Archived Drinks on the sales floor....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it depends on the person. I really don't see an issue with someone carrying water with them...especially during these hot months....but some people really abuse it by sitting there chugging a soda or energy drink in front of guests. Also you never know what people will put in containers and people are notoriously messy and don't clean up after themselves, so I'd be worried they'd just leave it. It can really be a case by case (or person by person) basis.

I'm more concerned with the amount of cell phones I see people carrying around and playing with....this is what bothers me. If I was in charge, I'd ban them from the floor with very few exceptions (leaders of course are exempt...mobile and perhaps electronics if I feel I can trust the person that it wouldn't be a distraction).

In hindsight, water is a non-issue versus the above.

Sometimes it depends on the person. I really don't see an issue with someone carrying water with them...especially during these hot months....but some people really abuse it by sitting there chugging a soda or energy drink in front of guests. Also you never know what people will put in containers and people are notoriously messy and don't clean up after themselves, so I'd be worried they'd just leave it. It can really be a case by case (or person by person) basis.

I'm more concerned with the amount of cell phones I see people carrying around and playing with....this is what bothers me. If I was in charge, I'd ban them from the floor with very few exceptions (leaders of course are exempt...mobile and perhaps electronics if I feel I can trust the person that it wouldn't be a distraction).

Remember "Get appy!" Where they encouraged having phones on the floor. Some people that target app is as close to working equipment as they get.

I'm more concerned with the amount of cell phones I see people carrying around and playing with....this is what bothers me. If I was in charge, I'd ban them from the floor with very few exceptions (leaders of course are exempt...mobile and perhaps electronics if I feel I can trust the person that it wouldn't be a distraction

Lmao that is complete bullshit.

When you don't have enough zebras for everyone how do you expect them to help guest without a phone?

We also encourage phone use (alarms) so team members dont miss breaks and lunches.

Leaders are the ones on Snapchat and Facebook during their "LOD walks"

As long as they aren't texting or surfing. I have never seen any issue with team members being on their phone.

I dare anyone to try and tell me no phone on the floor. 1. I've got aging disabled parents -I'm an only child. 2. I give up my equipment every fucking day. My phone still does me better than the fuckwit I have my mydevices to. Plus the app loads pics quicker.

We've been supposedly enforcing the water rule. Plus no cell phones and name tags.

More like drinks on the dancefloor.

tenor.gif

This is unrelated, but does this chart mean that losing keys to the building and not reporting it= final warning and not necessarily a set of keys that opens electronics/SFS? I am currently on a final for the latter. Does that mean I shouldn't be on a final?

I don't have the paper with me but that's also a final. Only a counseling if you had reported it.

When you don't have enough zebras for everyone how do you expect them to help guest without a phone?

We also encourage phone use (alarms) so team members dont miss breaks and lunches.

As long as they aren't texting or surfing. I have never seen any issue with team members being on their phone.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However I see them as a distraction. At my store, I constantly catch people texting and playing on their phone while they are on the clock. They are simply abused when I watch someone texting and giggling while pushing a vehicle and barely watching where they are going...not to mention just going slow period. Some people can use them responsibly...but until that is proven...I just think it's best not to have them available. I don't think anyone is entitled to having their cellphone with them...they have to earn that right...

I always see plenty of equipment at my store...but of course this is a case by case basis...even people with the equipment still don't push accurately to the piece...so i doubt having a phone is going to help them anyways...it's just an excuse to not be away from their phone.

They are simply abused when I watch someone texting and giggling while pushing a vehicle

You're talking about the ETLs right?

so i doubt having a phone is going to help them anyways...

Nonsense. The item search on the zebra is awful. So much easier to look up whether we carry an item using the target.com app.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However I see them as a distraction. At my store, I constantly catch people texting and playing on their phone while they are on the clock. They are simply abused when I watch someone texting and giggling while pushing a vehicle and barely watching where they are going...not to mention just going slow period. Some people can use them responsibly...but until that is proven...I just think it's best not to have them available. I don't think anyone is entitled to having their cellphone with them...they have to earn that right...

