Educational Leave?

I saw some old posts about it no longer being offered but it seemed more store oriented. I'm thinking about taking it after peak season (January) until summer. Pretty sure I won't be needed but policy is policy. Anyone knows anything about this?

Alternatively, if its not available, would a schedule exemption to work in order to work just 1 day a week?

I saw some old posts about it no longer being offered but it seemed more store oriented. I'm thinking about taking it after peak season (January) until summer. Pretty sure I won't be needed but policy is policy. Anyone knows anything about this?

Alternatively, if its not available, would a schedule exemption to work in order to work just 1 day a week?
Educational leave no longer an option. Your best bet is to go on demand. You need your leader’s permission to go on demand. We do have a guy at my store who only works one day a week. I think for any of your options you would need leadership’s permission.

“On demand” isn’t an option at DCs, there also isn’t the option of dropping to part time.
It’s highly unlikely that they’d approve a schedule exception that cuts your hours that much, generally they seem to believe that you should schedule school around work, not the other way around.

Last edited:
part time is only at stores right? we used to have that at my dc but dropped it many years ago.

i dunno about 1 day a week, but i've seen A key teammates occasionally drop down to 2 days full stop with a school schedule exception, but thats kinda rare/lucky/maybe in slow times. usually i believe they want you to make up any hours you miss on another key.

Yeah, I’m not sure the reasoning that they got rid of the part-time option at DCs, it seems like it helped with retention and managing volume fluctuations. I’d understand if it was because it’d take too long for them to ramp, but even when they had it you were full-time for at least 6 months before you had the option.

Yeah, I’m not sure the reasoning that they got rid of the part-time option at DCs, it seems like it helped with retention and managing volume fluctuations. I’d understand if it was because it’d take too long for them to ramp, but even when they had it you were full-time for at least 6 months before you had the option.
They were supposed to bring part time back but it's kind of not been brought up again

Best case of what you can do is take an FMLA depending on states and so forth you can take a "Mental" health leave. Many TM's and even OM's take these leaves for whatever reason they deem fit. You just need to go to a Dr and or Psychiatrist for an evaluation which only takes 1 to 2 appointments about your mental state and then start your leave with HR or through the target pay and benefits portal that takes you to the reed group. I've taken these leaves and have used all 3 months but most Dr's only give you 1 month or 1 1/2. Recent tm in the same department just took her leave to focus on college under the guise of an FMLA and they gave her 6 weeks.

if its over 30 days you risk being moved to another dept right?

here they actually jerked someone around, signed off on leave, then told the person they made a mistake and they had to come back to work. person quit.

Back