Answered Does not having an interview with BOTH a TL and ETL in the same day mean I did not get the job?

OGP Girl

Walmart Digital Personal Shopper
(I apologize in advance for my anxiety, I just really really need something to pan out...)

Ok, so on r/Target I heard they do both interviews in the same day now.

I had a interview with a TL at the store that I really wanna get hired at (closest to my house) but they only did one interview with a TL and said I would be called or emailed after they interview other people.

The second store I interviewed with did both a TL and ETL interview...

The both applications on Workday say “In Progress”...

Like is it for sure I did not get the job at the first store? Or do they sometimes do interviews with the TL and then the ETL on different days?

Mainly its availability, personality,professionalism and such that wins the interview.

Its COVID times so its weird hours.
I have open availability.

IDK how I did in the interview bc it was for Style but I also talked about my HBA Walmart experience...I just mentally go over everything wrong (or that I think was wrong) in the interview...

And as much as I wanted to say my Walmart sucks I did not (I just said I needed part time due to school and that Walmart wanted me full time).

While it sounds like the first store is a rejection, the fact that you interviewed with both at the second store offers more hope.
First store, you may not have been what/who they were looking for.
Second store could be a different set of needs/circumstances.
Even if you get a rejection from the first store, I'd wait to hear from the second one & follow up if you don't.

While it sounds like the first store is a rejection, the fact that you interviewed with both at the second store offers more hope.
First store, you may not have been what/who they were looking for.
Second store could be a different set of needs/circumstances.
Even if you get a rejection from the first store, I'd wait to hear from the second one & follow up if you don't.
Well the second one does not have many hours so the ETL said it would be a “project” to see if they could get me more, they are slow due to COVID.

Very rarely I've seen an applicant get interviewed by both and not hire on the spot because of no hours. Have a hiring need but no hours to bring you in for orientation even for 3 hours. Then I have seen it where you do orientation but get no shifts. Depends on how the ETL worded everything

Lately I (TL) have been the 1st and only interview for candidates. Not sure if asants though.
Edit: we’ve hired the candidates that I move forward with.

I have open availability.

IDK how I did in the interview bc it was for Style but I also talked about my HBA Walmart experience...I just mentally go over everything wrong (or that I think was wrong) in the interview...

And as much as I wanted to say my Walmart sucks I did not (I just said I needed part time due to school and that Walmart wanted me full time).

That doesn't sound like truly open availability. You have school and only want part time hours. And if Walmart really liked you, they'd let you do part time. The interviewer was wise to these descrepencies.

That doesn't sound like truly open availability. You have school and only want part time hours. And if Walmart really liked you, they'd let you do part time. The interviewer was wise to these descrepencies.
All jobs at Target are part time tho lol.

But no, I must be lazy because I wanna go to school and get out of retail.

Also you seem to imply that I deserve the BS I get put though at Walmart. You don’t know what my store is like and I don’t know what your store is like.

Last edited:
But to anyone curious it does look like I an eventually getting my availability changes, they’re just starting later then they usually.

All jobs at Target are part time tho lol.

But no, I must be lazy because I wanna go to school and get out of retail.

Also you seem to imply that I deserve the BS I get put though at Walmart. You don’t know what my store is like and I don’t know what your store is like.

I'm just telling you what the interviewer might have been thinking. I'm not judging you.

Aren't all jobs at Walmart part time, too?

I'm just telling you what the interviewer might have been thinking. I'm not judging you.

Aren't all jobs at Walmart part time, too?
No. We have a fair amount of full time associates and our store is still understaffed.

If Walmart truly hated me then I would not be allowed overtime (which I can get when needed since OGP is allowed unlimited overtime).

Edit: ASANTS applied here as well tho. Also not all departments are the same.

My store only does one interview. I was offered a job at the end of my interview, but I don't know if procedures have changed in the last 2.5 years, or if there are times when they may need time to chat about candidates because they have more candidates than roles. I was hired for Q4, so it was "you have a pulse and can string 3 words together? You're hired!"

I only had one interview, too. With the HR ETL. And hired on the spot. Has OP heard back yet?
I heard back from the one closest to my house and did not get it...

The one farther away is “In Progress” even tho the ETL I talked to said their store moves fast so I don’t anticipate getting it.

Tons of my applications are still “In Progress” even tho I have not been contacted for interviews, I applied to EVERY non management job except cart pusher so they probably think I am nuts.

I don’t anticipate getting any of them tbh.

Last edited:
Back