Archived Does attendance count for TL interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
Attendance is NOT an issue for me. However, several people in my store our applying for a TL position and they are known for calling out. I want to know is this considered even if your nailing your interview? One TM pretty much thinks he has the job but then called out yesterday.

I hear of plenty of potential leaders that are even on the bench but are not placed due to attendance issues. It will certainly stop an interview if that's the case. If you can't show up for your shifts as a TM, why would we want you to be a leader and not have you show up...you wouldn't last, your ETL/STL would rip you apart.

ASANTS, but at my store, existing TLs would raise a stink before any interview. Nobody wants a peer who can't show up for work.

It would be the pot calling the kettle black for my store. Plenty of tls and even srtls that are late or call out consistently.

But yes for us we'd stop you before the first interview for attendance problems.

ASANTS- However at my store its how well leadership likes you etc and or kissing the right hiney. I have seen tms become tls who call out and or are late all the time.

Yeah one of our team leads no joke is late 3 shifts a week. They don't do crap. He was an external hire though so it depends on your store.

I think of an attendance as a definite tie breaker but if they really want someone in the role there is a good chance they will overlook it.

Attendance is NOT an issue for me. However, several people in my store our applying for a TL position and they are known for calling out. I want to know is this considered even if your nailing your interview? One TM pretty much thinks he has the job but then called out yesterday.
My friend had to wait six months, because of his attendance and late issues.

There is a cashier I'm looking to cross train in Starbucks and her recent attendance is giving me second thoughts. I definitely wouldn't support a promotion to someone who can't show up for work. You could be the best team member in the world, but it doesn't matter if you aren't here.

I just had to tell a cashier that I wasn't going to cross train her at this time due to attendance. We will revisit in 4 months or so.

There is a cashier I'm looking to cross train in Starbucks and her recent attendance is giving me second thoughts. I definitely wouldn't support a promotion to someone who can't show up for work. You could be the best team member in the world, but it doesn't matter if you aren't here.
When I was up for a promotion at my other store, the 1st question from the STL was "How is your attendance?" ASANTS true, but from what I've seen, it truly mattered.

Did I mention this same TM told TL's and ETL's he was gonna fire certain TM's? o_O

Like I said in my original post my attendance is NOT a problem.

Would not fly at my store. Calling out as a TL in my store gets you the guilt trip of the century (unless you're one of the people that does lots of kissing up to the STL/ETL HR, then it's okay).

No, it doesn't count in my store. Our PA called out a lot but still became a TL early this year.

ASANTS- However at my store its how well leadership likes you etc and or kissing the right hiney. I have seen tms become tls who call out and or are late all the time.

thats bull. i hope they arent a key holder because then theyve made their whole team late. but even so, the first half of what you say IS true.

ASANTS, but at my store, existing TLs would raise a stink before any interview. Nobody wants a peer who can't show up for work.

that only works if the ETLs respect the current leaders. as if they dont, or are just disrespectful people themselves, they will do whatever they please.

1) If you haven't been approached by ANYONE on the ETL staff about applying for a TL position, it's beyond extremely likely that you will NOT be getting the position. It is part of their job to succession plan for when spots open up due to firing, transfers, quits, restructuring, etc... they let people know they want them.

2) Even if you haven't been approached, you should do it for the experience of the process and also because nothing is ever 100% so you never know...

^^^^ he's right you know.

No, it doesn't count in my store. Our PA called out a lot but still became a TL early this year.

in that case im going to say you may not have known why those call outs were. unless you know for sure they were just blowing off work. they could have been out for personal reasons. family grievances is something spot should keep quiet about.

in that case im going to say you may not have known why those call outs were. unless you know for sure they were just blowing off work. they could have been out for personal reasons. family grievances is something spot should keep quiet about.

No. He's the one who would say why. I'm not saying he'd called off just to blow off work. Just that he does call out a lot. He speaks out, for better or for worse, and that is what our STL likes. He'll let you try the position and if you pass, you pass. If you stinks, he'll either fire you or ask you to step down.

Did I mention this same TM told TL's and ETL's he was gonna fire certain TM's? o_O

Like I said in my original post my attendance is NOT a problem.
Lol. One of our TLs began threatening jobs and transfers, promising promotions and (high) pay raises her first day. I couldn't believe she got promoted, still can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back