Archived Do any of you get the same quests from people on a daily basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't scrolled all through but has anyone ever gotten "can you tell me which way the door is?" :)

I always get

"Do you work here?" -.-
"WHY DOES IT ASK IF I WANT IT ALL ON THE CARD!?!?!"
"Can you call another store and ask if..."
"I don't have my redcard, can you look it up?"
"Can I have 3423482938980 extra bags? I use them for my cat litter"
"Why are you asking for my ID? You don't think I look 21?"

We get this one back in pharmacy all the time....I just tell them that it's because people sometimes have FSA/HSA cards and the system can't tell the difference between those and a "regular" credit/debit card and the FSA/HSA cards don't always cover the entire purchase. People usually buy it ;)

Last edited:

I always tell them the truth and say it's because sometimes a guest wants to pay twenty cash and put the rest on their card. I've never had anyone ask anything further after that.

I tell them that and usually add that most people tell me in the beginning (back when I cashiered full time) and don't wait for the question. They're usually satisfied with that answer.

"Where are the toddler underwear/socks? I already looked in the boys/girls department.."

"Where's the men's department? I see women and boys/girls and babies..." Idk why they had to make that wall so tall. It makes no sense that you can't see the menswear sign unless you're on the side of the wall where menswear is. By the time you can see the sign, you've already seen all the men's clothing. Okay, I exaggerate, but I'm sick of that question.

I'm a PA over in PFresh and I get the exact same questions everyday:
"Where is the sour cream?"
"Where is the cottage cheese?"
I literally get that question everyday, multiple times a day.

Oh another one is "Do you work here?" I get that at least once a day. I'm not sure why though. I wear regular khaki pants, and a red shirt. I always have my nametag on and my walkie on. Most of the time they even ask this as I'm putting things away or holding huge boxes. I don't know if it's me or if it's the guests being that dense...

(Between 1:30-2:00 p.m. with the "PHARMACY CLOSED" signs up) "Are you closed?"

It would be soooo much easier if we were just allowed to close the damn gates while the pharmacist was at lunch!!! People OBVIOUSLY don't understand basic English :dash2:

Still my favorite....."Where are your travel items?".....ummmm....look down! :facepalm:

Now is it just my special city, or do you have to go through a whole song and dance when you tell them to look down? For us, it normally goes:

Oh the travel section? It's right in front of us here. Just look down. (Guest turn around) No, look at me, and look down (guest looks behind them again) NO, at me, now as if you were trying to look at my shoes... that usually does it...

Still my favorite....."Where are your travel items?".....ummmm....look down! :facepalm:

Now is it just my special city, or do you have to go through a whole song and dance when you tell them to look down? For us, it normally goes:

Oh the travel section? It's right in front of us here. Just look down. (Guest turn around) No, look at me, and look down (guest looks behind them again) NO, at me, now as if you were trying to look at my shoes... that usually does it...
Sometimes....usually, it's when they ask where the items behind them are and we tell them "they're right behind you" and they inevitably walk a few steps, THEN turn around so they're looking at a different end cap. :facepalm:

All day, every day. Where is Pet food? When we remodeled, they moved it to the far side next to sporting goods and luggage. Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back