Archived Does this mean I'm fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked my schedule for the next 2 weeks at work, online (cuz I print it from there) and in Kronos (mobile app) The schedule at work is fine but 2 odd things show in the online and app schedule. Online, the last day I'm scheduled, the store number is in red (usually its black) In the app there is (x) after my last scheduled day. Its got me worried that I might be getting let go. I'm not seasonal and my TL is always praising my work so I may be worried for no reason but its still odd. Anyone else have this happen?

Just lower January hours. Ive been here for two years and my two weeks out is only 4.75 hours. Bad enough, its a cashier shift. I don't do cashier anymore and havent for months now. Merrrr.

I hope its something like that lol At my age, finding a job you like and can do well is not easy! heh

I'm also a seasonal and my last scheduled days have an X after them as well (mine is capital I believe). I'm pretty sure in my case it's because I'm scheduled in 2 work areas those days. (They told me that if I were kept on, they would crosstrain me in another area). I still haven't been told officially that I'm staying but I'm taking the fact that they appear to be cross training me as a good sign.

Hopefully that's the case with you as well. Good luck!!

To OP:
Don't worry about the (X), that shows up for me all the time, I have no idea what it is, but it definitely doesn't mean you're being let go.

Also, if you aren't seasonal, there's no way they would let you go without atleast sitting down with you.

Are you within your 90 days? Because if not, there is a long, long LONG road to firing you..

You should be okay. Just speak with HR about the red thing and the X, and ask what's up.

My mom is retired but doesn't make quite enough from social security, etc. so she does things like teaches exercise classes at the senior center. I would imagine a lot of part time older folks are in a similar situation and a few hours a week on a register at Target (particularly a lower-volume one) isn't super strenuous. And there are limits on how much you can make and still be eligible for benefits, so they probably don't need a ton of hours, anyway.

Reactions: Him
To OP:
Don't worry about the (X), that shows up for me all the time, I have no idea what it is, but it definitely doesn't mean you're being let go.

Also, if you aren't seasonal, there's no way they would let you go without atleast sitting down with you.

Are you within your 90 days? Because if not, there is a long, long LONG road to firing you..

You should be okay. Just speak with HR about the red thing and the X, and ask what's up.
The (x) just means a different workcenter than the one you are keyed in the database i.e normal you are a cashier but a shift as you in say hardlines that day

The red store number just means you're being scheduled in a workcenter outside of your normal one. If anything, I'd take that as a sign that you're being kept if they're training you in other areas.

My mom is retired but doesn't make quite enough from social security, etc. so she does things like teaches exercise classes at the senior center. I would imagine a lot of part time older folks are in a similar situation and a few hours a week on a register at Target (particularly a lower-volume one) isn't super strenuous. And there are limits on how much you can make and still be eligible for benefits, so they probably don't need a ton of hours, anyway.
This.
Quite a few seniors at my store work to supplement SS.
It's ideal because SS limits how much they can work before it reduces their benefits & most are already on medicare so they don't need to qualify for health ins.
Many tell me having even a part time job gives them a reason to get up every morning & a source of extra income to cover the spending gaps.

This.
It's ideal because SS limits how much they can work before it reduces their benefits & most are already on medicare so they don't need to qualify for health ins.
Many tell me having even a part time job gives them a reason to get up every morning & a source of extra income to cover the spending gaps.

Yeah we have an older cashier everyone loves. She's like the grandmother I never had. Baking me cookies and I call her to check on her the day after she calls out sick.

This.
If they are past their full retirement age (most people 65-66 depending on the year they were born) then they can work as much as they want without it affecting social security retirement benefits. Social security disability and ssi are different

We also have an older cashier, up there in her 80s. She has some health problems and almost always comes to work regardless ... so if she calls out, we're all worried. But she works 20-30 hours a week so I think she can't even rely on SS in her position.

If they are past their full retirement age (most people 65-66 depending on the year they were born) then they can work as much as they want without it affecting social security retirement benefits. Social security disability and ssi are different
Not quite. If they wait to start drawing retirement benefits until after the full age, then there's no work restriction. It's not just your current age.

Not quite. If they wait to start drawing retirement benefits until after the full age, then there's no work restriction. It's not just your current age.
Not correct. There’s a penalty for taking it early but that penalty is unrelated to current income.
I work with this stuff on a full time daily basis outside of spot.

Not correct. There’s a penalty for taking it early but that penalty is unrelated to current income.
I work with this stuff on a full time daily basis outside of spot.
They can be penalized for both or just one of the two (retiring early or working prior to full retirement age). The penalties can be mutually exclusive

Then perhaps I've been misinformed. I just know that my dad, who took his early, is limited, while my mom, who waited until full age, is not. And they are the same age, so they're both past full age.

I don't know the full rules either, just that my mom who took early retirement (thanks to being older than my deceased father's subsequent wives, so she was able to tap into his SS) and still needed some extra income, but couldn't have too much. She's past retirement age now, but I haven't asked if she has limits now on how much extra she can make.

I checked my schedule for the next 2 weeks at work, online (cuz I print it from there) and in Kronos (mobile app) The schedule at work is fine but 2 odd things show in the online and app schedule. Online, the last day I'm scheduled, the store number is in red (usually its black) In the app there is (x) after my last scheduled day. Its got me worried that I might be getting let go. I'm not seasonal and my TL is always praising my work so I may be worried for no reason but its still odd. Anyone else have this happen?

If your schedule in another work center you will have your store number in red and/or have a (x) next to your schedule. I know alot of stores haven't had their conversations with seasonal TMs yet. My store just started theirs yesterday as we still need bodies. If your seriously worried about losing your job talk to HR.

Then perhaps I've been misinformed. I just know that my dad, who took his early, is limited, while my mom, who waited until full age, is not. And they are the same age, so they're both past full age.
You've been misinformed for sure. Your dad is likely penalized for taking it early but once he is past his full retirement age (somewhere between 65 and 67 depending on year of birth) then he's not restricted work wise. His benefits will always be reduced because he took it early.

If you take it early and continue to work prior to full retirement age then you are limited in how much you can work before your benefit is reduced. But then starting the year you reach your full retirement age there is no work limitation. The penalty remains however

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back