Archived do you sign out your pda/walkie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lately i havent just because half the time when i come back to return it, i cant find my name on the sign out sheet...so instead i just stopped signing it out. i dont want to sign it out and then when i come back to return it, not sign it back (cuz i cant find my name) in cuz it will look like i stole it/ lost it without signing it back in.. does it matter? does anyone check or care? waste of time aswell looking through papers for my name when i should be clocked out already

At my old store they were hard core about signing in and out your equipment.
They had a captain for it and everything.
This was after losing a bunch of it and spending a fortune to buy more of course.
But yes, the minute that piece of equipment goes missing and your name was the last one connected to it you're going to wish you'd signed it back in.

Once upon a time the made us sign everything in & out. And they told us that if we lost a piece of equipment it would come out of our check. LOL how naive I was to believe that. I've been there for a loong time (relatively) & no one has ever been made to pay for lost equipment, that I know of. Now it's first come first serve, with no signout sheet in sight. I wish they would issue one per TM to keep under lock and key & be responsible for. Sure would help if we all had PDA's.

We have the sign out/in sheet hanging in the TSC, but nobody ever uses it. TL's don't point it out to new team members. nothing

I think the current sign in/out sheets haven't been updated since early 4th quarter 2013.

Best practice is (or should be) that trackable equipment (PDAs and LPDAs) do not need to be signed out (but a lot of stores do it). Walkies and printers should be signed out since they cannot be tracked through workbench.

I think I've seen both extremes at my store. It was a gentleman's agreement to sign everything out when I first started 2 and a half years ago. Then, after it was found that TM's were hiding equipment away (where I have no idea), management decided to start locking the equipment room to enforce accountability. That was a royal pain for the LOD's to be called for not only keys, but equipment as well, so that idea quickly dissolved. Very few TM's including myself ever sign stuff out now....

Now add in the fact that flow starts at 6am recently. We simply don't have enough walkies, PDA's, or LPDA's to go around when the doors open on truck days.

GSTL's/GSA's, Guest Service, Fitting Room/Operator, Cart Attendant, and Electronics TM's all are left begging for several hours for a walkie, let alone a PDA at the least. At Guest Service, we have a Flexible Fulfillment PDA that is only supposed to be for Guest Service to fulfill orders and used at the Service Desk. We are instructed to lock it away every night in the photo closet or we get in trouble. Our Log ETL steals it from us every morning for the flow team anyway. Go figure.

It took us 3 hours after open yesterday to get one LPDA to share for the entire front end.

If you are going to change these times fine, just give us enough equipment!!

I did. Every single time. There were days at a time where my name was the only name on the sheet. And each day I made a new one. Sometimes I would come back on Monday from my weekend off and Friday's sheet, that I had made that morning, that only had my name on it, was still there.

I knew nobody gave a sh**. And I knew it could be tracked online because I showed half the store how to do it. ETLs would always say how important it was that everything always be signed out, but then they would sit there in clerical on their a**es and watch TMs raid the cabinet and walk away without signing out, all the while merrily carrying on inane conversations about stupid crap.

I can understand why they used to be protective of them like that. I remember that the PDAs cost $1600 to the store for new ones, and around $200 - $500 to send them in and get them fixed. Having them disappear or lost gets pricy, especially when TMs hide them for personal use.

Now though there is no need to have them signed out because all the PDAs/LPDAs can be tracked on Workbench on who used them last, so any missing or damaged can be followed up with that TM.

Tsc person signs ours out/in and gives them to us. Few months back, their hours were cut so there's not always a person back there so, sometimes I just grab returned equipment from the desk and I don't always sign it out.

I think I've seen both extremes at my store. It was a gentleman's agreement to sign everything out when I first started 2 and a half years ago. Then, after it was found that TM's were hiding equipment away (where I have no idea), management decided to start locking the equipment room to enforce accountability. That was a royal pain for the LOD's to be called for not only keys, but equipment as well, so that idea quickly dissolved. Very few TM's including myself ever sign stuff out now....

Now add in the fact that flow starts at 6am recently. We simply don't have enough walkies, PDA's, or LPDA's to go around when the doors open on truck days.

GSTL's/GSA's, Guest Service, Fitting Room/Operator, Cart Attendant, and Electronics TM's all are left begging for several hours for a walkie, let alone a PDA at the least. At Guest Service, we have a Flexible Fulfillment PDA that is only supposed to be for Guest Service to fulfill orders and used at the Service Desk. We are instructed to lock it away every night in the photo closet or we get in trouble. Our Log ETL steals it from us every morning for the flow team anyway. Go figure.

It took us 3 hours after open yesterday to get one LPDA to share for the entire front end.

If you are going to change these times fine, just give us enough equipment!!

Oh don't forget In-Stocks. We don't get a choice if we need PDA's or not. And equipment can be ordered, not cheap but it can be done.

We don't sign pdas out anymore, and we're getting all new ones so it's a total free for all right now. We're supposed to sign walkies out but no one ever does so I don't bother. I also consider this a little victory over my least favorite Etl who was all about coaching for walkies and eventually gave up.

I always sign my keys in and out though. Partially because I love our ap, partially because losing track of keys is a massive pain for all involved.

Last edited:
We have a sheet for pdas, redundant I suppose, but my store went suddenly, weirdly, crazy about sign in-outs a couple of months ago. Think I have a demerit or whatever for once letting another TM use my pda (capitalization intentional) for a few minutes.

Fortunately, they no longer number or track walkies. I've lost two in the last few months; they easily fall from my hoodie pocket. I don't realize when or where, so I shut up and hope for the best.

Walkies have become throwaways. Pda's are tracked by tm's login. Sign in sheet is out of date except for key control.

Used to be religious about it but they suddenly stopped putting up new sign-in/sign-out sheets in our main equipment room so I don't worry about it anymore. I'd do a little happy dance if my store would just order some damn walkies though--we went from always having at least two laying around to nothing in the span of a couple weeks. No clue where they all went.

We used to have a sign out sheet, but now it's all done through the log in info.

Technical question about PDAs, how to you completely log out of one?

We used to have a sign out sheet as well, but I guess one day they decided to not put it up and we've been that way for the past six months or so.

And equipment can be ordered, not cheap but it can be done.

Walkies can be ordered. But PDAs and LPDAs are allocated to stores by the district.

Technical question about PDAs, how to you completely log out of one?

If you're talking about WebApps (not RF Apps), hit the house button at the top left of the screen. When you reach the screen with Urgent News, MyWork, etc., you'll see a button with three houses. Hit that button, then hit the "out-the-door" button in the top right corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back