Archived Easter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commie... I'm a Catholic, but I "converse" with God via prayer regularly which, according to Catholic dogma, is useless as I can only communicate with God via my priest.

Just because they didn't toe the party line doesn't make them NOT Christians. You're arguing a point that has nothing to do with their religious affiliation and you don't seem to understand what you're arguing. They were smart men, not cattle, they knew BS when they saw it. So what?

Still Christians, not Deists, not Jews, not Muslims, not Agnostics, not Pagans, etc., etc.

So what's your point? They were smart? Agreed.

Still Christians, still the founders of the USA, still the reason we pay tribute to Christian holidays via Government and Social acceptance. I didn't say it was right, I didn't say they agreed with everything their respective religions said, but they were still Christians. Guess I don't get what you think you're arguing.

EDIT: Referred to the founding fathers as Catholic when I meant to say Christian, this has been fixed.

Last edited:
Also, George Washington was many things, but boring was not one of them.

If you want to talk about ole' GW, talk about his ridiculously over-inflated (historically speaking) military prowess. They talk about his genius at West Point, ridiculous, half the thebreakroom could command an army better than GW.

Just because they didn't toe the party line doesn't make them NOT Christians. You're arguing a point that has nothing to do with their religious affiliation and you don't seem to understand what you're arguing. They were smart men, not cattle, they knew BS when they saw it. So what?

So it was more convenient for history to lump them in with Christians because they didn't "opt out" of being considered Christian?

So it was more convenient for history to lump them in with Christians because they didn't "opt out" of being considered Christian?

No, because that's what they were. They were Christians, it's a fact, it's not a stereotype, or a "stretched reality", it is what it is.

No, because that's what they were. They were Christians, it's a fact, it's not a stereotype, or a "stretched reality", it is what it is.

Deism\De”ism\ (d[=e]“[i^]z’m), n. [L. deus god: cf. F.d['e]isme. See Deity.]
The doctrine or creed of a deist; the belief or system of those who acknowledge the existence of one God, but deny revelation.

It is possible to believe in Jesus of Nazareth and many of his teachings but not the divinity.
I guess you could (not to put too fine a point on it) call them christian Deists.

Deism\De”ism\ (d[=e]“[i^]z’m), n. [L. deus god: cf. F.d['e]isme. See Deity.]
The doctrine or creed of a deist; the belief or system of those who acknowledge the existence of one God, but deny revelation.

It is possible to believe in Jesus of Nazareth and many of his teachings but not the divinity.
I guess you could (not to put too fine a point on it) call them christian Deists.

You could call them all donkeys and be just as wrong.

Regardless, they'd still be christians.

Moderator needs to lock this thread. The main point of the Original posters question has been answered. Target is closed on Easter. No need to go into detail about religion.

Moderator needs to lock this thread. The main point of the Original posters question has been answered. Target is closed on Easter. No need to go into detail about religion.

Far enough.
I thought of it more as fun history stuff but I can see how folks might take it differently.

That and the question of why in this day and age, on group gets preference over another.

I am working on Easter by choice. If you are off, enjoy the day off! It is one of Last two days(xmas) off, that we are closed.

Last edited:
What ev.
As HLM said, it's one of 2 days that spot still closes for (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back