Archived Dress code observance

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds a lot like the first store where I worked; they frowned on any shirt without a collar! I was shocked when I transferred to the store I'm at now; basically anything goes here.

My take, if the Target Team Store sells Brand t-shirts, then you can wear them while on the clock, on the floor. Hey, if the STL and/or ETLs want to buy me clothes with their money, I'll be happy to wear it. If they don't want to, then it's presentable shirts from local thrift stores.

Challenge them I say! Come into work one day in this:
Tactical_Kilt.jpg

I'd be okay with this. There is just something about a guy in a kilt .....:flirt:

Khaki slacks for flow is just plain stupid, period. By the end of the day they are filthy which looks far worse than a pair of black pants. Our STL said our shirts needed to be tucked in. The flow team all challenged him to throw the truck and work the line all the while keeping the shirt tucked in. Needless to say that is no longer the rule. Flow is a dirty job, black pants would be the smart thing. Oh well I guess that says it all!

Khaki slacks for flow is just plain stupid, period. By the end of the day they are filthy which looks far worse than a pair of black pants. Our STL said our shirts needed to be tucked in. The flow team all challenged him to throw the truck and work the line all the while keeping the shirt tucked in. Needless to say that is no longer the rule. Flow is a dirty job, black pants would be the smart thing. Oh well I guess that says it all!

Dirty, Hot, and allot of wear and tear on clothing. Its not like we get enough money to buy our own work clothes every other week or so. Ill stick with my Red tshirts and khaki jeans thank you. THey starting clamping down on that I'm done with Target, not much keeping me here as it is anyways.

No capris or skirts for women at my store. I even had the pharmacist "scold" me one day when I rolled my pants up because I was dying from the space heaters turned up to 82 on either side of me!!! I had to promise to unroll them before I left the pharmacy

No capris or skirts for women at my store. I even had the pharmacist "scold" me one day when I rolled my pants up because I was dying from the space heaters turned up to 82 on either side of me!!! I had to promise to unroll them before I left the pharmacy

What are you having space heaters for? Pharmacy has it's own dedicated HVAC unit to maintain temps, and even then you are suppose to be one of the cooler maintained areas due to the medications you have that are susceptible to heat.

What kind of tyrannical store do you work at? This is Target. The handbook permits skirts and capris. As for the pants-rolling, perhaps the ETLs, STL, and TLs need to get out of their posh TSC / office areas, do some work, and sweat.

They recently put an official poster up in clerical/the TM area that shows and spells out exactly what is permitted. Interestingly, it said you can wear any color shirt that you want as long as you wear a red vest over it. I skimmed it though, so I could be wrong. I'll have to read it again when I get back in on Monday.

I need to find something durable, roomy, and comfortable that can stand up to the rigors of the backroom. I had some cheap stuff from Sears when I first started that didn't last long. Then I had some carpenter style pants from Wrangler or whoever it is that sells them in our store, and they were neat but didn't last too long. Then I picked up a couple of pairs of Legendary Gold khakis and while they've lasted close to two years, we don't seem to sell them anymore. It's a shame, because they fit the bill, for the most part. Cheap, but roomy, comfy, and durable. The woman got me a pair of Merona classic fit khakis, but I don't like them very much. Although they're tight, buying a larger size can fix that, so my biggest beef is purely how....weird...they feel. I don't know what it is. Not quite plastic, but they don't quite feel like real fabric either. They don't look it, but they feel like...a canvas bag or something. I don't like it. And ironically enough, everything I've ever had that was supposed to be wrinkle resistant (biggest examples being these merona pants, plus the fieldcrest sheets/pillow cases I have), I've found to actually be exponentially more wrinkly than non-wrinkle resistant stuff. So I'm not quite sure what the phrase refers to.

Anyway, the search continues.

Female members of some conservative religious groups must wear skirts. Two cashiers in my store always wear calf or ankle length skirts for this reason. How would your store handle this?

A few years ago on Halloween a tm thought he would be funny and came in red and Khaki, only it was red pants and khaki shirt. We all thought it was a hoot and even the STL got a laugh out of it and then told him to go change. He had to go home to change though because he hadn't brought extra stuff. I think the guests would have gotten a kick out of it.

Female members of some conservative religious groups must wear skirts. Two cashiers in my store always wear calf or ankle length skirts for this reason. How would your store handle this?
One of our cashiers wears a hajib (Islamic head scarf) & has several styles in red/white/black/khaki.
She wears pants but must keep her arms covered so she wears long-sleeve tissue tees, usually white under a red shirt.

What are you having space heaters for? Pharmacy has it's own dedicated HVAC unit to maintain temps, and even then you are suppose to be one of the cooler maintained areas due to the medications you have that are susceptible to heat.
That pharmacy maybe located next to pfresh. It does get cold in there.

We have yet another day of temps in the triple digits. I am so not looking forward to putting on long pants and going to work. The handbook I was given said capris are okay, but I wasn't really sure because I hadn't seen anyone but the CA wear them. I was so excited when I saw a longtime TM wear them the other day. But then she told me that they weren't sure if those would be okay (they were last summer) and they would get back to her. They never did.

So the long pants I will put on and remind myself that it could be worse.....

have you worked in the pharmacy during the warmer months? It's hot back there.

Anyone have recommendations for good quality pants? I've got two pairs of Merona, but they're starting to wear out. Also, what about shirts? I'm thinking about a button-up shirt, but is that too much for just being a SFTM?

Monero red polo shirts & lee relaxed, wrinkled/water resistant free pants, are what I wear. Spot shirts don't last that long.

With all of the team members that Target has you would think they would carry more red shirts and a wider selection of khakis. I know you can order some shirts online but to have a choice to buy in store would be nice. The Cherokee denims we used to carry in khaki wore like iron and were comfortable. Long ago we used to have one 40% off red and khaki day a month. Considering how fast you go through clothes in this business it would be great to be able to replenish your work clothes at a good discount.

Whenever any red/khaki clothing goes clearance, it's wiped out quick at our store.
I like the Merona (Monero? lol) slacks but haven't found tops that fit good since Cherokee was dropped.

Try Goodwill or your local thrift store. You may find some heavy duty stuff there. Or you may not, but you won't pay an arm and a leg for it, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back