Archived Dress code observance

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's such a shame that the HUGE majority of employees make under 40k and would therefore HUGELY benefit from UNIONIZATION!
I think you could claim the "diversity" argument with this. After all, they do jam it down your throat, along with the anti-union stance, at orientation.

Try Goodwill or your local thrift store. You may find some heavy duty stuff there. Or you may not, but you won't pay an arm and a leg for it, either.
I went thrift store shopping for red and khaki and had a very hard time finding anything :( (I was pretty picky - only looking for polo-type shirts and I couldn't for the life of me find any khakis! :(

Ugh. Our Goodwill has tons, but it's pretty urban and within 2 miles of two Targets, which probably helps.

Is it an undue burden for men to tuck their shirts in and not require it of women? I always tuck my polos in and leave my t-shirts untucked and no one says anything, but I heard the flow trainer tell this to a new hire.

Is it an undue burden for men to tuck their shirts in and not require it of women? I always tuck my polos in and leave my t-shirts untucked and no one says anything, but I heard the flow trainer tell this to a new hire.

There is no where in the TM handbook where it talks about dress code that says shirts are required to be tucked in.

I've wondered that myself!

I find my stuff at JcPenney (as do a lot of the other TM's)...cheaper and better quality than the Merona that I got a few months ago and it's ready to be trashed. My last batch of shirts/pants cost me $30 for 2 shirts and 3 pants.

There is no where in the TM handbook where it talks about dress code that says shirts are required to be tucked in.

Is there an official dress code rule change with in the past year stating that men must have their shirts tucked in at all times? I ask because a backroom team member told me the other day he got written up for having his shirt untucked.

It's probably a store rule. I haven't heard of any change, but some STLs and DTLs like to make their own rules.

Each store has their own sets of rules but when they conflict with the handbook, which one should be followed?

Each store has their own sets of rules but when they conflict with the handbook, which one should be followed?
*disclaimer- just my opinion**

I would say that the handbook prevails. If your store has an issues with the way you dress, but you're complaining to company policy, make reference to the handbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back