Archived Dress Code strictness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just my store, or do people always get away with seriously stretching the definition of "red shirt." I'd say nearly half of the people I see at work (sales floor and cashiers) are wearing straight-up purple shirts that I guess they pass off as "maroon." Even my team leads do this. One girl showed up to work in a plaid shirt where 50% of the shirt was fucking blue (red was the secondary color in the plaid). I know I shouldn't really care what my coworkers wear, but is it really that hard?
Am I being salty without proper cause?

Well you may be being salty in some views but from a guest view its not something that should be allowed. My manager at my second job flat out told me she didnt know who was an employee and who was a guest at my store with the crap people wear. She also used to work at spot as an lod.

I know I shouldn't really care what my coworkers wear, but is it really that hard? Am I being salty without proper cause?

I understand your frustration. I was pretty laxed about it though because Target doesn't pay for TMs' uniforms. If it ever got too ridiculous, then I would offer people a red vest or something. The most important thing is the Target name badge. That is the biggest difference between a red-and-khaki-wearing guest or a TM.

I understand your frustration. I was pretty laxed about it though because Target doesn't pay for TMs' uniforms. If it ever got too ridiculous, then I would offer people a red vest or something. The most important thing is the Target name badge. That is the biggest difference between a red-and-khaki-wearing guest or a TM.

Funny thing, during my orientation, our ETL-HR was playing the video and, after the bullet of saying Target would provide a Red vest, she paused the video and said, "Disregard that one. I don't have any vests, so.. PLEASE wear your red."

Funny thing, during my orientation, our ETL-HR was playing the video and, after the bullet of saying Target would provide a Red vest, she paused the video and said, "Disregard that one. I don't have any vests, so.. PLEASE wear your red."
Lol, she should have just fast forwarded it and said "You don't need to see any of that..."

I don't think you're being overly salty. I'd blink if blue, especially, was the predominant color over red.

That said, I wear some maroon, but ensure it's on the red and not purple side of that color before choosing it for work. Some of that is because true red is hard to find (including on Target's racks and tables) because it isn't a popular color. Yes, I could wear Target t-shirts, but I am not a logo person, Target or otherwise. The only Target logo that will be on my body is the one on my name badge. Most of the true red I have been able to find comes from consignment/thrift stores or by scouring the internet. If I have to suffer the color combo, I want to do it with style.

Finally, old store was stricter. New store, less so as long as red is the predominant color. A lot of people there wear red and black plaid, which I think is fine. JMO.

Well you may be being salty in some views but from a guest view its not something that should be allowed. My manager at my second job flat out told me she didnt know who was an employee and who was a guest at my store with the crap people wear. She also used to work at spot as an lod.
Then again, I am in my solid red shirt with name tag and khaki pants and I still have guests who will ask me if I work there.

Really? This is what bothers you?

LOL welcome to my store where everyones shirts are maroon not red but I do not understand why it is so hard to wear red either!

i don’t see the problem, if you want to wear target red wear it, if you want to wear maroon wear it. my store is super chill about it, one girl wore very dark maroon almost black and another wore a basically all white shirt with very tiny red stripes and no one has said anything (that i know of). i personally look awful in target red (yeah looks don’t matter but i literally look so washed out) so i wear maroon the majority of the time. as long as one tm doesn’t get in trouble for wearing maroon and another does.

She basically admitted to not following policy. That is such a fail. lol

She can have vests for TMs if she bothered to order some (paid for by Target). It is not like she has to pay for them out-of-pocket. :rolleyes:

Ha! Do you work at my store? Pretty much anything goes as long as there's some red or variant in the shirt. I wear plain red or burgundy and have no problem finding appropriate shirts for cheap at a thrift store. But I guess that must be too boring for other folks - plaids, stripes, prints - anything that could remotely be a variation of red - it's all ok. Add that to wearing jeans on the weekends, and many guests look like they could be TMs.

Today, a TM showed up with a plaid shirt with NO red in it. Looked brown to me, with some blue and white. Thought maybe she was working SFS, but nope.

Today, a TM showed up with a plaid shirt with NO red in it. Looked brown to me, with some blue and white. Thought maybe she was working SFS, but nope.

Maybe you're color blind and that's why it looked brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back