essentials set, and then lawn and garden in february. i'm pretty sure the stores that set odl early are far and few between?

Gotcha . That’s what had me confused

I wish we would just go straight the lawn and garden right after Christmas. We can still have some part of seasonal for build up to Super bowl and plastic for getting organized. We don't need counter after counter after counter of chemicals and hba. Just have one valley for that. I really think the seasonal floor space for my store in just way too large. Mini seasonal isn't so bad.
Yes, please. The HBA stuff just doesn't sell from seasonal because it's nothing special. No double packages or bonus packages, just the same stuff it always is.

Our ETL untied all items in seasonal 2 weeks before the set date and then had us keep working to home location everyday and readjust the numbers so as not to get more unless absolutely needed. Seasonal was practically empty except for the market items.
Same here. We kept it faced so it didn't look empty, but I cleared out most of my DBO product a couple shelves per shift, adjusted capacities and floor counts so no one else pushed product there. Market and Chem still had a lot of stuff there when it got torn down.

As fulfillment, I really love that particular set. It leaves me a completely unshopped area to pick essentials from. And, now, that it's transitioned out, there's plenty off all that stuff in open stock in the back. It's truly easy mode.

But, yeah, I get it. It's a stupid set that just makes a lot of pointless work for every one else.

Yes, please. The HBA stuff just doesn't sell from seasonal because it's nothing special. No double packages or bonus packages, just the same stuff it always is.

That’s actually worse. Used to be a ton of items clearanced from Seasonal. We’d have like 4-5 endcaps of chem alone to mark down. Then it all has to be marked, pulled from the BR, moved and zoned.

One year, HQ had us mark down a bunch of stuff in the Seasonal set - like cereal... then we had to pull all the clearance stickers off the boxes because someone at HQ made a mistake.

womp womp

I remember that! 🤣🤣🤣

Anyone remember when Seasonal had the global market decor after Christmas? Not sure how many years they did that, but they had some nice stuff.
I wish half Global Bazaar and half vendor only Super Bowl stuff filled the area between Christmas and ODL . At EOL One half goes clearance and the vendors empty the other half .
I hate the time wasted setting & demerching food and essential items Way in the back corner of the store - waste of real estate - no additional sales were made.

Garden was done over a month ago and Easter was finished last week

I see a stantion next to your stack flat. We didn't get one of those, in fact, we didn't get any signing for the stack flat. Just an empty shipper bin. Typically it's been over head.

Wondered how we were pricing this stuff?

Did manage to finish setting all aisle pogs. The flats are still missing key components and price tags. This has been a mess all around. No hours. No support.

Back