Archived Does your Target make the closing salesfloor team push? because mine does!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first topic! I just found this site and found it very interesting, it gives us ideas of how other Target operate, but i have a question

I've been working at my nearby Target for about 2 and a half years now, and ever since I was there they have been making us do the push. Which is very irritating since the morning team members slack off wayyy more than they should, so the closing team members get about 2 tubs of push before they start their zone. As far as I know we are the only target in my district that does that, and the ETL know that. I asked the HR person and she said that it was because we make a lot more money daily than every other store in our district. Which just doesn't seem very fair to me. Is this a common occurrence?

edit: Also i asked another lod once, and he mentioned that it was because we were an experimental Target that corporate uses to see if some things work or not; which doesn't really work with what the HR said. Also a few months before i got there, closing team members did not have to do push at all. They just zoned, and did their reshop

Last edited:
Depends on how many vehicles is on the line from earlier ...but not really.

It's like every single day for us, specially now (the time of year)we sometimes have to do 3 before we start zoning. It's not that obnoxious when its 1 really easy one, but when its 2-3 huge ones and they expect us to detail zone our aisles its really nerve wrecking

It's called part of being a team.
With the way hours have been slashed it may be difficult for flow to finish every day so the teams have to step up.
At our store even the ETLs push.

We do it every day. Some days when I closed, I am only one outside of pfresh & electronics, pushing tubs for all hl for 2 hours. Then, you had add reshop, going for backup, & getting carts. I do the best I can.

Yeah, our closing sales floor team pushes what's left after CAFs are done. Not usually all the closers, maybe just one or two plus the LOD. It hugely depends on our morning and midshift sales floor team, along with how much research I throw on the line if I'm the BR opener. Sometimes the closing team has no choice but to leave 6+ vehicles on the line for flow in the morning.

We had 4s 5s and 7s, so yeah closers had a lotta pulls still.

We leave the 3 tier grocery pulls by the back door until we get a chance to push them.....sometimes they make the closers help us out.....the sad part is we get more help when we don't ask for it than the days we tell them that we need it.....

Of course. I've been at my store for like 100 years and the closers have always pushed. We have pulls until seven, someone has to push them.

This is very interesting, it seems you guys do not get as much push as we do. Could it be the mid day just being lazy or my Target just having a huge amount of push?

Yeah, our closing sales floor team pushes what's left after CAFs are done. Not usually all the closers, maybe just one or two plus the LOD. It hugely depends on our morning and midshift sales floor team, along with how much research I throw on the line if I'm the BR opener. Sometimes the closing team has no choice but to leave 6+ vehicles on the line for flow in the morning.

At my Target we have the entire salesfloor team push after the huddle, not just 1 or 2 people. (In my 2 years there i have seen an LOD push like twice lmao) We each grab 2 tubs and push it. Might be our lazy mid day team.

Also everynight we have at least 12 tubs usually more to push. It gets in the way of zoning a lot.

Of course they push what's on the line. If you're early, mid, or closer you are pushing.

I don't even think you read the first post at all....

With the way hours have been slashed it may be difficult for flow to finish every day so the teams have to step up.

awesome reasoning friend! Except it only gets worse as the time goes by. We only do 2 push parties now, around Christmas we usually had to do 3 and we even had to leave some (even with the seasonals help) this is def not about hours being slashed since it happens year around

we always have to do other departments work, its part of being a team.

im a backroom team member, and i ALWAYS have to push CAFs when needed, and when i go in at 4am, we sometimes have to help the flow team finish the push before the store opens, its not our job to do that yea but we have to do whats necessary to help the store out...plano team also helps the flow team out that way when needed.

the other day TPS helped us out with re merchandising our electronics stockroom, thats not there job but they helped us out ALOT.

just be part of the team, dont stress and be angry over it

Of course they push what's on the line. If you're early, mid, or closer you are pushing.

I don't even think you read the first post at all....

awesome reasoning friend! Except it only gets worse as the time goes by. We only do 2 push parties now, around Christmas we usually had to do 3 and we even had to leave some (even with the seasonals help) this is def not about hours being slashed since it happens year around

you asked if other stores closing team had to push. I said yes, we do. What part of that confuses you?

Everyone pushes -- period. No replenishment on floor translates to lost potential sales.

If you're pfresh, just ABC along w pushes. Always Be Culling.

At my store, the entire closing team pushes pulls after the zone is done, if there are any pulls left. Sometimes two or three of us are pulled off the floor to push pulls, but that's relatively rare. Our backroom does most of the pushing.

