Archived Discontinued Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does your store get discontinued out of the back? Who's in charge of keeping track of it? Who pulls it? Who flexes it out? How do you keep it from coming back to the backroom?

How does your store get discontinued out of the back? Who's in charge of keeping track of it? Who pulls it? Who flexes it out? How do you keep it from coming back to the backroom?
In my store anything home related gets pulled by our vml and she flexes it on the sales floor, thes rest of the departments that back room tl pulls discontinued for them and they are called to the back for it.

It tend to get flexed on the sales floor. We try not to have it in the back as much as possible.

How does your store get discontinued out of the back?

Price change batches.

Who's in charge of keeping track of it?

Nobody.

Who pulls it?

Backroom team.

Who flexes it out?

Whichever hardlines TM is the lucky one chosen to push clearance.

How do you keep it from coming back to the backroom?

It didn't leave the backroom in the first place.

In case you couldn't tell, my store's PTM process is a little lacking. My ETL-HL tries to drive PTM and flexing and my VML and brand TM do what they can with the trend runs, but it's not nearly enough given payroll (or lack thereof).

Discontinued should be taken care for by instocks. It should be taken care of with ptm batches. At my store, we (instocks) pull batches and flex them out when needed. If the Isle is ptm (pre transitional merchandise) we have full authority to essentially do what we want with the Isle as long as it looks fashionable and too brand.

Discontinued should be taken care for by instocks. It should be taken care of with ptm batches. At my store, we (instocks) pull batches and flex them out when needed. If the Isle is ptm (pre transitional merchandise) we have full authority to essentially do what we want with the Isle as long as it looks fashionable and too brand.
Instocks no longer does ptm at our store. That has become an ETL/VML job.

At our store, the team lead of the department the decode is part of is responsible for pulling it out of the back and flexing it into their department. Or in my case, as a cosmetics brand team member, I am responsible for all decode in cosmetics/beauty.

Nope not anymore. Those hours were taken about a year and a half ago. TL doesn't do it, it comes out as price change.

Nope not anymore. Those hours were taken about a year and a half ago. TL doesn't do it, it comes out as price change.
Oh at our store we are still very much responsible for it, and have some hours for it

My team pulls & works out d-code items. We communicate well with each other. We have the NOP report by dept to help find the items.

what about the in between parts that aren't official. Our guest service has a bin for backstock item. Not sure why the person doesn't take it tot he backroom instead. They also put discontinued items in it.

The sales floor team work on their strays. What they cant find on the floor they take to guest service and scan the item to see if it is bs/discontinued/ or crc. They always put the discontinued items into the backstock bin that is located at guest service. After that, they take it to the back room and put a pink clip. I don't know what to do with it. My backroom TL said discontinued is always push. the sales floor tl says its backstock. So who pushes it? should I just put a PTM clip and let someone else do it? Why doesn't the sales floor know this?

SF vs BR. argg.

I put all discontinued in a cart with a huge "DO NOT BACKSTOCK"

If there's a lot of empty spaces in electronics or entertainment my TL sends me to the back sometimes to scan things with the MyDevice to see what's discontinued and then pull it and flex it out but other than that I got nothing

We recently had more than 12 vehicles of clearance merchandise. I gently reminded the ETL and STL, as did the price change tm's, that this would have never happened had the instocks team been taking care of ptm. They just shook their heads and said "yup... not our call".

what about the in between parts that aren't official. Our guest service has a bin for backstock item. Not sure why the person doesn't take it tot he backroom instead. They also put discontinued items in it.

The sales floor team work on their strays. What they cant find on the floor they take to guest service and scan the item to see if it is bs/discontinued/ or crc. They always put the discontinued items into the backstock bin that is located at guest service. After that, they take it to the back room and put a pink clip. I don't know what to do with it. My backroom TL said discontinued is always push. the sales floor tl says its backstock. So who pushes it? should I just put a PTM clip and let someone else do it? Why doesn't the sales floor know this?

SF vs BR. argg.
Wouldn't be able to help you, because it seems your store is run different than mine. My store has a fairly large emphasis on instocks and how it runs.

