Archived Does anyone have anyone leftover from their Orientation Group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. One Abandoned about a month in, one got fired at the 3 months, and one stuck around for a year or so and went HL->Cashier->GSA then left.

There was only one other person in mine and he was fired after like 2 months for making threats against the store :rolleyes:

We just lost the last member of the group after mine last week though- so I'm the only one left after just under 2 years.

I realized the other day though that all of my bosses are different than they were on my first day. We've still got one ETL who was there when I started, but he isn't my ETL, so he's not really my boss. But my TL, ETL, and STL are all different.

It's funny. After I started and I realized I had really good bosses I started worrying about them leaving. But the one good thing about Target is that there's SO much overturn that things are always in flux- everyones comings and goings are overlapping, so you never lose everyone all at once. There have been a handful of people that I couldn't imagine not working with every day...but for one reason or another they left, and I found that I don't really notice their absence. Makes me feel like I have just the right level of attachment to the people I work with.

Yep, there's one left with me! There were 5 of us initially. One was fired in under a month for going at it in a yelling match with the ETL GE. One got a way better job doing what she loves and one ditched Target because I set her up with a job with my mom with better hours and pay. The last guy just became a TPS and is super happy because his dream is to become a police officer so he can do this in the meantime. And then I'm here just chilling still not quite knowing what I wanna do.

And then I'm here just chilling still not quite knowing what I wanna do.

Right? Like...I kind of feel like being the last one standing is like being the kid picked last in gym class. I mean, most of the people who have left my store have done so because they were fired or they just couldn't handle it, but still...I definitely feel myself stalling out *sigh*

The fact that I'm the last one left is sad actually. There is nothing to be proud of at least lmao.

My orientation was more than 6 months ago, but less than a year. IIRC we had about a dozen people. Five of us are left, myself included. Though come to think of it, I haven't seen one of our final five in a while; but that could just be due to how low hours are and our workcenters rarely crossing paths. Of those who left, I believe they all departed within the first month or two.

Me and one guy remain out of a group of 8 people. It sucks because I was really looking forward to one of the guys in the group but he found a better job almost immediately.

Mine only had 3 people. One left for medical reasons and one is still here but getting one 4 hour shift a week so I am thankful!

I realized the other day though that all of my bosses are different than they were on my first day. We've still got one ETL who was there when I started, but he isn't my ETL, so he's not really my boss. But my TL, ETL, and STL are all different.

If you ever use the store insight tool on workbench. Very few executives stay at the same store more than 3 years.

Mine was during holiday seasonal so one lasted a few days, one a few weeks, another on the last day for seasonal TMs. That was over 4 years ago.

No one from my group but a girl who started the same day is still there and the one who did my orientation is now a gstl 8 1\2 years in. I think there are 3 other logistics team members who have been there longer than me and a few other team members on other teams

Probably not. I had orientation at a different store than the one I was hired by, and that was the week before Christmas 2014. I would be surprised if any of the four girls that were in orientation with me are still at that store.

There were 4 of us at my orientation. I don't even remember the third person...but the other two are still here.

Yes! 3 years in and one other person who stayed cashier for a bit is now our hrtm. The others sucked. They lasted like a month haha

Yeah, I think it's just me and another hardlines tm. She went on maternity leave, and I thought she had left/quit/got termed, but came back. Another was a cart attendant...he lasted pretty long...but haven't seen him in a long time now. Another was seasonal, and another quit after not too long.

Yeah, well I'm overnight and there was only one other person in the orientation that was also going for overnight and we're both still there almost a year and a half later

uh no. Not one ETL/STL either.

Last year we turned over all but two in the ETL's our former Ops and overnight. Everyone else turned over. Three in one month, quit.

Of my orientation group, there are two of us left. I think there were 10 of us total at the beginning.

Just me. It was four of us hired for seasonal: one backroom and three cashiers including a minor. The other non-minor cashier lasted quite a while in a different workcenter, but eventually left for a better opportunity. She wanted to stick around part-time but the powers that be said it wouldn't be consistent with business needs. Here I am about 2.5 years later and probably one of the most global folks in the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back