Archived Did I mess up while pulling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got hired not too long ago as a backroom team member, and there's something bothering me. The answer is probably really simple but I gotta know. I'm pretty sure the TL already told me the answer to that, but since I'm pretty new there I can't remember everything that they taught me yet.

The question is, say for example the zebra tells me to pull 6 items from a location but the location has only two items do I key in 2 or do I say that I pulled all 6?

I've just been keying in the number of items that I pulled from the wacos. Did I mess up?

I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a prompt that asks "did you pull all of the items from this location Y/N?" Did you get this?

I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a prompt that asks "did you pull all of the items from this location Y/N?" Did you get this?
I did get it a few times, but not every time it happened. I just don't wanna mess up so soon into the job but I'm probably stressing out over nothing.

yeah to be honest I don't do much pulling these days so I'm not fully clued in as to what makes that prompt pop up. I always personally go by actual quantity pulled and the BRTL has never mentioned it to me (I know he watches the reports)

yeah to be honest I don't do much pulling these days so I'm not fully clued in as to what makes that prompt pop up. I always personally go by actual quantity pulled and the BRTL has never mentioned it to me (I know he watches the reports)
Well that puts me at ease. Thanks for answering my question! :)

I got hired not too long ago as a backroom team member, and there's something bothering me. The answer is probably really simple but I gotta know. I'm pretty sure the TL already told me the answer to that, but since I'm pretty new there I can't remember everything that they taught me yet.

The question is, say for example the zebra tells me to pull 6 items from a location but the location has only two items do I key in 2 or do I say that I pulled all 6?

I've just been keying in the number of items that I pulled from the wacos. Did I mess up?

Key in the actual quantity you took. In this case 2. The "did you pull all of the items from this location Y/N" only pops up for certain items where it doesn't ask how many of the item you backstocked

Key in the actual quantity you took. In this case 2. The "did you pull all of the items from this location Y/N" only pops up for certain items where it doesn't ask how many of the item you backstocked
Thanks for clearing that up! Looks like I've been doing the right thing.

If you pull from open stock and the system says pull 2 but it’s only one there , then you pull one 1 you will be asked if you pulled all due to the fact that the system thinks that there is more than what it is . If you pull from a casepack location and its asking you to pull 4 but the box has 6 ? You pull 6 and you key in 6. Always pull the full casepacks and after its being stocked you backstock the remaining of it.

If you pull from open stock and the system says pull 2 but it’s only one there , then you pull one 1 you will be asked if you pulled all due to the fact that the system thinks that there is more than what it is . If you pull from a casepack location and its asking you to pull 4 but the box has 6 ? You pull 6 and you key in 6. Always pull the full casepacks and after its being stocked you backstock the remaining of it.
If it says two and you enter 1 you’re creating a ghost. The system thinks there’s two but you just told it there’s only one. I think in that case the location drops in audit and if there is another there you get an error.
If it asks for two and you say 4, it’ll ask if you pulled all so it knows whether it needs to hold that DPCI in that location or it’s gone from that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back