We recently had more than 12 vehicles of clearance merchandise. I gently reminded the ETL and STL, as did the price change tm's, that this would have never happened had the instocks team been taking care of ptm. They just shook their heads and said "yup... not our call".
The largest we see is a few tubs. We get most of it out before it goes clearance. For instance, we had absolutely nothing in back for seasonal for the past week and a half. Our seasonal isles are empty besides some grilling stuff and planting stuff that stays for a while longer. Our one spot stuff that went clearance/salvage this last week, has been out of the backroom for two weeks. Once the ptm report has an isle listed as discontinued, we work our hardest to get it all out. Obviously we aren't always successful. We need to keep brand, and that means we can't always get everything out. But we certainly try. You can't always leave it to salesfloor, they have other priorities, and also rarely get the hours to do the work. I'm lucky enough to have an stl understand how important instocks is/can be. She allows us to have fairly good hours, and let's me have the best tms the store has to offer. And in return we deliver.

SF vs BR. argg.

Pull clip on the line. Repeat as needed. Now there are sometimes you have to backstock PTM, large quantities, waiting to sell down a bit. But backroom should know why it's back there and why it's staying there.

There are two types of discontinued
1. NOP discon
2. Discontinued on plano ( has location)
Per best practice
So the in stocks team shoots PTM batches, sales floor tl pushes the batch.

Anything that is NOP should be back stocked. Per best practice.

Unless it changed recently sales floor is responsible for all in stock pulls.

Such items are the responsibility of whoever owns the PTM process for that department. The sales floor TMs may not know what to do with it because they're not necessarily privy to the PTM scheme (i.e. it's not located so it must be backstock), but the backroom team doesn't want it to be backstocked because they'll eventually have to pull it with the price change batches if it doesn't sell, and the sales floor leaders want the item to sell before it hits clearance.

When I was in hardlines, I had multiple leaders who would give different instructions regarding discontinued NOP items. If I was working re-shop and came across a NOP item, I would check to see if it was active or discontinued. If it was active, I would either bring it to the backroom to be backstocked to put it in Box F (NOP) at the service desk. If It was discontinued, I would ask whichever TL or ETL (I used to have two ETLs just for hardlines) was there whether it should be flexed or backstocked. This ETL would say to find a spot to flex it out, while that TL would say it should be backstocked because it'll be pulled in a PTM batch.

The backstock bin at the service desk exists because the Smart Sort system for sorting re-shop always sorts NOP items to Box F. Ideally, those items should be backstocked, but if they're discontinued, your leaders may want them flexed out on the floor. Also, when sorting seasonal or Bullseye's Playground (former One Spot and before that See Spot Save), PLU clearance items may sort to Box F because they're no longer located, but they should not go to the backroom.

Reactions: iLL
Anything that is NOP should be back stocked. Per best practice.

Active NOP items should be backstocked, yes. Discontinued NOP is a gray area because best practice also dictates that it should be pulled in a PTM batch and flexed accordingly so it can sell before it hits clearance and it won't unnecessarily increase the price change workload.

Unless it changed recently sales floor is responsible for all in stock pulls.

At my store, backroom pushes everything we pull except POGs. Ain't nobody else got time fo' dat because instocks scans until they leave and sales floor is busy back-up cashing.

If there's a lot of empty spaces in electronics or entertainment my TL sends me to the back sometimes to scan things with the MyDevice to see what's discontinued and then pull it and flex it out but other than that I got nothing

You know there is a way easier way to do this right....

Ask your ETL/Backroom TL to show u the Backroom detail report, and how to filter it to D-Code.

Gives you all the DPCI's/Back room Locations for all of your d-code...

For you market people, it is also a great way to hunt for out of dates in the backroom

Just filter the BR Detail report to Backstock date, starting at the latest :eek:

You know there is a way easier way to do this right....

Ask your ETL/Backroom TL to show u the Backroom detail report, and how to filter it to D-Code.

Gives you all the DPCI's/Back room Locations for all of your d-code...

For you market people, it is also a great way to hunt for out of dates in the backroom

Just filter the BR Detail report to Backstock date, starting at the latest :eek:
Tracking down the ETL/TL? Nah the way I'm doing it now is easier lmao

If I ever do find one of them I'll give it a try though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back