Archived District Manager questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently the DM is going to be at the store ALL WEEK and originally I was supposed to be off, but they asked if I would come in tonight for 6:30 and I said "yes." Why not right? My questions regarding the DM's visit are: do you think he'll be around on the night shift or does he only visit the store during the day to see how it's operated? Also: if he does visit, is he going to be walking around and annoying the hell out of the employees as we attempt to carry out all the tasks assigned for the night? I'm scared he'll approach me and ask me for my thoughts on "The Vibe!" I just don't want to have to deal with super fake people just because the DM is walking around. Thus: I hope he won't be here during the evening shift. I suppose if he asks me anything, I could just say, "Hey, I'm handing in my two weeks notice. you don't want to ask me anything!" LOL

My guess is the DTL only really wants to work during the day, unless required to work beyond an 8 to 4 shift or something like that. And the one time ours visited our store when I was there, he really only cared about talking to SrTLs and above and generally driving them crazy. Now, it may be that being there for a week, he/she may want to get down to TM level, but depending on how big your store is, they probably don't really care about your existence.

My guess is the DTL only really wants to work during the day, unless required to work beyond an 8 to 4 shift or something like that. And the one time ours visited our store when I was there, he really only cared about talking to SrTLs and above and generally driving them crazy. Now, it may be that being there for a week, he/she may want to get down to TM level, but depending on how big your store is, they probably don't really care about your existence.

AAH crap, then I'm screwed if he does stay and visit because we're a super small store. We don't even have our own location; we're attached to the mall. BLEH! I can picture him/her standing in on our huddle and stealing the LOD's thunder. I'll just hide in the aisle. xD

You aren't screwed...you are leaving soon...you have nothing to lose or gain.

True and even though I personally revel in the fact, I still try and act as "business as usual" casual. I'm going to hand in my notice on Friday, because it just seems like a good day to do it. I remember Alex, our mobile girl's last day: she didn't do anything...not that she ever really did, but she really did NOTHING. Just hung out in the back, chit chatting and playing with toys; she showed me her new house on google maps. She moved to North Carolina and I told her that I was jealous. I wish I were a mobile person, because they don't really play much by Target's rules.(sigh) Oh well! [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back