Archived Easter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Target were open on Easter, you wouldn't have to work it; that's what sick days are for.

We've never been open on Easter as long as I have been with Target, but then again, we've always been closed on Thanksgiving which changed last year as stores were open in Colorado. We'll be open this Thanksgiving as well so don't be surprised to see us open next Easter. Sad, but the retail giants will always try and outdo each other.

Closed in my store though about 10 Logistics TMs will come in 7pm-1am to do the autofills

Last yr, a sister store near us (hi-risk area) was burgled on Easter. Smashed a window & a few cases in elec.

I'll be coming in Monday morning way too freaking early to take care of the ad.

And on a side note: I don't really have a problem with being closed on Christmas. It's pretty much a secular holiday anymore.
But Easter? If we're going to be closed on Easter, why do I have to take a personal day for Yom Kipper and Rosh Hashanah?

I'll be coming in Monday morning way too freaking early to take care of the ad.

And on a side note: I don't really have a problem with being closed on Christmas. It's pretty much a secular holiday anymore.
But Easter? If we're going to be closed on Easter, why do I have to take a personal day for Yom Kipper and Rosh Hashanah?

Because the USA was founded by Christians, not Jews, agree with it, or not, that's the reason. However, I suspect you already knew that.

Is it that serious...?

Yep, last year my ETL-LOG came in solo to pull autofills to have us be the only green store in the district. This year we are bringing in every ETL,STL, and a handful of TMs and TLs to do autofills and various side project.s

Husband just got a job with Lowe's and he has to work Easter. He's talking about tying to get me in there. He's starting out at $3 more an hr than what I get now.

Husband just got a job with Lowe's and he has to work Easter. He's talking about tying to get me in there. He's starting out at $3 more an hr than what I get now.

we have had 6 TM's getting 2nd jobs there. The cashiers start out at , at least $10 an hour..... I wonder if they will bring this up at huddle when the TL's talk about how "competitive" spot wages are. lol

All of the Lowe's in our area closed their doors with no notice to their employees other than a sign on the door. I loved to shop there. I hope they're doing better where you are!

For the double dight years that ive worked at target weve been closed on Easter. Now far as tm's working on Easter, if you are a O/N Log store, chances are your will work Sat night into Easter morning and possibly take a trailer Sun night as well.---- One of the disadvantages of the O/N process.

founded by deists*

False. The founding fathers, by in large, were Christians.

55 of the 74 delegates at the 1787 convention (aka when the Constitution was written) were Christians. The only particularly relevant deist was Thomas Paine. Heck, there were more Jews than deists.

False. The founding fathers, by in large, were Christians.

55 of the 74 delegates at the 1787 convention (aka when the Constitution was written) were Christians. The only particularly relevant deist was Thomas Paine. Heck, there were more Jews than deists.

You forgot Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Cornelius Harnett, James Madison, Ethan Allan (one of my personal heroes), Alexander Hamilton, Hugh Williamson, and Gouverneur Morris.

Since the first Jewish shul dates back to New Amsterdam in 1654, I'd say we've had as much to do with the founding of the country as anybody else.

You forgot Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Cornelius Harnett, James Madison, Ethan Allan (one of my personal heroes), Alexander Hamilton, Hugh Williamson, and Gouverneur Morris.

Since the first Jewish shul dates back to New Amsterdam in 1654, I'd say we've had as much to do with the founding of the country as anybody else.

Huh? Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and Hamilton were all Christians. I believe a couple of them were anti-clergy, but they were still Christians. I don't know specifics of the religions of the others.

Also, I'm not saying Jews aren't relevant to the history of the USA, but the question originally posed was, more or less, why Christian holidays are considered so important. That's why. The majority of the founding fathers were Christians. I'm not making any personal statements/opinions on the matter, just stating the facts.

Huh? Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and Hamilton were all Christians. I believe a couple of them were anti-clergy, but they were still Christians. I don't know specifics of the religions of the others.

Also, I'm not saying Jews aren't relevant to the history of the USA, but the question originally posed was, more or less, why Christian holidays are considered so important. That's why. The majority of the founding fathers were Christians. I'm not making any personal statements/opinions on the matter, just stating the facts.

I know this is seriously not the place for a theological or historical discussion but you really should check out some of the interesting things Jefferson and Franklin (in particular) had to say about religion.
Jefferson rewrote the Bible cutting out things he didn't agree with including the virgin birth, angels, prophecy, miracles, the great flood, heaven, hell, damnation, sin, and the devil.
He said that he believed deeply in the moral view of Jesus of Nazareth just not the trappings that others laid upon him.
Probably the best description of his religion was a letter he wrote to Ezra Ely in 1819
You say you are a Calvinist. I am not. I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know.
Franklin was more direct.
I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies.
and
The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.

Finally James Madison in his memoirs said:
During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution.

Complex men, who didn't fit in the religious mold, not even George Washington and he was considered a bit boring by the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back