Archived Does your store have meetings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my prior retail experiences my stores always had either weekly or monthly meetings. This was used to introduce new things/training to all staff. It was important everyone was on the same page.
At Target it seems like everyday I'm learning something new because I was never told about it. I might go an entire week working in another department. When I get back everything has changed.....
Then I'm looked down upon because I didn't do something I was never told I needed to do. I feel like a weekly/monthly meeting would be helpful. Heck an email chain, texting group, things typed on a piece of paper.....
How do you guys communicate with each other?

In my prior retail experiences my stores always had either weekly or monthly meetings. This was used to introduce new things/training to all staff. It was important everyone was on the same page.
At Target it seems like everyday I'm learning something new because I was never told about it. I might go an entire week working in another department. When I get back everything has changed.....
Then I'm looked down upon because I didn't do something I was never told I needed to do. I feel like a weekly/monthly meeting would be helpful. Heck an email chain, texting group, things typed on a piece of paper.....
How do you guys communicate with each other?

We have meetings called "huddles" it can be every day, once a week or monthly. Usually you help work freight in other work centers struggling. Their should be an informational part and recognition

We have a Facebook group chat an ex TM made that has a lot of sales floor team members in it. I think it’s like 40 past and current members. No leads, TMs kicked out any leads as soon as they were promoted. I’m in a group chat with a few SL girls but it’s just a personal one. I have leads and TMs on social medias and their phone numbers but just because some of them have known me for so long. My leads mostly just text me VMG/work information. Other than all that, at the store we sometimes get printed our leader emails at the fitting room and have SL huddles pretty much every day.

We have meetings called "huddles" it can be every day, once a week or monthly. Usually you help work freight in other work centers struggling. Their should be an informational part and recognition
I've been with Target almost 5 years and have been to one huddle.

We just started doing cashier huddles again. They'd been a thing when I first started. The problem is that they don't think to call up any cashier that's out doing reshop, so I often miss them.

We just started doing cashier huddles again. They'd been a thing when I first started. The problem is that they don't think to call up any cashier that's out doing reshop, so I often miss them.
I think cashier huddles are a great idea, I wish more stores did them. There’s always something to gain by communicating things as a team

Our last STL would waste our time with 200 huddles a week but they weren't informational, just for recognition (you know, the pointless kind that doesn't include cash). ETL-Log keeps flow awared to any changes specific to flow but store wide communication is nil. The Minecraft event today was one example, I knew about it ahead of time because I read TBR everyday to get woke, but the electronics TMs didn't find out until they clocked in this morning, RIP. I know if I worked mainly electronics I would be asking for a Target email so they could @ me with that sort of important info. Oh well, I just work here.

Our last STL would waste our time with 200 huddles a week but they weren't informational, just for recognition (you know, the pointless kind that doesn't include cash). ETL-Log keeps flow awared to any changes specific to flow but store wide communication is nil. The Minecraft event today was one example, I knew about it ahead of time because I read TBR everyday to get woke, but the electronics TMs didn't find out until they clocked in this morning, RIP. I know if I worked mainly electronics I would be asking for a Target email so they could @ me with that sort of important info. Oh well, I just work here.
I have a target email and still don’t get @ed with important info

My store hasn’t had a huddle since May or so. They come to the decision that it wasn’t productive. Team leads and Etls have at least 1-3 meetings a week.

At my store, only the salesfloor ETLs get to do huddles for their teams. For the most part it's a quick assignment check for the day. The softlines ETL is the only person I see using these huddles for information purposes (e.g. new launched, announcements from the STL, etc.) I've been told by my STL multiple times that I'm not allowed to do huddles at the front. He wants me to either stand by the time clock and talk to people as they come in, or have my GSTLs talk to them when they check in for their lane assignment. -___- Even when I try to hold huddles while he's out of the store, someone will inevitably complain because salesfloor doesn't want to cashier.

lol I remember this one huddle we had under our last STL, he literally called the entire store to attend except for the cashiers, and announced "Hey team just wanted to recognize ALL OF YOU for saving us a lot of payroll this week! We've got SO much extra that we'll be giving out extra shifts tomorrow [Saturday] if anybody wants to work!" We all looked at each other like, "WTF" because, ya know, we don't really have any say in how payroll is spent. I went ahead and picked up a shift for the next day, but as soon as I got there in the morning the ETLs were waiting by the front door to shoo everyone back home because as it turned out, we were actually overspent on payroll that week, but the time clock hadn't been storing punches correctly. In the hole by ~125 hours or some shit. Anyways I don't miss that annoying fuckboy dumbass one bit.

We used to have daily huddles at 8am, but we haven't had one in a long time. Not since they called us all together to tell us about the new starting wage, afaik. My team will have brief huddles if the leads need to tell us something as a team, but other than that... *gestures*

My store has at least weekly huddles but of course front end isn’t included. I just hear them harass everyone over the walkie about it for like an hour leading up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back