I always see plenty of equipment at my store...but of course this is a case by case basis...even people with the equipment still don't push accurately to the piece...so i doubt having a phone is going to help them anyways...it's just an excuse to not be away from their phone.

I started off leaving my phone in my locker. Then I found that the guests who are visual learners couldn't grasp how to use cartwheel with only verbal instructions. Bringing my phone with me and actually showing people made things a lot easier on both the guests and me. And with the new update I can show the exclusive offers and explain those as well.

And while for now the zebras can look things up on Target.com pretty quickly I'm not holding out hope that will last forever. With the my devices, tagging in a quick and accurate manner was virtually impossible unless I used my phone to see better pictures and look up dpci numbers very quickly.

You're talking about the ETLs right?

Talking about everyone really, but mostly just regular team members. They are prime culprits mainly at my store.

Nonsense. The item search on the zebra is awful. So much easier to look up whether we carry an item using the target.com app.

Stop your complaining. I use a PDA for search functions and that's even worse. It's pretty easy to get by really.

I need to have my phone on me. No barcode and no DPCI? Can look up the item on the Target app. There is a barcode, but when it scans a "how much is this?" screen comes up? I can scan the barcode with the Target app and it tells me the price. No guests in line so I'm standing at the edge of the lane, and someone asks if we carry an item? I can look up if we do and which aisle it will be in.

Last edited:
No. As HLM said, take your damn cup or drink when you go. Too many flow TMs leaving stuff on the SF. If we do it we can't rag on guests leaving their cups from Starbucks. It is definitely a violation. I kept a water bottle in a Waco of an empty aisle in the BR (guilty), but I took it away daily and if I knew Steritech was coming I'd scan the BR for violations. Keeps the PMT and CTL happy.

I think market still puts their drinks in the open-case coolers so they can have a nice cool drink while pushing pfresh truck at my store.

Is your DTL, STL or ETL one about it? If yes, then no. If they aren't, then yes you are.

Except they're the food TL. So they kind of HAVE TO ENFORCE IT. Jesus christ.

If we had a soda or Gatorade etc we were careful to remove the label so it wouldn't get on a shelf or be overlooked during final walk thru. Water bottles OK out of sight.

I remove the label and then grab some tape and tape my receipt to it.

"Other than water" dafuq? Does water hold some magical composition to make it less dangerous than other substances? I'd argue sodas are safer because they at least give traction when drying.

Yes, it's called "not being a sticky fucking mess".

Agreed. I use a notepad app on my phone to specifically take note of things that I need to order on SAP, or keep my to-do list.

Stop your complaining. I use a PDA for search functions and that's even worse. It's pretty easy to get by really.

Sounds like you could benefit from using your phone for item searching.

rmLBzlu.gif

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However I see them as a distraction.

I agree with you. I would never use my phone to help a guest. Spot doesn't pay for it, therefore it's not for work. Same reason that I do not want my number in my TLs' phones. HR does of course have my number if I need to be reached for scheduling matters. If I need to look up an item for a guest and I do not have a zebra, I call another tm with equipment to do it for me on the floor or the GSTL if on register.

I think its extremely unprofessional to be on your phone at work, especially leadership but everyone. I hate hearing the "ping" in somebody's pocket every two seconds. Check your phone on breaks.

I agree with you. I would never use my phone to help a guest. Spot doesn't pay for it, therefore it's not for work. Same reason that I do not want my number in my TLs' phones. HR does of course have my number if I need to be reached for scheduling matters. If I need to look up an item for a guest and I do not have a zebra, I call another tm with equipment to do it for me on the floor or the GSTL if on register.

I think its extremely unprofessional to be on your phone at work, especially leadership but everyone. I hate hearing the "ping" in somebody's pocket every two seconds. Check your phone on breaks.

or turn the volume off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back