Archived Dress Code Hypocrisy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always found it bizarre after working at Target 4 separate times over 4 different stores in 2 different states, that the dress code is still very odd. Pants are the only clothing allowed for men, except for cart attendants. However full sleeve tattoos and visible piercings are okay? Do shorts offend customers more than tattoos and piercings? It’s a concern to me only because our store is kept at a balmy 74 ALL DAY!!!

Our store is the same! The other night when I was walking the store, the heat was on! It was 65 degrees out! It gets so hot in spring/summer/fall that all team members are covered in sweat. Guests complain too but supposedly there's no way to adjust it!

Yes, the dress code is odd and not enforced universally. Certain stores take it on them selves to be a little overboard or very care free.

Just to address the heat/cool issues, store’s ac and heat are all at a set temp. Once in a while something goes wrong. If it’s not normal contact your PML or have a TL contact them about it. HQ having your store temped wrong is even a possibility.

Our store is the same! The other night when I was walking the store, the heat was on! It was 65 degrees out! It gets so hot in spring/summer/fall that all team members are covered in sweat. Guests complain too but supposedly there's no way to adjust it!
I’ve brought in several digital thermometers and placed them in different areas of the store. Temps ranged from 72-78, and with lights on and wearing long pants and a vest, it feels horribly uncomfortable. If all HVAC systems were shut off it would have to get very cold outside for temps to drop below 65.

Just to follow up on that...
I have seen the flow team come in at 4am during the winter and spring, and they are covered in sweat by the time the truck is done. Meanwhile it is 45 outside!!!

Well most of not all Tarshits all about hypocrisy and lies. That’s what happens when you at this company.

I feel like saying shorts are allowed would open the door for people to stretch the rules and show up in something super work inappropriate. Just like when jeans were a specific day or weekend and people showed up in skin tight ripped up jeans.

We’re also not supposed to have rips in our jeans but I wear mine anyway and nothing’s ever been said 🤷🏼‍♂️

At my store, the biggest problem comes from people who broadly interpret the color red. Any shade of red is acceptable, but we have people who wear the New at Target or brand launch shirts that are not red at times when they are not permitted, and/or worn shirts with non-Target logos. Only now is the SD trying to return to the dress code, but it has been going on long enough that I think that genie is out of the bottle.

It's not like Target is out of the norm for dress code. Plenty of places don't make you cover up tattoos but don't allow shorts.

OP, if you are a guy then wear a utilikilt. If not that brave, get pants made of very thin cotton.

But lacerations on the hands and arms are grand?

You are more likely to hook your shirt on something and hurt yourself that way than you are to cut your arm open needing stitches.

I paid attention in my management classes. There was a whole course about safety. It was interesting.

If your female you could wear a long calf length skirt or skirt with leggings, but I find that since leggings are clingy they get warmer than pants & if warmth is the issue a long khaki skirt will be just as warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back