Archived Do you use reusable shopping bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got one of the Target gift cards that comes with a "tote bag". I was thinking about using it, it might be nice to save $0.05 every time I go to Target. Especially since I tend to do a little shopping at least 3-4 days a week after work.

What about the rest of you, do you bring your own bags to Target?

I keep one in my car for anything I need to pick up after work. It took a while to remember to bring it in but it's second nature now.

Yes.

I'd have to agree that it ll be nice to have .05 credit for every bag we use at Target. ;)

5 cents off plus your discount, plus the RED card discount, plus coupons, plus clearance, plus that extra discounts you get. mmmmmmmm

I try to remember now and it's for the money. Same with the grocery store I save .05 with their paper bags.

Haha, the environmental piece isn't a big deal for me, I'm in it for the savings...

As a former cashier, I hated when guests brought reusable bags. Sure they saved the 5 cents, but you greatly. slow. down. my. line..

Lol. I have no problem with Team Members using them. It's the guests. ;)

As a former cashier, I hated when guests brought reusable bags. Sure they saved the 5 cents, but you greatly. slow. down. my. line..

I have no problem with the reusable bags. It doesn't slow me down that much. And the majority of the guests will go down and bag themselves once they get their stuff unloaded.

My husband does all our grocery shopping (since I'm usually there, being Tgt, anyway) and he always uses them.

There is a saying that says" A penny saved is a penny earned". In this economy every penny counts, every nickel counts.

Poutine

Should a cashier give the 0.05 credit if the guest buys only a couple of items and doesn't use any bag?

Should a cashier give the 0.05 credit if the guest buys only a couple of items and doesn't use any bag?

Nope. It was put in the rules when the 5 cent thing started that is was only good for guest with reusable bags, not those who choose not to use them. I think it might be too easy to abuse if that were the case. "Oh, sir, you don't want a bag for your sofa bed or your dresser or your table set? $0.15 off for you!"

its .05 who cares. I tell the cashiers to do it if they want.

Call me petty, but coupon rules are something I follow. People abuse them too much. I used to not care about the $0.05 off either, but when someone asked me for $0.05 off their gum when they bought it b/c they didn't want a bag, I drew the line. I now enforce it for every guest, every time. I think its less confusing for the guests if every cashier follows the same rules, not just do what they want.

This is a joke thread correct? You guys are not really excited over saving a nickel right?

Multiply that nickle be a couple hundred trips to the store every year and it adds up.

Same mentality with coupons. Save a little here and there and it gets to be a rather large amount over the course of a year. My wife has become quite the expert at coupons and can routinely save 75-90% on every shopping trip.

This. Also, if I had reusable bags, I would never remember to use them.

Call me petty, but coupon rules are something I follow. People abuse them too much. I used to not care about the $0.05 off either, but when someone asked me for $0.05 off their gum when they bought it b/c they didn't want a bag, I drew the line. I now enforce it for every guest, every time. I think its less confusing for the guests if every cashier follows the same rules, not just do what they want.

A nickel isn't enough to get in an argument with a guest over. If I turned them down and they asked to speak to my store manager, they would end up getting it anyways. Even if they aren't in the right, a nickel is a small price to pay for having a guest leave satisfied.

A nickel isn't enough to get in an argument with a guest over. If I turned them down and they asked to speak to my store manager, they would end up getting it anyways. Even if they aren't in the right, a nickel is a small price to pay for having a guest leave satisfied.

I won't argue with you there. My point is that I don't think its right for the guest to argue it just b/c they've gotten it before. If my cashiers never offer it, then guest will never argue. I would rather have ever guest treated the same than to just allow the cashiers to give it to them if they want and cause confusion down the line.

I've had guests come up with a pile of our plastic bags and think they would get a nickle a bag. This was soon after we started the nickle a bag for reusable. I told them no and they insisted that one of the other cashiers had done it for them. The answer was still no.

This. Also, if I had reusable bags, I would never remember to use them.

They only tick me off because I pride myself on my speed and accuracy... Slow down my IPM and cut down the number of transactions I'll have for the whole day and mess with my score, I will not be happy. One shift ending at Target I got 200 transactions spot on. 97% speed score. Know why it was 97% and not 100%? Six guests. Reusable bags. All six transactions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back