Archived Doing the right thing or mind my own business

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a person in my store that just became etl.Well he has had an ongoing thing with a team member that he was in charge of as a srtl.No actual evidence but I have seen and heard enough to know . Apparently it has even happened in an office at the store.Normally I mind my own business but he has a woman and kids at home.Been through that same thing and it makes me sick.

I totally understand what you mean but I think you should mind your own business. without evidence and if this person is an ETL they could make things miserable for you. I really do not think there is much you can do.

So all you have is gossip? Stay out of it...all it will do is make you look bad.

This. If gossip was true, than I have had an affair with half of the ETL staff, 2 TLs, and about a dozen sales floor TMs over the course of 8 years. Apparently, it's impossible for a male and female to take lunch/breaks together without people assuming something is going on.

So all you have is gossip? Stay out of it...all it will do is make you look bad.

This. If gossip was true, than I have had an affair with half of the ETL staff, 2 TLs, and about a dozen sales floor TMs over the course of 8 years. Apparently, it's impossible for a male and female to take lunch/breaks together without people assuming something is going on.

Hott!

Yeah.. if it doesn't involve you or affect you directly at work, bringing it up to HR/STL would just make things worse for you.

Its more than gossip.Seen them out together. Also seen his car at her place . Doesn't help that think he is a douche.

Its more than gossip.Seen them out together. Also seen his car at her place .
Are you stalking them or something? Are you driving by her home to see who comes and goes? Seeing people out together or even at the other person's home means nothing. It means they are friends outside of work as well.

Doesn't help that think he is a douche.
He may be Douche Mcfratbro but that doesn't mean he's screwing around.

Let's say that they are seeing each other. Are they openly displaying it? Are they arguing over personal crap at work or showing PDA? Are they making decisions that are better for each other rather than the store? If the answer is no to all of these, it's literally no one's business there. I don't care if he's married with kids. It may be wrong, but it's still no one's business at the store.

I know it feels like the guy is getting away with something.
You are also probably a little surprised that not one person has said it was a good idea to turn him in.
I have to say that in the long run it will catch up with them in one way or another.
Work relationships like that rarely end well.
You're being in the middle of it, as was pointed out would just make your life suck.
So there's that.
Anyway, what's it really about?
People getting laid, someone maybe using their authority in a way they shouldn't?
Compared to the hardships suffered by the average Target TM that's pretty small change.

so many people have affairs i can name 3 off the top of my head etl's with tm's etc. just does no good to get involved. in my experience even if HR knows its going on they dont do anything about it. Just have to try and reconcile it with yourself and try to not let it get to you

lol don't be a snitch. once a snitch always a snitch. i hate fake people.
xm7bte.jpg

Why do you care? And so what? People are evil. Deal with it.

Seriously, unless it's directly affecting you, stay out of that crap. Even if it's your best friend being cheated on, unless you have hard evidence it is absolutely catastrophic to even mention it.

I've dealt with something similar where I walked into an ETL and TM going at it with the TM being the cheater.

Personally, I would've had no issues talking to the TM's SO, not just as an issue for morality but because of the risk of possible STD's and the SO being unknowingly at-risk.

But, with no way to contact them, I instead had a long chat with the TM. Did it end things? Probably not, but they knocked off the off-stage canoodling.

As for the snitch-line, I disagree, but that's just me.

As for the issue at hand, you're making a conclusion that, though likely, you have no evidence of.

Taking the responsibility of exposing someone's marital infidelity is a a huge risk. You'll lose the respect and friendship of the people involved and the childish "snitches/stitches" posse that may exist at work. Taking such a risk when you have no proof, and bringing the attention of it to someone other than the SO when it's not impacting the business? Comes off more as a pot-shot than it does being moral.

Chances are the STL and ETL-HR knew before this person ever got promoted. If it wasnt a big enough issue before they decided to promote them it probably is not now.

lol don't be a snitch. once a snitch always a snitch. i hate fake people.

Ugh.
My wife taught in an urban school where this kind of ignorance was the rule.
Just because this case doesn't call for speaking up doesn't mean that there there won't be other times when you should.
People must use their common sense and personal judgment based on on a code of polite society.
If he's cheating on your friend, tell your friend not the company.
otherwise it's not your problem.

Seriously, unless it's directly affecting you, stay out of that crap. Even if it's your best friend being cheated on, unless you have hard evidence it is absolutely catastrophic to even mention it.
Really glad you are not my best friend.

Really glad you aren't either. Because nothing sours a relationship fast like gossip and rumors.

So.... what do you do when you ..... and 7 other people have hard evidence and the leader is screwing two tm? ..... and disgustingly has involved their children as in they come along and wait for this leader to do their nastiness in the store while they wait AND they know what their parent is doing?

So.... what do you do when you ..... and 7 other people have hard evidence and the leader is screwing two tm? ..... and disgustingly has involved their children as in they come along and wait for this leader to do their nastiness in the store while they wait AND they know what their parent is doing?

Call Child Services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back