Archived Does your store let you take keys out the building?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything that would make the keys not sound the alarm when you go out? Out BR keys also has the whiteish tag thing but I've noticed that it doesn't trip the alarm anymore. Neither do the electronic keys, not even the alarm at TSC. I figured it must have something to do when metal in out pockets but even when it's clipped on my pants it doesn't sound the alarm

Key security is super lax at my store it seems. Only seen a set go missing once, and that was the Food Ave keys, but I regularly find keys sitting near the keybox at guest service and pick them up. Hardly anyone ever uses the log to sign them in and out. No one seems to care other than the GSTL/GSA's, and then they primarily only care about the GSTL 1/2 keys and not the other keys from the keybox.

@retailgirl. We don't have an unmanned cash drawer anymore. And the magnetic key was taken off those key rings a few years ago.
Our etl-ge is known as give it away Sam - and that's a name given to him by the guests..

Last edited:
I think those alarms reactivate and deactivate the tags all of the time. I noticed a trend that if I set it off going out it wouldnt set it off coming back in. If I put the keys over my head going out and it didnt go off that it would go off coming back in.

My store will just leave keys (usually baler, but some electronics keys) on the key log binder at guest service. I always put keys on top of the key box out of sight for the guest and in view of a camera to cover my butt. My gstls can't seem to be bothered to put the keys back in the box. Granted, the etl-ap knows this, but can't do much to crack down because our stl isn't too concerned.

on breaks/meals it is alright but I would not suggest leaving Target property with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back