Archived Do You Get Told About Guest Surveys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I've had a few guests say that they would take the guest survey and write about how helpful I was. I was just wondering if anyone gets told by anyone if a guests writes a good review on you? Or is there another way to find out? Not a big deal if not I'm just really curious.
ASANTS, but...

I rarely get recognized by my GSTL. My leadership is used to me jumping at the chance to be helpful, and working my tail off, so when a guest is like "GSA2 IS MAGICALLY DELICIOUS" they're like "oh good I'm glad!" ... and then it never gets back to me. Ever.

How do I know? I've overheard guests complimenting me to my GSTL and her saying "good" like it was expected of me a couple of times. The second time I was standing right there when it happened and I swear to you she pulled that shit, took two steps, looked over and saw me ... and lifted her walkie to give me a 3 second shout-out with a forced smile.

I mean yea it was 4q... but that was so awkward and it felt like pulling teeth when she saw me and felt assed enough to recognize me. Because she knew I heard her brush it off.

Basically they expect it of me, so, no, I've never been told if I got a good survey. But naturally I need to push my cashiers to get those guests to take that survey because "if someone gets a good one they get recognized." :rolleyes:

ASANTS, but...

I rarely get recognized by my GSTL. My leadership is used to me jumping at the chance to be helpful, and working my tail off, so when a guest is like "GSA2 IS MAGICALLY DELICIOUS" they're like "oh good I'm glad!" ... and then it never gets back to me. Ever.

How do I know? I've overheard guests complimenting me to my GSTL and her saying "good" like it was expected of me a couple of times. The second time I was standing right there when it happened and I swear to you she pulled that shit, took two steps, looked over and saw me ... and lifted her walkie to give me a 3 second shout-out with a forced smile.

I mean yea it was 4q... but that was so awkward and it felt like pulling teeth when she saw me and felt assed enough to recognize me. Because she knew I heard her brush it off.

Basically they expect it of me, so, no, I've never been told if I got a good survey. But naturally I need to push my cashiers to get those guests to take that survey because "if someone gets a good one they get recognized." :rolleyes:

You might get a ton of people who think you do a great job but they never say a word vs the one idiot who has nothing but time to complain about you just because they have nothing else to live for. This explains the internet with twitter in particular and neverending grandma's basement jokes and the freeloaders who live them. Sad but true. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and the squeaky wheels needing greased are the ones that already have problems.

When my manager tells me I do well in a daily conversation or in a quarterly review I tell them that I'm just trying to make the day go faster and not trying to outdo anyone else but on the inside crushing production is its own reward so my best advice is be your own advocate and pat yourself on the back. Take care of you and let the managers take care of themselves because they probably have so many squeaking wheels to worry about that they never take notice of the wheel that eternally spins faithful and true like it was handcrafted by Zeus for his own personal chariot. And maybe that manager even sees you as competition? Good. Let them.

Let the squeaky wheels squeak and let envious covetous managers tend to them. We got bigger fish to fry. Yesterday - this customer! Today - that customer! Tomorrow - those customers! Make expectations a target and blow them out of the f#@$!@@%&$ing water.

God complex? Damn skippy. It's healthier than loathing and more useful than despair.

You got this. Rock that sh#@$<=÷%t !!!

Once, when I walked into Clerical and the ETL-HR and STL were all sitting behind the counter kicking it.
They go, "hey, <me>, you got a good review a few days ago! They said you were the nicest cashier they've had and you deserve a raise!"
I'm like "aww, thank you!" and keep it moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back