Archived Dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I was recently hired as an ETL and I will be starting in a few weeks. I was wondering what the dress expectations were for ETLs? Obviously red and khaki (duh), but in my interview one of the ETLs I spoke with said we have to look nice, wear the appropriate shoes etc. But I forgot to ask what that actually means? What is the expectation for ETLs in terms of red and khaki clothing and color of shoes?

Thanks!

You will be a leader in the building and should convey that in your dress. No sneakers! Trousers or slacks not khaki jeans, red button down, tucked in. Black or brown shoes. Look in the materials that they gave you and take your cues from there. I like the general rule that you always dress 1 step up. If you are a team member and want to promote to a TL, dress like it. If you are an ETL and want to be a STL,dress like it!

As an ETL you are expected to dress professionally...you want to investin several red shirts, short sleeve and long sleeve, polo style and button down. Your khaki pants should be professional as well (no cargos) and in terms of shoes, you want to go for like a casual/dressy casual shoe because you will be on your feet the majority of your days and you will want that comfort. If you are Logistics in an overnight store, you may be abject to get away with wearing tennis shoes. Ideally, your dress should exude the fact that you are a manager.

Some nice sweaters wouldn't hurt either for cold weather or working in the freezers.

u should come in looking like u just woke up with a hangover and remembered u had work today

When I was going through my GSTL interviews I just wore what our DTL always wore. Red LONG SLEEVE button down dress shirt, khaki pants, dress shoes. Probably a good idea not to have a Grizzly Adams beard too, but that's entirely up to you :)

Here's a few examples:

Target-ETL-2008.jpg

IMG_0257-crop1-561x600.jpg

WinningGroup.jpg

super-target-ribbon-cutting-department-managers-709685.jpg

I've rarely seen an male or female etl wear a polo as in photos 1 & 2. I wouldn't recommend it. Thats tm attire.

btw; Is it just me, or is that 1st photo kinda freaky?

I work at ghetto Target! Hoodies, hats, underwear, pants with million pockets, all shade of 'red' colour, I see every day, and not just from regular TMs. It depends from store to store. :buba:

I'm going to say that 90% of ETLs are brand, 2/3 from TLs, 1/3 from TMs.

I've rarely seen an male or female etl wear a polo as in photos 1 & 2. I wouldn't recommend it. Thats tm attire.

All of the male ETLs at my store wear either polo shirts or dress shirts. Though one will occasionally show up in a sweater-vest. The ladies just wear professional-looking tops.

All of the male ETLs at my store wear either polo shirts or dress shirts. Though one will occasionally show up in a sweater-vest. The ladies just wear professional-looking tops.

Why is everybody calling button-down shorts "dress shirts?" They are no more dress shirts than an expensive polo. They just button down instead of not buttoning down.

OK, sorry about the rant, but that has always bothered me.

Why is everybody calling button-down shorts "dress shirts?" They are no more dress shirts than an expensive polo. They just button down instead of not buttoning down.

OK, sorry about the rant, but that has always bothered me.

Dress shirts and button down shirts are not necessarily the same thing. Just sayin'.

I guess its just a matter of personal taste. In my opinion, polos are not dressy, even if it has a expensive brand logo on it.

Love a man in a fitted button down shirt! :)

I guess for me I am comfortable with polos because summer will soon be upon us with uncontrollable building temps!

btw; Is it just me, or is that 1st photo kinda freaky?

Conversely, both my ETL-LOG and STL often wear polo shirts, and in fact that's about all my ETL-LOG wears.

As an ETL-Log myself and one who is very hands on I wear a polo just about everyday myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back