Archived Do any of you get the same quests from people on a daily basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Can you order an item from online for me?"
"Can the store 10 miles from here ship this item to your store?"
"Can I get cash back for this $35 baby formula even though I don't have a receipt and I don't look like I have a baby?"
"Can I open these christmas lights and plug them in somewhere?"

UGH UGH UGH.

"Can the store 10 miles from here ship this item to your store?"

I will never understand why they even ask this. We have two targets that are 4 miles apart from my store. Why on earth would you want to wait for an item to be shipped to our store, when you could drive to the other store in less than ten minutes.

Gee, how could I forget this one? From 1:30-2:00, the pharmacist goes to lunch and we're "closed". We can still accept prescriptions, ring out regular purchases, take refill requests, etc, but we can't dispense prescriptions, PSE, etc. We have 3 signs saying that we're closed, it's against the law to dispense, yada, yada, yada. EVERY DAY, we get people who ask "are we open? can they pick up their prescription?" AFTER they read the signs!!!!! NO! You just read the sign! What part of "The pharmacy is CLOSED" did you NOT understand?

People are always asking me where things are, usually when I'm walking to or from my breaks. Which is kind of odd, because I wear black and khaki and leave my nametag on my apron. It drives me crazy, because I don't carry a walkie, so it's not like I can really call someone to assist them, like all the stupid training videos tell you to do. So I'm usually stuck trying to help someone find items around the pharmacy/personal care section. Drives me crazy! I don't know what I'm doing! Don't ask me!

"Do you have a Red Box here?"
Dude...no....the entire damn store is red. If we had a Red Box, people would think it was a Target thing and it would cause total confusion amongst the masses.

If we had Redbox, people wouldn't be able to find it. On top of people being ****ing idiots and not seeing things in plain sight, it would blend in with the rest of the store!

When working at Guest Service I get this one a lot:
"The cashier rang *insert random item* up at the wrong price."
Or when I cashier people tell me this:
"I don't want my suff to touch the belt! It's filthy." Even though It's spotless and clean...
:facepalm:

Lmfao, oh if only the saw how wonderful the backroom is. That would be a fun tour to give them before they try to hand you each and every little item they have in their cart. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

I'm getting REALLY tired of "Why is this so expensive? The last time I got it (usually October, November, or December), it was only $X?!?!?!?!"
Me: Well, it's a new year, you probably have a deductible...
Guest: I don't have a deductible...I've NEVER had a deductible.
Me: Well, your plan may have changed, give me a moment, let me look in the computer and I may be able to find it...(go check and sure enough, they have a deductible)
(come back)
Me: Yes, according to your company, you do have a deductible and $X was applied towards it.
Guest: No, your system is wrong, I don't have a deductible. I've NEVER had a deductible.
Me: Well, our information comes directly from your insurance company so you need to contact them to clarify....we can hold this if you'd like
***sigh****repeat in 30 minutes***

"When will this be on sale?"

"Where is your sliced cheese?"

"Why don't you sell ____?" Insert an out of season vegetable or fruit.

"Why don't you sell lamb, fresh seafood?"

"Where are your gluten free foods?" While I am standing in the middle of PFresh. People do your homework, research your own disorders, fruits, vegetable, meat and dairy ARE gluten free.

When I have answerd a call "can I pay over the phone with my credit card?"

"Can I have that picture/display when you take it down?"

"Where are your gluten free foods?" While I am standing in the middle of PFresh. People do your homework, research your own disorders, fruits, vegetable, meat and dairy ARE gluten free.

Keep in mind, though, some people have no need to eat gluten-free. It's just the latest fad they're following, and they have no interest in doing actual research.

Where did you move shampoo to? (Mind you, it's been in the same place for 2+ years....)
Where is the hand soap? (ummm....right behind you....)
Where are your travel sized items? (ummm....right in front of you....)

Next time someone asks you that, ask them what gluten is. They just know that Dr. Oz told them not to eat it. I understand that you may or may not be allergic to gluten, but that is not the (main) reason you're fat. It's probably the buy 3 get 1 coke products in your cart, not the gluten. Just a thought :spiteful:

Next time someone asks you that, ask them what gluten is. They just know that Dr. Oz told them not to eat it. I understand that you may or may not be allergic to gluten, but that is not the (main) reason you're fat. It's probably the buy 3 get 1 coke products in your cart, not the gluten. Just a thought :spiteful:

^ always cracks me up. It's usually either him or Dr. Mercola. I have some "health issues" and people are always sending me crap articles written by one of the two on "how to cure X with Y" or "Is your A being caused by B?". My favorite is the "aspartame poisoning" one, which I get AT LEAST once a month. The ironic thing is that the only things I consume with artificial sweetener are diet sodas and I have MAYBE 2-3 a WEEK (which is nowhere NEAR enough to "poison" me)....oh, and the occasional piece of sugar-free gum (which again, is maybe 2-3x/week). My health issues are most likely genetic (since others in my family ALSO had similar issues) and NOT caused/cured by what foods I am/am not putting in my body so stop sending me crap written by these quacks! If they're such "geniuses", why hasn't YOUR health improved by following their advice??? :huh:

Where are the checkout lanes....

Keep in mind there is only 1 entrance and all the checkout lanes are upfront...

It's funny how I always see guests who vowed to never return to our store.

The common questions I get are:

"Where are your lightbulbs / sewing needles / poster board / kleenex?"
"Where is the shoe department?"
"Where are the bathrooms?"
"Do you sell paint / clothing dye / bb guns / bullets / yarn / posters?"
"Do you work here?"

It's funny how I always see guests who vowed to never return to our store.

The common questions I get are:

"Where are your lightbulbs / sewing needles / poster board / kleenex?"
"Where is the shoe department?"
"Where are the bathrooms?"
"Do you sell paint / clothing dye / bb guns / bullets / yarn / posters?"
"Do you work here?"

Dare you to walk up to them and say "I'm so glad you decided to continue shopping at Target!" (with a smirk on your face of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back