Archived Does anyone remember the Seattle fish market video

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those that have been with spot for ages does anyone remember the Seattle fish market video they would show you in orientation? I thought it was the most interesting video that had no ties to target yet it was relevant to tranning back then

My orientation was so long ago I don't recall any of the videos except the one about safety and the woman who was climbing the backroom shelves and her wedding ring got caught and ripped her finger off. She would wave her nub around and warn you not to climb the shelves.

My orientation was so long ago I don't recall any of the videos except the one about safety and the woman who was climbing the backroom shelves and her wedding ring got caught and ripped her finger off. She would wave her nub around and warn you not to climb the shelves.

what the hell

Omg! Yes, I do!!! It was called "Fish". It showed all these happy crackheads tossing around fish. It was shown at a TL meeting long ago, as a way to inspire great culture. I couldn't stop laughing at how cheesy it was.

Thanks for reminding me. Those were fun times!

I remember this also. I don't remember the other stories, just this one that really stuck out.

The one that always stuck out to me was the fire in the middle of softlines. I think that one was around the first time I worked for spot. Wasn't in my last orientation though.

The fish video was the greatest lol we used to play it during our overnight breaks just to irratate people till the hr took it away from us lol

I also remember the back room Tm and the ring fiasco but that's about all I remember plus I was hired in 03 and I think they were still using vhs

I remember there was a guy with a glass eye that lost his eye while pushing carts. He had tied too many carts together with a bungee cord and it broke.

That's the video. And it was awesome.

The old safety videos were also great, nub lady was awesome.

Another that comes to mind is the cheesy Union video where the guy is having a party with s disco ball in the bathroom.

MONTANA!!!! We watched the fish video years ago at my last employer, for team building and customer service. When I had a lay over in Seattle I had the chance to visit the fish market, they really do toss em thru the air!!
Side note, friend of mine was jumping out the back of his moving truck, his wedding ring got hooked (he's a well built man, weighs about 240lbs) he hung there for about 2 seconds before his ring finger was de-gloved, not a pretty site.

I remember the fish video and the video where the team member lost her finger.

@60SecondsRemaining , thanks for that! I know it is super cheesy, but it is so fun compared to the lack of culture taking over Target.
And yes, ring finger lady is both cool and creepy.
I do remember some oldschool anti-union videos that we had to watch at TL meetings. "We aren't anti-union, we are pro-team."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back