Archived DTL visting at least once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it mean if your DTL has been visiting the store at least once a week ( sometimes more ) for the past month and a half? Before that I almost never saw her. That backroom as been a mess, more than a normal Christmas mess. The LOG ETL "quit" last week. I'm just hoping they don't fire our STL over it. She's really great and I don't want to see her go. I guess my question is do you think our STL is next to leave if things don't change?

kjqYxgV.gif

Yeah, great as a person and great as a store manager aren't necessarily the same thing. If the LOG ETL has been terrible and the STL had been working hard to fix their issues or get rid of them and has been raising issues with the district and such for support then I would guess that your STL is probably ok. Particularly if she wasn't responsible for the LOG ETL being there in the first place. If the STL identified and worked to fix the issues, it shouldn't count against her.

However, if she was "too nice" to address the issues and the district had to step in for her to fix it, well.

Yeah, great as a person and great as a store manager aren't necessarily the same thing. If the LOG ETL has been terrible and the STL had been working hard to fix their issues or get rid of them and has been raising issues with the district and such for support then I would guess that your STL is probably ok. Particularly if she wasn't responsible for the LOG ETL being there in the first place. If the STL identified and worked to fix the issues, it shouldn't count against her.

However, if she was "too nice" to address the issues and the district had to step in for her to fix it, well.

Some one that I never saw before came in about a week ago. A TL told me she was some one pretty high up. Was here for about three days and cleaned everything up. Then it went right back to being insane a few days later. Don't know if that was the STL or DTL having that person come in.

Our DTL visits about once a week, but it’s just because he’s awesome and super involved. Our store frequently gets positive recognition from him. And it’s more than a 3 hour drive, so it’s not like his visits are convenience.

The same is likely not true for your store, but it is possible to have frequent visits and it not be a bad thing.

It seems like Group and District people have been more involved this Q4. So i wouldnt freak out just yet.

My DTL walks our store atleast once a week. It’s not unusual for him to pop in 2 or 3 times a week either.

You can probably tell if the visits are good or bad based on your STL's mood before and after each one. Our STL is being pushed out and it clearly shows with how stressed she is immediately before and after every visit.

You can probably tell if the visits are good or bad based on your STL's mood before and after each one. Our STL is being pushed out and it clearly shows with how stressed she is immediately before and after every visit.

This right here. Constant visits aren't bad but if your store is struggling its usually a sign that change is coming.

Q1 is the best time to get rid of an underperforming stl.

At my last company, I worked as an ETL under 3 different DTLs.

One of them visited relatively often because he was good at his job, and my STL was absolutely horrible at his job and ended up being offered the chance to retire before he was fired.

One of them visited often only when it came out that her stores were struggling because she was fucking incompetent. So she came around and got pissed because we weren't following her directions because they were stupid. She had been at corporate for decades and had only been in a store 2 years before that so had no clue. She was sent back to corporate.

The third one had good intentions and reasonable experience, and visited often because she wanted to learn more so she could lead better. I also think she was chosen because she had good rapport with the union and our employees had a very poor view of the company as a whole in the district.

So they visit often for different reasons. A hourly associate (non tl) houldn't need to worry about the DTL. They wont yell at you or cause you trouble. They will call out the STL if you act stupid and your STL will come down on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back