Drive up time

The guest needs to reset the drive up on their side. Just ask them to cancel the drive up and then say they are on their way again.

Resetting timers is not a good thing to do. They have reports now that track if it’s being manipulated and are tracking which team members are doing it.

Resetting timers is not a good thing to do. They have reports now that track if it’s being manipulated and are tracking which team members are doing it.
What about when a guest checks in but, decides to get Taco Bell or Chick-fil-at first and the timer keeps counting up. Sometimes when they get there it looks like they have been waiting 30 minutes or more!!

When a guest resets the timer how is anyone going to know which employee asked them to reset it.

Only in rare cases should you do this, and the SETL should be informed if they are there. I will write people up for this if it's abused. I want to know my real time, and it's worth considering famine under Mao...yeah, for real. Overreporting the harvest will lead to famine.
At my store we only do it when a guest is a no show. When they finally show after 30 plus minutes on the timer we ask them to reset. Sometimes I think phone checks them in when they get close but, may go somewhere else in parking lot first another store or fast food joint.

Because you are logged into the zebra. Your numbers are attached to everything you do with that thing. If the reset is occasional, then that is fine. If it frequent, a conversation should happen.

Because you are logged into the zebra. Your numbers are attached to everything you do with that thing. If the reset is occasional, then that is fine. If it frequent, a conversation should happen.
Yes but I’m not logged into guest phone. If I ask them to reset unless someone sees me ask them there is no way of knowing it was me who asked them. They might know it’s me who processed order but that’s it.

If the timer was reset for that order number *1234... and YOU processed order *1234... it can reasonably be deduced that YOU asked them to reset the timer
I’m not worried as I rarely ask guests to reset. Plus I’m quite certain leadership has more important things to worry about. At my store we focus more on accuracy than time.

I’m not worried as I rarely ask guests to reset. Plus I’m quite certain leadership has more important things to worry about. At my store we focus more on accuracy than time.
I wouldn't be so certain about that tbh. Every store is under pressure to be under 2, and if under 2, they are under pressure to compete within the district for better times. Therefore, every shortcut or streamlining idea is likely to have been considered. And if the store doesn't care, district does and they will drop a hammer sooner or later.

But it's good to hear that your store is more concerned with accuracy than time. Time improvements are more about process and the pieces will come together because the process is strong, while accuracy improvements are about vigilance and require more attention and maintenance when it comes to TM behavior (in my experience).

timers longer than 10min don’t count and if people keep fucking around with shit like resets on long orders they are going to make it count and fuck everyone else over

I’m glad resetting the DU time is tracked now. Just like I’m glad they track verification code skips. For awhile, my ETL wanted us to ask every guest to reset, which I wouldn’t do. It’s just a waste of the guest’s time especially if they aren’t tech savvy. Then she was having people process the order before bringing it out and I wrote her a whole list of reasons why I wouldn’t do that. ETL was mad at me, but so be it.

Now our drive up times are better (for now) because the same team members have been scheduled together and found a rapport and communication that works for us. I’m sure our ETL will micromanage and change something and we’ll be red again, but I LOVE that she can’t force us to “cheat” the times.

If the timer was reset for that order number *1234... and YOU processed order *1234... it can reasonably be deduced that YOU asked them to reset the timer
We all share devices at my GS. When we hear honk honk, we grab the nearest device.

Someone else could be using a device I signed into and vice versa. You can’t just go off of who the mydevice said processed it.

We all share devices at my GS. When we hear honk honk, we grab the nearest device.

Someone else could be using a device I signed into and vice versa. You can’t just go off of who the mydevice said processed it.

No device sharing at my store. We've had too many dishonest TMs. They were termed for doing heavy markdowns and purchasing the items, defecting things out to consume it, etc. I know there is another....still (sigh).

i put a tm on a corrective for this
No device sharing at my store. We've had too many dishonest TMs. They were termed for doing heavy markdowns and purchasing the items, defecting things out to consume it, etc. I know there is another....still (sigh).
Huh. Such a different vibe at my store. Honestly I think it should change to everyone has their own especially since now there are more devices to go around.

Huh. Such a different vibe at my store. Honestly I think it should change to everyone has their own especially since now there are more devices to go around.
we have daily equipment control emails from pml, team members are required to sign them out and sign them back in, a device going missing while you're signed out is an instant corrective, trading devices is an instant corrective, list goes on... zebras are like $800-1000 per unit, the company does not want to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars every year replacing them because team members are fucking trash

Sometimes, if someone scans a huge order, we might trade the device with the runner, just because it's all scanned. We did have someone lose a device once and get put on corrective, but that person was on target's out list.

Back