Archived Does anyone ever read targets Facebook page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, the visitor posts? I just read it daily now and find some peoples posts stupid!

"I have never done this before but I'm MAD. Beware of Target stores. I have been assured that the policy is if you receive a gift for a broken or defective item they will not do an even exchange for the exact same item. My granddaughter received a record player that did not work. It was a gift so there was no receipt. No problem we thought, we are exchanging it for the exact same record player. We just wanted one that worked. Well Target's policy is even on a even exchange for the exact same item that was defective is they will give you the last price in their system and you can pay the difference for the exact same item they sold you that didnt work. I understand if we wanted something else or money back but that was not the fact. Target will not stand behind the gifts you purchase unless you give the receipt to the person that gets the gift. REALLY! After the third Target I called they said that is the policy but at Christmas they don't always stand behind the policy. So it depends on who is standing at the Customer Service counter, I cant believe they call this customer service. We will not purchase any more gifts from Target."

No way. I get upset enough dealing with the guests in my own store over the return policies. I know there are plenty of idiots out there but I have the pleasure of interacting with more than my fair share.
Haha... sorry. There really are a lot of idiots and I rarely ever have to deal with them.

"Target, you should be ashamed that your Two Notch (Columbia, SC) location is a mess!"
Maybe if people actually knew how to be people

"
I'm just curious-

Do you guys CHECK things that are returned before you put them back on the shelf?! I bought the Artisian mini kitchenAid at my D'iberville, MS target today... said "repackaged" and had a small discount- it was the only one so I bought it. Upon checkout I SPECIFICALLY asked "Does repackaged just mean it was returned, but still new?" - was told 'yes'...

Fast forward about an hour and a half when I finally get home and unpackaged it to find it scuffed up AND- my personal favorite- food caked in all the cracks... It's clearly used and I'm more than angry that I just paid over $200 for a USED item. I mean really?!"

I can't.

"While I love Target stores, I definitely do NOT love your return/exchange policy. My husband received a t-shirt as a gift, and it was the wrong size. I went to exchange it today. The employee informed me that they could not just exchange the t-shirt. Since there was no gift receipt, the only option was to take store credit on a gift card, which would have been fine if it would have been the correct amount to get the same shirt in the correct size. However, she would only give me the amount of the most recent sale price, which was a few dollars less. I had no choice but to take the lower store credit, because we have no use for a shirt that is not the correct size for anyone in our household. This is ridiculous. Why would I not be able to just go to customer service and explain the situation, leave the shirt with them, and come back with the shirt in the correct size? I only wanted to exchange it, not get something completely different. Now if my husband wants to have the shirt that my niece bought him in the correct size, he actually has to pay money to get it, when she already paid full price for it. This is ridiculous!"

Get full price with no receipt! Wow!

"While I love Target stores, I definitely do NOT love your return/exchange policy. My husband received a t-shirt as a gift, and it was the wrong size. I went to exchange it today. The employee informed me that they could not just exchange the t-shirt. Since there was no gift receipt, the only option was to take store credit on a gift card, which would have been fine if it would have been the correct amount to get the same shirt in the correct size. However, she would only give me the amount of the most recent sale price, which was a few dollars less. I had no choice but to take the lower store credit, because we have no use for a shirt that is not the correct size for anyone in our household. This is ridiculous. Why would I not be able to just go to customer service and explain the situation, leave the shirt with them, and come back with the shirt in the correct size? I only wanted to exchange it, not get something completely different. Now if my husband wants to have the shirt that my niece bought him in the correct size, he actually has to pay money to get it, when she already paid full price for it. This is ridiculous!"

First send guest to the floor to find shirt they want, have them come back. Make sure to explain you need the same shirt just changing sizes. So the shirt is clearance or on sale, you return the wrong size put the amount on the gift card. Sell correct size shirt then adjust it down to the clearance/sale price and it comes up to the $$ on the gift card in your hand.

Once in a while they do have a valid complaint.

"
I'm just curious-

Do you guys CHECK things that are returned before you put them back on the shelf?! I bought the Artisian mini kitchenAid at my D'iberville, MS target today... said "repackaged" and had a small discount- it was the only one so I bought it. Upon checkout I SPECIFICALLY asked "Does repackaged just mean it was returned, but still new?" - was told 'yes'...

Fast forward about an hour and a half when I finally get home and unpackaged it to find it scuffed up AND- my personal favorite- food caked in all the cracks... It's clearly used and I'm more than angry that I just paid over $200 for a USED item. I mean really?!"

I can't.
Really though, a repackaged item should be like new and not used for a meal. At that point it should be defected.

"
I'm just curious-

I can't.

You can sense the entitlement in their voice when they said "Upon checkout I SPECIFICALLY"

I have to agree that this is a stupid way of doing an exchange for a different size. Working guest services I just adjust the price of the different size.

I don't read their Facebook anymore because it legitimately ruins my day and puts me in a terrible mood. It's just not healthy for me. Having said that, that was actually a pretty valid complaint you quoted. Some guest services are fucking stupid. I wouldn't do that to a guest. If it's the exact same item, just fucking adjust the prices as necessary. Be smarter than the computer, please! In certain scenarios, it even gives you an option to list the reason for a price change as "even exchange." Of course that option is unavailable in a normal transaction. Go figure.

And then other people will comment on the complaints things like "Target doesn't care about their customers ever since they made it their policy to be ok with creepy old men spying on girls in the bathroom."
You'll see the same three or four people making this comment, too, and then a handful more people who reply, some who agree and say "This is why I'm boycotting Target!" and others that basically tell them they're dense and need to STFU (with varying degrees of niceness). It's tiring to read.

