DENIM is back!

Cool, but I feel like this will just confuse guests during 4th quarter..

It was fine last year. I mean guests ask if you work there if you're wearing the khakis and holding a device with a walkie and a name tag so really some of them are hopeless anyway. Half of our sales floor has been wearing black t shirts on and off lately (I think since the p62 release?) and that's been fine. They'll figure it out.

Last edited:
Lol I came in on a Sunday a few times to scan the order, and did it in my street clothes...STILL got accosted by guests several times. I don't think the uniform makes much of a difference; it's air of authority that you tend to have when you walk around the store as an employee, not guest, lol.

I am pretty sure that I am being groomed to be the next PMT in my store. My PMT retires in a year (Been here forever as far as I know, and I've been here 5 years). He constantly takes me under his wing, to teach me stuff, since my Market Days, now I am Signing (I appreciate it). If he isn't there I am often the next person on an ETL's list to solve a problem (Often times he is there, but they call me anyway) and I know PMT's are often promoted from within, and I can't see anyone else in my store more apt for it for sure, in my store.

The only way I would take it is if, I could wear regular Target clothes however.

I am pretty sure that I am being groomed to be the next PMT in my store. My PMT retires in a year (Been here forever as far as I know, and I've been here 5 years). He constantly takes me under his wing, to teach me stuff, since my Market Days, now I am Signing (I appreciate it). If he isn't there I am often the next person on an ETL's list to solve a problem (Often times he is there, but they call me anyway) and I know PMT's are often promoted from within, and I can't see anyone else in my store more apt for it for sure, in my store.

The only way I would take it is if, I could wear regular Target clothes however.
It comes with a decent pay raise!!

Why would you go from srTL to PMT? I view that as a step down.

I would rather not be a sweaty mess, and uncomfortable, 6 months out of the year. I run hot, and so does my store, extremely hot when we are closed, because target's temperature system is bs.

It’s not so bad usually. I sweat a lot but if it’s ridiculous I’ll take my gray shirt off. Walk in freezers are amazing during heatwaves too. Anything requiring being outside is done in the morning (if you have half a brain!)

Why would you go from srTL to PMT? I view that as a step down.

Why do you feel that way? It’s the same pay grade and it’s a promotion if you were to get it. You’d probably get a few extra dollars on top for promoting with in too.

It’s not so bad usually. I sweat a lot but if it’s ridiculous I’ll take my gray shirt off. Walk in freezers are amazing during heatwaves too. Anything requiring being outside is done in the morning (if you have half a brain!)

Why do you feel that way? It’s the same pay grade and it’s a promotion if you were to get it. You’d probably get a few extra dollars on top for promoting with in too.

Well personally i myself am striving for STL one day. PMT would push me further away from becoming an ETL.

I used to get asked if I worked there long before I did. Didn't seem to matter what I was wearing. Maybe it's because I shop there so much? lol

Do it! Wearing a uniform is a small price to pay for a large raise and a set schedule where you have flexibility in choosing what to work on every day.

Back