Archived Does your APTM have any power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure ours is human but I've heard rumors about robotics. Should put a charger by the electronics boat.

Overly friendly. One asked permission to use the hand sanitizer. The whole thing was weird.

What are you, racist? Black and too polite?

Please
I don't think it's possible to be raised in our culture without being racist. Most of us aren't even aware of our privilege. So yes, I'm sure I am but I fight against it every day. How about you?

I heard from my GSA that there is some scam/fraud going on but i don't remember what it was too specifically.

I don't think it's possible to be raised in our culture without being racist. Most of us aren't even aware of our privilege. So yes, I'm sure I am but I fight against it every day. How about you?
Well I'm black so I wouldn't think of pointing out someone's race or the fact that said race was "too nice" implying that they shouldn't be nice.

Our district has a no same day different store return policy.

There is a loophole the POS misses. I forget what it is but that's probably where they are getting you
There is a loophole with same day returns and the person used a debit card...cash back. Our store allows same day returns and says to follow the prompts.

Well I'm black so I wouldn't think of pointing out someone's race or the fact that said race was "too nice" implying that they shouldn't be nice.
I don't think they were making the reference that they were black and too nice. More that they were young, black, and too nice with their interaction. I've had scammers who are white, young, and too nice when interacting with me. I am not being racist by saying their white.

I've had a couple of suspicious returns recently. The first was a very young (maybe teenage) woman with some friends that came in and returned an expensive baby monitor and 2 drones. They had a cash receipt from another store from earlier that same day. They bought 2 more drones. I had a really bad feeling about it. I opened everything and did the return and the sale.
The next day another very young woman came in with an expensive robot vacuum. Again it was a cash purchase from earlier the same day. This time the receipt was from our store.
All of the women were African American, young and way too polite.
Have any of you seen or heard anything like this?

That does sounds like something fishy is going on. I don't know what, maybe receipt shoppers? I would have made a note of the receipt and asked your AP to contact the other AP's store to look up the transactions.

Ap is a tough job. They have to follow protocols or they get investigated. They can't call emergency line inless guest are aggressive. He probably wanted you guys to guest service the guest so they would loot the shit so it would at least be a recovery.

Ap is a tough job. They have to follow protocols or they get investigated. They can't call emergency line inless guest are aggressive. He probably wanted you guys to guest service the guest so they would loot the shit so it would at least be a recovery.

Yeah my old stores was being investigated because a guest he was following accused him of being racist.

Target AP sucks

It's telling to me a lot of ETLs in my district are former aps who got out of ap

I've had a couple of suspicious returns recently. The first was a very young (maybe teenage) woman with some friends that came in and returned an expensive baby monitor and 2 drones. They had a cash receipt from another store from earlier that same day. They bought 2 more drones. I had a really bad feeling about it. I opened everything and did the return and the sale.
The next day another very young woman came in with an expensive robot vacuum. Again it was a cash purchase from earlier the same day. This time the receipt was from our store.
All of the women were African American, young and way too polite.
Have any of you seen or heard anything like this?
You most likely got scammed. Same day returns at different stores can fool the POS systems. If your store is smart they would deny those type of returns.

In your instance I would be willing to bet that they stole two of those drones and the baby monitor at some time. They then made purchase of those exact items using cash. Next they use that receipt at two different stores the same day. One store they return the stolen items, the other store they return the purchased items. They essentially double their money doing this.

I would ask around other stores in the area and have them check their counts on those items. They are most likely off.

And saying they were black does come across as racist, whether you really meant it or not. Best to leave details like that out of your story.

You most likely got scammed. Same day returns at different stores can fool the POS systems. If your store is smart they would deny those type of returns.

In your instance I would be willing to bet that they stole two of those drones and the baby monitor at some time. They then made purchase of those exact items using cash. Next they use that receipt at two different stores the same day. One store they return the stolen items, the other store they return the purchased items. They essentially double their money doing this.

I would ask around other stores in the area and have them check their counts on those items. They are most likely off.

And saying they were black does come across as racist, whether you really meant it or not. Best to leave details like that out of your story.
I've had returns like this happen and usually the POS will have a prompt where the GSTL needs to override....which would not happen. Won't the system flag that the items have already been returned? If not, why isn't that being fixed in the system?

Okay, I'm sorry. How about, they were all the same race and age. They were overly friendly/polite. I try to be careful not to let my privilege inform my speech and actions. I'm truly sorry.

Okay, I'm sorry. How about, they were all the same race and age. They were overly friendly/polite. I try to be careful not to let my privilege inform my speech and actions. I'm truly sorry.

It's all good, I appreciate your humility and willingness to have a discussion about it. You aren't a bad person by any means. We all have prejudices

I found out tonight that they were using the same receipt. There was another same day cash payment return with the same vacuum. The drone, baby monitor and vacuum returns were related. Our store used to let us deny same day returns from different stores but not anymore. I don't know what I could have done differently. I hope eventually we will have more discretion when it comes to returns and coupons. Working AP must be incredibly frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back