Archived Does anyone's store have the backroom on the side instead of the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store the "backroom" is on the side of the store. The back wall of the sales floor just has emergency exits that lead outside.

I worked at a store that had stockrooms on all 4 sides

I go back and forth between a Super T with a huge, extremely organized backroom (I'm talking to the point where a certain Region VP recognized our ETL-Log for it on a jet visit last year), to a ULV store whose tiny backroom is a clusterf*ck.

But yeah, it really all depends on overall store size and the year your store was built. Same goes for your TSC and break room locations. I never realized some of the newer stores don't have the "front desk" TSCs like the older stores do.

The backroom at my store extends around from the back left corner to the front right corner. Super Target.

Is it weird that my store's stockroom is in the basement? We also have seperate stockrooms for toys and electronics.

This target I worked at had a basement backroom. Fun times waiting for the elevator to go up.

I go back and forth between a Super T with a huge, extremely organized backroom (I'm talking to the point where a certain Region VP recognized our ETL-Log for it on a jet visit last year), to a ULV store whose tiny backroom is a clusterf*ck.

But yeah, it really all depends on overall store size and the year your store was built. Same goes for your TSC and break room locations. I never realized some of the newer stores don't have the "front desk" TSCs like the older stores do.
Does the word "sorta" for the front desk for TSC sound about right? Lol BR on side. HBA Front "sideish" my store looks NOTHING like any of the maps they send out for signing directionals. So I close my eyes drop instructions see what page it lands on and go with it.
@masterofalltrades I'd be looking for dead or buried bodies ;)
:D

My store's backroom is on the side since it's in a narrow strip mall with a river about 50 feet behind the store.

We also have the wonderfully terrible 90 degree bend in our unload line. It's actually great for receiving because there's tons of open space, but terrible for unloading the gm trailer because all the boxes have to go around a corner.

Backroom in the back pfresh of the left side and a small backroom on the right side that use to be the electronics stock room. All the other stores in my district have two floor from their back room except the newest store it's back room makes an L around the sales floor it's huge something like 150 in light duty aisle plus bulk

At my store the "backroom" is on the side of the store. The back wall of the sales floor just has emergency exits that lead outside.
There's a store near me that has a backroom wrapping around 3 sides of the building.

something like 150 in light duty aisle
Holy shit, can I have some of their space?? We have less than 50...spread out over basically 4 stockrooms.

Last edited:
We have one long stockroom that spans the back of the store and a smaller auxiliary stockroom in the front. P09 P-Fresh in a plaza that was built in the 90s.

We have one entire side of the store that is backroom, bulk steel, HBA, Chem Sporting goods, Pfresh, freezers, coolers. Opposite side - softlines.

It just makes long hauls for stuff on the other side of the store, but on the flip side you can avoid just about all the guests if you are going from the back to front of the store.

At my store, the back room is on the left side, and pfresh and grocery are on the back wall.

At my store we have a stockroom on market side and across the store by toys. Also have 2 stockrooms across the back of the store.

Ours is on the side, and so is pfresh. It's about to get really small apparently to fit optical so it won't extend down the entire side anymore.

Ours is on the side. The store I support helped a while back had it on 3 sides. I hated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back