Archived Drinks on the sales floor....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might add one more thing, spot turns off a/c when the store is closed. Drinks should be allowed with pushing frieght or doing ad. Just make sure to take your drink with you. If you are back room, a bottle drink should be allowed in most areas. Way too hot in the summer.

Last edited:
My TLs used to requisition a case of waters fairly regularly for the TMs to take from freely and there were 2 bags per floor tied to the end of an aisle so people would throw away the bottles in there but people started getting lazy.

Half-finished and empty bottles everywhere. On tubs, the floor, in wacos, etc.

SrTL-Logi had to nix the requisitioned water because of that. And the following crackdown saw all personal drinks banned from the backroom.

We did get one of those purified water dispensers with the huge 10 gallon jugs set up in the break room though. So it's not all bad, certainly beats the fountains.

If we had a soda or Gatorade etc we were careful to remove the label so it wouldn't get on a shelf or be overlooked during final walk thru. Water bottles OK out of sight.

We aren't "allowed" to have drinks, but nobody says anything in the backroom. People keep drinks in the pfresh coolers and at SFS and receiving. However it is one of the things we sweep for to fix as soon as we hear steritech is in the building.

This is a non-issue. If your biggest concern is team members having drinks, your numbers must be out fucking standing.

Would you rather them have a bottle of water they can quickly hydrate with, or would you rather them spend five minutes going to the water fountain? No brainer.

This "no drink" policy in companies is pure garbage, but likely caused by people(flow) leaving trash everywhere.

I let my cashiers have drinks with them, but it has to be a closed water bottle, rather than water cups from Food Ave. It's been a non-issue in our store. But everyone is pretty understanding if we have a visit or something.

Technically speaking, while I know we have to do what our policies say, when it comes to ACTUAL general health code, like outside of Target, I'm pretty sure you can have drinks with you as long as it's a closed container, with the exception of food prep areas. I don't work in a Super Target, so we don't even have food prep areas. So the "no drink" rule sounds more like a special Target rule.

It seems to be more of a "I'm pretending I don't see this" but you better fucking throw it away later or else.

I might add one more thing, spot turns off a/c when the store is closed. Drinks should be allowed with pushing frieght or doing ad. Just make sure to take your drink with you. If you are back room, a bottle drink should be allowed in most areas. Way too hot in the summer.
This is why I say "If the store was on a satellite orbiting the Earth, day side would shut off life support when they leave.".
At one point they stopped allowing us to have drink out on the floor that weren't in plastic water bottles. This encouraged people to remember where they set their drinks down, and prevented a drink being left on an endcap at the end of the shift.
It was quickly pointed out that when second shift did zoning, they wouldn't touch the Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts and other assorted cups all over the store that guests just dropped off. What guests left and was ignored, was in greater number than what the overnight would leave.

We're allowed to have water on the floor as long as it has a screw top lid or is in a container that won't leak if it falls over. They are to stay out of sight and not be seen at all if steritech visits even though these are not food prep areas. We're not supposed to have sodas, teas, or coffes, or anything like that on the floor but it happens because there is no one to oversee it except when steritech comes in the door. Then it's like "hide it or get rid of it quick!" :p

We did get one of those purified water dispensers with the huge 10 gallon jugs set up in the break room though. So it's not all bad, certainly beats the fountains.

We got one too, but they almost never have cups in the breakroom so you can make use of it which is terribly annoying. ><

I remember water / bottled drinks with caps were permitted.

We got one too, but they almost never have cups in the breakroom so you can make use of it which is terribly annoying. ><

Fortunately we don't have that problem. When it was first set up we even had cups with the Seattle's Best Coffee brand on them instead of generic cardboard or Styrofoam cups.

Always got a chuckle when I was getting water.

"Other than water" dafuq? Does water hold some magical composition to make it less dangerous than other substances? I'd argue sodas are safer because they at least give traction when drying.

"Other than water" dafuq? Does water hold some magical composition to make it less dangerous than other substances? I'd argue sodas are safer because they at least give traction when drying.
It's probably because spilled water won't leave a sticky mess like a soft drink or coffee will.

Having an unauthorized drink on the sales floor is now a corrective action we got an email from legal today.

View attachment 3619

Reading this thread was really odd since we've always had that policy. The only tms who have water have doctors notes. Next time I go to the doctor for anything, I'm getting a note too. :)

Reading this thread was really odd since we've always had that policy. The only tms who have water have doctors notes. Next time I go to the doctor for anything, I'm getting a note too. :)

It's nice to get official word that water is olay though, because sometimes leaders try to ban water too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back