Archived Dismissal Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That's a first for the Stl to show up. At my store, termed folks were done by letter or phone from spot.

He asked how the kids were and then he asked if she had found a job. Then he told the " judge" that he was told he had to be there.

The call was that she was adjusting her tech's schedule so it would not appear that she was late. Regardless if the tech worked the full shift.

depending on districts that can be direct termination especially if its several shifts, as it is considered stealing from the company if all those chances end up in overspending. Also when going to term there is never any official paperwork, all that is needed is a statement by the STL who termed you, we don't write up correctives or any other form. But she should be able to claim unemployment even if spot fights it due to there being no previous coachings, unless it went down as gross misconduct.

Last edited:
This does sound very odd to me to have fired the ETL-RX for this without a warning. I could see if the ETL-RX was changing the techs punches (which she wouldn’t have access in MAX anyways) and “stealing” time but she wasn’t. Sadly "falsifying company documents" is very broad and can fit in many situations one way or another. Certain TMs on my team had similar issues and I had them change their availability because at the end of the day if they can’t work their schedule on time it does affect the business. I give the TM the benefit of the doubt and fight for them if I get push back as to why they have had some tardys and I haven’t had a coaching. Changing their start time is the wrong thing to do since it does come off as trying to change her time since she was going to be late. Should have just had the TM change her availability and schedule around that.
As far as her unemployment getting denied, there is an outside company that does unemployment for Target. They will almost always automatically fight it but when appealed you can usually win because the STL/HRBP/RXBP etc will not show up for the appeal 99% of the time, especially for a term this ambiguous. What has happened since your last post?

The pharmacist could accept her punch corrections and alter the timesheets indirectly that way. We had an issue like that before, we pull up tm's with punch correction trends and find they are always doing punches the next day even though the date has all the punches.

I am sorry, but if everything you are saying is true this makes no sense at all....

An ETL-RX *IS* a *MANAGER*, just like your ETL-HL, SL, HR, etc.

*Any* ETL has full authority to alter a TMs schedule for any reason they see fit.

If an ETL says to himself "Gee, I really think Mark has been pushing himself too hard recently and could use a bit of a break." and says "Hey Mark, want to come in 8-1 instead of 8-3 tomorrow?" Guess what? That ETL is fully empowered to do that. Hell, they can alter a TMs schedule the same day with 5 minutes notice if they want. Now, it might be stupid to do that because then you piss off other TMs, but it is not a violation of policy.

Basically, the ETL-RX did absolutely nothing outside her authority..... there would be no grounds for corrective action.

Now, if a GSA or TL started telling people their schedule was changed without ETL approval.... yea, they would have a problem. But ETL-RX? Nope - full authority to change schedules to whatever they see fit for the store - especially when it comes to pharmacy TMs.

I am sorry, but there has got to be more to the story than this. Maybe, for example, the ETL-RX ran it by the STL and was told no, but did it anyway. In which case the issue was not changing a schedule, but doing it against STL wishes.... in which case it is insubordination, not an issue of changing a schedule.

But anyway - I had over a decade of time with Target. Never in that time did I *ever* see an ETL have to run it by anyone to alter a TMs schedule for any reason they wanted. (the one exception might be if it put that TM in to overtime, but that would be it)

A lot of TMs (for some reason) are under the impression that ETL-RX is not equal to other ETLs and is under them for some reason.... but no, they are equal to any ETL in the store as far as authority goes. You are probably misunderstanding what actually the issue was. ETL-RX can change a pharm TMs schedule for any reason they want. Something else happened you are not aware of....

Actually policy is nobody can alter a tm's shift within 24 hours OR once a TM leaves for the day and wont be back to work till said day.

Actually policy is nobody can alter a tm's shift within 24 hours OR once a TM leaves for the day and wont be back to work till said day.
Shoot, my tl alters my schedule daily. Not that I'm ever late, but she makes decision that she needs me at a specific time after I leave for the day. Texting my start time is a regular occurrence.

Shoot, my tl alters my schedule daily. Not that I'm ever late, but she makes decision that she needs me at a specific time after I leave for the day. Texting my start time is a regular occurrence.

That is considered acceptable as they are scheduling more to the business need and as long as either the ETL or the STL are aware or can come to that conclusion themselves and seems like your TL makes the changes atleast the day before and tells you about it.

Last edited:
Tells me to come in early or later, at 9p the night before..... Its getting old, but I am getting my full 40.....

That is considered acceptable as they are scheduling more to the business need and as long as either the ETL or the STL are aware or can come to that conclusion themselves and seems like your TL makes the changes atleast the day before and tells you about it.
Gtc to you! I am sure your team loves you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back