(In my 2 years there i have seen an LOD push like twice lmao)

My store is really lucky that way, then. Our ETLs and TLs push more than anyone else because it seems like we are ALWAYS short on salesfloor TMs.

Once in a blue moon I will help push, but honestly there is always more important stuff for me to do in the BR... I can't remember the last time we were clean back there =(

I actually thought this was a joke thread when I first read it.... EVERY team has to push at our store. Even the cashiers push SeeSpotSave and adjacent softlines. I've seen our FST work pulls. After guest satisfaction filling the floor is the top priority and if the floor isn't filled there won't BE guest satisfaction.

You could work at my store. For the 5 years I've been there, salesfloor only zones and reshops. All day. Morning, mid, and closing. That's it. The push is 100% up to the backroom. There's 5-7 of us throughout the day, but only 3-4 at any given time. The 3-4 of us in the back are responsible for the 15-20+ vehicles of push each day that the CAFs generate. (I'm sorry, but it never makes sense to have 3-4 people do in 3-4 hours at closing what only takes 15-20 closers a ½ hour to do in the early evening...).

This is aside from pulling and staging research, plano, PTMs, sales planners, endcaps, MIRs, EXFs, and price change.

And aside from all the backstock being generated from said plano, POGs, EXFs, reshops, and zoning. And having to SUBT-9999 it so we don't waste time repulling it 8 more times.

And aside from doing all the cardboard (plano, new endcaps, f***ing C&S, plus misc stuff).

And aside from the daily backroom quantity audit (60 locations everyday...).

And aside from the Item Merge.

This is to say nothing of doing LOCU updates on red aisles, Empty Location Reports, aisle maintenance such as fixing broken/missing shelf labels and replacing damaged wacos, pulling unproductive inventory such as discontinued items, and general backroom zoning. None of that gets done. EVER. Well, except right before a visit.

Also to say nothing of Manual CAFs, which also don't get done. Which is supposed to be our #1 priority during the day, according to the overnight ETLs.

If only we could share store numbers and you were nearby, you come here dude. Salesfloor has it made.

Last edited:
At my store Sales Floor really never had that much to push, except during peak seasonal periods... For the most part their pulls are pretty small. Now the Dry Grocery pulls that hardlines works on are generally pretty massive....

Closing Sales Floor at my store = Zoning zombies zzzzz
Closing Hardlines = omgggggggggggg the pulls are rolling into the next hour!!! halp!

Not even gonna get started on when they'd Manual CAF...

You could work at my store. For the 5 years I've been there, salesfloor only zones and reshops. All day. Morning, mid, and closing. That's it. The push is 100% up to the backroom. There's 5-7 of us throughout the day, but only 3-4 at any given time. The 3-4 of us in the back are responsible for the 15-20+ vehicles of push each day that the CAFs generate. (I'm sorry, but it never makes sense to have 3-4 people do in 3-4 hours at closing what only takes 15-20 closers a ½ hour to do in the early evening...).

This is aside from pulling and staging research, plano, PTMs, sales planners, endcaps, MIRs, EXFs, and price change.

And aside from all the backstock being generated from said plano, POGs, EXFs, reshops, and zoning. And having to SUBT-9999 it so we don't waste time repulling it 8 more times.

And aside from doing all the cardboard (plano, new endcaps, f***ing C&S, plus misc stuff).

And aside from the daily backroom quantity audit (60 locations everyday...).

And aside from the Item Merge.

This is to say nothing of doing LOCU updates on red aisles, Empty Location Reports, aisle maintenance such as fixing broken/missing shelf labels and replacing damaged wacos, pulling unproductive inventory such as discontinued items, and general backroom zoning. None of that gets done. EVER. Well, except right before a visit.

Also to say nothing of Manual CAFs, which also don't get done. Which is supposed to be our #1 priority during the day, according to the overnight ETLs.

If only we could share store numbers and you were nearby, you come here dude. Salesfloor has it made.

HOLY CRAP. Your Salesfloor has it easy as hell. My Salesfloor has to Do CAFS, do their own Cardboard, do reshop, do the zone, backup electronics, backup cashier, grab carts, answer call buttons, sometimes help with finishing ad on sunday when they come in, help with truck sometimes, and push mcclane candy

the closing team at our store just does zone and reshop .. but have to leave on time , in the morning we have to do the reshop from the night before , any clearance , ptm push and as of lately finish pushing the truck because they are having to leave on time now and are never finished .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back