Does this make sense????

There is no spiraling failure, simply a very tight budget.
We are litteraly having meetings talking about all the cancelled projects etc. due to stock/profit loss.

Sales are up on low profit categories. The things that actually bring Target money like home decor are way down.

Again, DCs always cut at the beggining of the year. The pressure continuing now is what is abnormal. You all know this not sure why I am trying to explain. I am pushing a narrative, stating the facts. Our high margin sales are way down, only low margin sales are strong. Discretional spending is even lower due to the "boycott" that is going on, and there is pressure on the stock due to investor fear.
Target will rebound from this zero problem, but the FACTS are that it is influencing the budget.
Strict budget was always going to be a focus this year. Last year was horrible.

Discretionary spending was down well before “the boycott”. Usually when you boycott something you boycott it completely, not just home decor. 🙄

Strict budget was always going to be a focus this year. Last year was horrible.

Discretionary spending was down well before “the boycott”. Usually when you boycott something you boycott it completely, not just home decor. 🙄

Gee I wonder why. I saw 10x ppl standing around as in the history of target. They even probably had 6-8 veteran packers act as trainers and just "observe" the new hires all day!

Things have changed a lot since then. Now they even make the backup leads and the wannabe backup leads work. Label control IMO still doesn't do much, though. i feel like they only need 1 most of the day and they often have 2-3 but whatever.

Gee I wonder why. I saw 10x ppl standing around as in the history of target. They even probably had 6-8 veteran packers act as trainers and just "observe" the new hires all day!

Things have changed a lot since then. Now they even make the backup leads and the wannabe backup leads work. Label control IMO still doesn't do much, though. i feel like they only need 1 most of the day and they often have 2-3 but whatever.
Let’s not forget the inventory issue they were plagued with.

Back