Archived Do any of you get the same quests from people on a daily basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a cashier when something isn't scanning a guest will say "So, do I get that free?"

Where are toddler socks?
Where are the restrooms?
How much does this cost? then... Can you put a clearance sticker/price tag on this so the cashier knows?

When I'm in the infant gondolas I always get: Where are alarm clocks, light bulbs, hangers, wall decals, other random things?

Where are the restrooms?

I was in a pretty snarky mood one night after dealing with one ******* of a customer, and got asked that question.

My response: "Well, you can always wait after dark and piss in the bushes behind the store"

Him: "Well I'll get arrested for that!"

Me: "well then, you can always hide by the dumpster, close the door, and piss all over it for all I care"

When working at Guest Service I get this one a lot:
"The cashier rang *insert random item* up at the wrong price."
Or when I cashier people tell me this:
"I don't want my suff to touch the belt! It's filthy." Even though It's spotless and clean...
:facepalm:

Last edited:
I get some stupid ones:

1) "When did you move the books and music?" Ummmm....3 years ago when we did the remodel

2) "Why do you keep moving departments every week?" We don't move departments every week - we revise some aisles every week, but major transitions are done when corporate tells us so we keep new product flowing in the store to keep the consumer happy

3) "Where are the bathrooms?" Up front near the 1 hour photo where it has been since the store opened back in "98

4) "Do you sell TVs?" Look up, they're right in front of you

These are just a few, but there are a lot more

When working at Guest Service I get this one a lot:
"The cashier rang *insert random item* up at the wrong price."
Or when I cashier people tell me this:
"I don't want my suff to touch the belt! It's filthy." Even though It's spotless and clean...
*face

I really want to point out that since I have handled every single item that has been on that belt and have taken all the money, that my hands are likely dirtier than that belt.

I'm standing at my register, light on, looking out into isles for guests, and then I get that one guest....
Guest: "Are you open...?"
Me: No, I'm just standing here looking pretty for fun.... "Yes, I am ma'am (big smile)"
Ugh. I get that at least five times a day.

I'm standing at my register, light on, looking out into isles for guests, and then I get that one guest....
Guest: "Are you open...?"
Me: No, I'm just standing here looking pretty for fun.... "Yes, I am ma'am (big smile)"
Ugh. I get that at least five times a day.
And the light is off and guests keep going to your register without even asking ....

I really want to point out that since I have handled every single item that has been on that belt and have taken all the money, that my hands are likely dirtier than that belt.

Wow. That is really funny. I might just have to use that one...
It makes it worse when people ask, "can you throw this away for me?" Usually I redirect them to another trash can but sometimes I unfortunately have to throw their trash away...
I once had a lady who came through my line with a two year-old boy. The boy was chewing on some random toy and slobbering all over the place, so the mom takes a tissue out of her purse and wipes the kids face. Afterward the mother hands me the disgusting tissue and says, "throw this away, please."
No ma'am, I am not going to handle your kid's saliva infested used tissue, please use the trash can on the adjacent register. :bad:

That's why we have a small trash can in the pharmacy that we can easily lift over the counter and let THEM throw it away ;)

Our 3 staples: where is shampoo? where are q-tips/cotton balls? where is the Vaseline?

I usually get this one when I'm wearing a tgt shirt, plus name tag, plus have a walkie on my hip, with a pda and am zoning. I really want to respond sometime with "No, I don't work here. I just really like this look." :facepalm:

A TPS at my store once told the guest, while looking down at and tapping his name tag, "No ma'am, I'm sorry I don't." Like 20 minutes later she came back furious because she'd asked someone else if he worked there and they said yes.

When I was in market I used to get asked a ton for canned mushrooms/canned asparagus/french fried onions, etc. All the stuff that is in the one little tiny section on the bottom shelf in canned veggies.

Back in garden center I used to get lots of smart asses asking me if I could home with them and water their plants...

And the light is off and guests keep going to your register without even asking ....

Had that last night. I was up for backup. The GSA turned off my light. I was finishing up with what I thought was my last guest (what was I thinking?) and this guy just walks up and puts his stuff on the belt. I wanted to be mad at him so much but he was so nice. Complimented me on my haircut and then told me a good product (that we sell in Up&Up) for allergies. He was a doctor. Had a heck of a time getting away from him. He just kept talking and talking.:boredom:

Had that last night. I was up for backup. The GSA turned off my light. I was finishing up with what I thought was my last guest (what was I thinking?) and this guy just walks up and puts his stuff on the belt. I wanted to be mad at him so much but he was so nice. Complimented me on my haircut and then told me a good product (that we sell in Up&Up) for allergies. He was a doctor. Had a heck of a time getting away from him. He just kept talking and talking.:boredom:

Was he good looking?

Also, in the last month, I've had at least 25 people ask me where they can find sandals/swimwear/beach clothes. It's winter. If you're really really really lucky there might be something in the clearance racks.

Thats funny. We've had a block full of swimsuits for almost a month....

Doctor? Nice? And you were trying to get away from him?
ARE YOU CRAZY?
LOL!!
I was thinking about Lovecats hooking up to sugar daddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back