Dumpster Full Of Bikes

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
I dont know I read right here on this very site people advocating for using the compacter to deal with their inventory issues and we sure have been sending a lot of bikes 🧐

I suspect I know what happened.
They had the returned bikes all racked up in the back for some reason and then threw them out all at the same time.
So it winds up all over TikTok.

TikToker Sounds Off Over Target Dumpster Full Of Brand New Bikes—And People Are Furious - https://www.comicsands.com/target-put-bikes-dumpster-tiktok-2657252512.html?fbclid=IwAR2jeihPFvYbDPbJrovt0pX4MruR92iZ5t8rErkJTAQ1WA5DLS8F1TUFwKA

I have some insight on this perhaps. Recently we had a ceiling drain pipe burst and partially flooded the back room. Any merchandise the water touched just got thrown out. It was ridiculous. This was including several bikes that I had sitting under the steel on the floor because we were out of room on the bike hooks. We threw bikes out because the tires got wet. SMH

That was even more frustrating for me because I know actual policy is to repair returned bikes and mark them down 30% and resell them. Who knows what guests have done to them in the meantime. Probably got the tires wet

Last edited:
We dont repair the bikes anymore because we couldnt get parts. We still try and keep some parts from broken ones to repair some but usually its the same parts that break.
That's weird I've never had a problem getting parts. Every time I call and speak to someone on the phone and the parts come in a few days.

That's weird I've never had a problem getting parts. Every time I call and speak to someone on the phone and the parts come in a few days.
We had a rack full of bikes needing repairs for 6 months and was told we couldnt get anything in. That might have changed now. I don't pay close attention to it.

I have some insight on this perhaps. Recently we had a ceiling drain pipe burst and partially flooded the back room. Any merchandise the water touched just got thrown out. It was ridiculous. This was including several bikes that I had sitting under the steel on the floor because we were out of room on the bike hooks. We threw bikes out because the tires got wet. SMH

That was even more frustrating for me because I know actual policy is to repair returned bikes and mark them down 30% and resell them. Who knows what guests have done to them in the meantime. Probably got the tires wet
If not this then at least metal recycle them...

We had a rack full of bikes needing repairs for 6 months and was told we couldnt get anything in. That might have changed now. I don't pay close attention to it.
I found a random bike seat over by the Tier Rack Mountainans in Q3. It wouldn’t mount to my tugger 😒

Back