Archived Discontinued Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know there is a way easier way to do this right....

Ask your ETL/Backroom TL to show u the Backroom detail report, and how to filter it to D-Code.

Gives you all the DPCI's/Back room Locations for all of your d-code...

For you market people, it is also a great way to hunt for out of dates in the backroom

Just filter the BR Detail report to Backstock date, starting at the latest :eek:

I never thought of that out of dates. I've been wanting to go Waco through Waco in my packed ass snack aisle. I'm gonna try this and see if I find much.

Tracking down the ETL/TL? Nah the way I'm doing it now is easier lmao

If I ever do find one of them I'll give it a try though!
You just go to store apps on computer. Put in store login. Backroom option...backroom detail report. Then enter in the aisle location such as 01A005. I like to do it aisle by aisle to keep em separate. Then click view then organized by status. Will show up all decode in the beginning.

You know there is a way easier way to do this right....

Ask your ETL/Backroom TL to show u the Backroom detail report, and how to filter it to D-Code.

Gives you all the DPCI's/Back room Locations for all of your d-code...

For you market people, it is also a great way to hunt for out of dates in the backroom

Just filter the BR Detail report to Backstock date, starting at the latest :eek:
You can do that on the NOP report too, by dept.

I never thought of that out of dates. I've been wanting to go Waco through Waco in my packed ass snack aisle. I'm gonna try this and see if I find much.
It's not perfect though. If you have an item that's been sitting in location for a year, but someone backstocked another one of the same item in the same location, it will update the STO date.

My store will as is any food that is NOP, otherwise it will sit in the back until it expires. All other discontinued merchandise is flexed.

It's not perfect though. If you have an item that's been sitting in location for a year, but someone backstocked another one of the same item in the same location, it will update the STO date.

I always thought it kept the original date.

Active NOP items should be backstocked, yes. Discontinued NOP is a gray area because best practice also dictates that it should be pulled in a PTM batch and flexed accordingly so it can sell before it hits clearance and it won't unnecessarily increase the price change workload.

At my store, backroom pushes everything we pull except POGs. Ain't nobody else got time fo' dat because instocks scans until they leave and sales floor is busy back-up cashing.
But it wouldn't come out on a PTM batch if it wasn't located in that aisle. Disco NOP usually comes off of SPL or was previously salvage and rolled back into the system.

For pricing- it sucks. i wish we had an option to clearance things out. Ugh

I
Wouldn't be able to help you, because it seems your store is run different than mine. My store has a fairly large emphasis on instocks and how it runs.[/QUOTE its nice you have a instocks team. I guess you don't know what you have until it's gone.

But it wouldn't come out on a PTM batch if it wasn't located in that aisle. Disco NOP usually comes off of SPL or was previously salvage and rolled back into the system.

Huh, I never thought about that. In that case, your best bet would be the backroom detail report.

For pricing- it sucks. i wish we had an option to clearance things out. Ugh

MySupport. If you're lucky, they'll either start a markdown for it or explain why it's still active (maybe it's on a future POG).

Or you could just use SIM.

Huh, I never thought about that. In that case, your best bet would be the backroom detail report.

MySupport. If you're lucky, they'll either start a markdown for it or explain why it's still active (maybe it's on a future POG).

Or you could just use SIM.

I've spent the last few months dealing with it from the previous TL, 4 flats of disco or as is. I think it should be back stocked and then a mysupport would automatically drop letting them know. It is a pain to just flex it out because pricing can't always find it.

I completely forgot I could do that! I'm not sure how the as is rewrap works... Does it change on hands?

If you're flexing NOP items, use Store Tie so everyone knows where they're located.

I completely forgot I could do that! I'm not sure how the as is rewrap works... Does it change on hands?

I would imagine so. Since a new barcode is generated, I would think the item is no longer associated with its DPCI. Plus, SIM'd items are merchandised on clearance endcaps as opposed to the original location(s), so if they were counted in that DPCI's OH, that would screw up instocks.

At my store it 2 ways:

1. Drop PTM batch, backroom pulls it, it sits under the line until it goes clearance or overnight backstocks it.
2. Drop PTM batch, ignore it because of #1, pull price change batch instead.

I've spent the last few months dealing with it from the previous TL, 4 flats of disco or as is. I think it should be back stocked and then a mysupport would automatically drop letting them know. It is a pain to just flex it out because pricing can't always find it.

The OH doesn't change until you sell that repackaged item. It will still show as 1 (or however many) leading your price change team to look for it if it doesnt sell.

My VML decided to SIM some Xhilaration tops that were strays and that same week they were going clearance. When we pulled up the picture we were agitated and called out not to do it again.. lol.

IIRC.. AS-IS doesn't have a count because your system doesn't know it has that merchandise (because you don't sell it at your store) but repackage and damaged merch does.

This thread seems out of date and I was hoping for some guidance. I recently came across 4 of an unlocated, discontinued item in the backroom. Last time it was sold was October. I decided to just put rewrap labels on them and put on clearance end cap. What do you all do with discontinued items without floor location?

This thread seems out of date and I was hoping for some guidance. I recently came across 4 of an unlocated, discontinued item in the backroom. Last time it was sold was October. I decided to just put rewrap labels on them and put on clearance end cap. What do you all do with discontinued items without floor location?
Store tie them to an endcap for decode like item or sweep them if possible. I would not be doing as is labels, unless a crappy item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back