Archived Direct Deposit help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enrolled in direct deposit a few weeks ago and Im certain I wont be getting a paper check this friday. Does anyone know what time it is posted to your account ? I know some places its the night before or at 12am or sometimes the night of that day. Anyone know what time or around what time it is deposited ?

I get mine deposited at about 2am the morning of. My friend gets hers deposited 2 mornings before. She uses a credit union. Just depends on the bank.

I heard from some TMs that they get it deposited into credit union accounts on Wednesdays, but the funds are not usually available until Friday. Regular banks receive it sometime overnight Thursday into Friday.

My bank gets it pending on Friday, then it posts on Saturday. Some banks/credit unions will post a direct deposit right when they receive it because there is far less risk with a direct deposit than with a withdrawal. Just be careful, some banks like to process all your withdrawals and purchases before they process your check, thus overdrafting your account. Mine got sued for that and have since stopped, but it's not an illegal thing to do (to my knowledge).

My bank is extremely slow with DD, sadface. I don't get the funds until 5am Friday morning.

When I still worked at Target, I had Chase first and the deposit always showed up in my account sometime between 11:30pm Thursday night and 12:30am Friday morning. After a while I ditched Chase because of their shenanigans and got Bank of the West. I usually went to bed by 2am, but never saw my deposit come in. It was always there upon waking up though.

Depends on your bank. When I was with target's credit union, I got it Wednesday. It said pending, but it was in my available balance to spend. Now I'm with usaa, and I get it at some point on Thursday morning as pending, but available. Some banks don't do that. Usually "current balance" only includes things that have completely gone through... And the available balance reflects all the pending transactions and is supposed to be more accurate to what you can spend. So just make sure your bank made it available to you whenever it shows up.

I'm with a credit union and it often shows on Wednesday or Thursday, but the money isn't available until Friday.

My paycheck is always already spent come Friday lol. I check the pay stub Monday night on the website, adjust my budget and shopping list and spend it all Thursday. Then I go to work Friday watching everyone pick up their checks with glee and I'm already broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back