Let me know if this impersonation is overboard.

"NEVER SHOPPING AT TARGET AGAIN!!! I went into target to get some clothe shopping done and it said all tshirts were off 25%. I grab like 5 shirts and check out and the lady had the audacity to not ring up the 25%!!! She asked if I had a cart wheel or whatever the f*** it is(oops sorry hubby doesn't like it when I swear, also I drive his Ford F150 XLT when he's at work and coach my friends around in it while we shop!!) and told me if I had cart wheel I'd get the 25% off! I am NOT paying money for an app just to get 25% off... never shopping at Target ever again."

I have no idea why that's popped into my head, but it seems so realistic to me.

Let me know if this impersonation is overboard.

"NEVER SHOPPING AT TARGET AGAIN!!! I went into target to get some clothe shopping done and it said all tshirts were off 25%. I grab like 5 shirts and check out and the lady had the audacity to not ring up the 25%!!! She asked if I had a cart wheel or whatever the f*** it is(oops sorry hubby doesn't like it when I swear, also I drive his Ford F150 XLT when he's at work and coach my friends around in it while we shop!!) and told me if I had cart wheel I'd get the 25% off! I am NOT paying money for an app just to get 25% off... never shopping at Target ever again."

I have no idea why that's popped into my head, but it seems so realistic to me.

Cause it happens everyday. Seen it myself. And I den their asses packing. Nope stupid doesn't get a discount.

Considering I've only been with Spot a little over two years, three years altogether in retail experience, a lot of guests and customers seem to think that because Target is a little more lenient about certain things that it's no longer a business and instead a charity. It's still a business, just with more of a Stepford Wives/lotus eaters approach.

Count me into the group that couldnt take it anymore. I went the day of the Hatchimals event and saw people complaining how we used an unfair ticketing system? Really? One guy demanded to know why his son was turned down when he applied. People are just awful.

I will deal with our guest in the store but I refuse to deal with them outside of it.

"Target did not help me. And My original post is gone. But anyway. I will not shop at any Target store ever again. The Friday before Christmas I did some shopping and the register would not approve my check .I had to leave a full cart of gifts and items I needed behind and go home in tears. Called the 800 number and they basically said "so sorry sucker" "you don't shop here enough for us to like your check". "Go shop elsewhere"
.. . OK I will shop elsewhere. No biggie."

It's targets fault they can't accept your check?

"Target did not help me. And My original post is gone. But anyway. I will not shop at any Target store ever again. The Friday before Christmas I did some shopping and the register would not approve my check .I had to leave a full cart of gifts and items I needed behind and go home in tears. Called the 800 number and they basically said "so sorry sucker" "you don't shop here enough for us to like your check". "Go shop elsewhere"
.. . OK I will shop elsewhere. No biggie."

It's targets fault they can't accept your check?

People who use checks generally don't understand how the world works these days.

All in the retail world where we reward them for their mean and stupid behaviors. This one can't spell or use grammar correctly. "Don't shop at target terrible consumer service they shut down your account if you say they wrong things!!!

A few weeks ago it was flooded with complaints that were meant for the Australian Target. They had advertised the NES as being available online and it instantly sold out and crashed their website.

I have worked in retail long time. target may just have the dumbest customers Ive ever encountered .
Personally I think Targets signing is sometimes confusing and does require reading and sometimes more info than included. If Target wants you to read everything they should make it all the same size not just the big 50% off with the additional requirements smaller. Just making the signs gray with the top picture of cartwheel without any explanation that this is an app only savings isn't very intuitive. They need to have the QR barcode and a note to saying to scan to get the app or ask about how to get the barcode from home- or something more than what they have now. My target will also but the big 40% off sweaters but put the sign on top of every rack including ones that don't have sweaters- especially irritating over a rack of Henley's or near sweaters and I have to explain why Target doesn't consider this or that a sweater.

I really think Target wants guest to intentionally misread or misunderstand the signs hoping that they won't notice or bother when they buy something because they think it is on sale and really end up paying full price.

I am not saying that guests couldn't do a better job reading the signs but knowing that guests misunderstand the way they are currently signed and not doing anything about it, is on Target.

Personally I think Targets signing is sometimes confusing and does require reading and sometimes more info than included. If Target wants you to read everything they should make it all the same size not just the big 50% off with the additional requirements smaller. Just making the signs gray with the top picture of cartwheel without any explanation that this is an app only savings isn't very intuitive. They need to have the QR barcode and a note to saying to scan to get the app or ask about how to get the barcode from home- or something more than what they have now. My target will also but the big 40% off sweaters but put the sign on top of every rack including ones that don't have sweaters- especially irritating over a rack of Henley's or near sweaters and I have to explain why Target doesn't consider this or that a sweater.

I really think Target wants guest to intentionally misread or misunderstand the signs hoping that they won't notice or bother when they buy something because they think it is on sale and really end up paying full price.

I am not saying that guests couldn't do a better job reading the signs but knowing that guests misunderstand the way they are currently signed and not doing anything about it, is on Target.

I don't blame the guest for crap like that, if it isn't on sale, it shouldn't have a sale sign on it. Today we have just about everything %70 off in seasonal. However we discovered today the scotch tape isn't part of that. So we are having to honor that for the two huge bins with the sign over them. We can't pull the sign cause everything above the bins on the base deck are %70 off. That isn't the guest fault, its ours and I honor that price cause we caused it. Worse ad take down never pulled the $3 sale sign from the bins so we were able to back out of a few sales for $3 bucks but they are giving away a lot of tape tonight.

TL who is never wrong can deal with why it wasn't pulled out when it went PLU..

Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back