Archived Districts, Hours, and Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONF

I am curious to know what the different districts are. Is there a map that has each one shown or at least a list with each store named in each district?

I have read here and other places online that one can expect to work 50 to 60 hours depending on various factors. I was wondering if there are certain areas that one can work as an ETL that will have you work more hours than another.

And my last question is: When it comes to applying for ETL positions, if I were to apply for a position in another part of the country, would I have to go to that area for the interviews, or would I be able to do them some other way?

Thanks!

Fastest reference for districts is on workbench. Also, red magazine or red360 can give you some info about stores. You didn't say if you work for spot. Usually applying for an etl can be done online, they will ask you state, etc. Canada should have a lot of openings too.
Here is a link about interview question:
http://targetfiling.blogspot.com/2010/02/secret-interview-questions.html?m=1

Last edited:
I do work for Target currently. Are you saying that I could get a job working with Target in Canada as an American? Are you saying that when I apply online it will tell me about an interview?

I have looked at the listings, and for the larger cities that have multiple locations it doesn't say what store specifically it is. Is there anyway of finding out?

Thanks for your response!

Last edited:
I do work for Target currently. Are you saying that I could get a job working with Target in Canada as an American? Are you saying that when I apply online it will tell me about an interview?

I have looked at the listings, and for the larger cities that have multiple locations it doesn't say what store specifically it is. Is there anyway of finding out?

No, you cannot just get a job at Target in Canada. You first need to get work authorization (i.e. a work visa) from the Canadian government. (FYI - it is damn hard to get work authorization unless you are filling a critical need job such as an engineer. Retail manager is not one of those critical needs.... The Canadian economy isn't in super hot shape right now either, and they are in no hurry to give jobs to foreign people when their own citizens can do them)

Though if you have a partner who is filling a critical job like engineer or math teacher, it's easier for you to get a work authorization.
Was kinda looking into it.

No, you cannot just get a job at Target in Canada. You first need to get work authorization (i.e. a work visa) from the Canadian government. (FYI - it is damn hard to get work authorization unless you are filling a critical need job such as an engineer. Retail manager is not one of those critical needs.... The Canadian economy isn't in super hot shape right now either, and they are in no hurry to give jobs to foreign people when their own citizens can do them)

Actually it's much easier to get a work visa when you already have a job offer. I know this from personal experience.

That's too bad, but I wasn't exactly expecting it to be something that would occur. It was more just a though rather than something I really wanted.

I am curious about positions such as this one:

http://targetcareers.target.com/job/Novato-Executive-Team-Leader-Eureka-Job-CA-94945/2455296/

It says Eureka on the page but it also says Novato, CA. It looks like it is meant to be the latter but it doesn't seem to make sense. I have seen other areas where they list a large area where you could be placed but this listing (and others) seems to contradict itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back