Archived EIT (ETL-Log)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I was recently brought to the Target team after a few interviews. A little bit about my background: Navy vet (5 and half years in Logistics/supply chain management), Divorced, one child, and currently working on my MBA in Supply Chain Management. I’ve noticed that the person training me is not engaged enough with me for whatever reason but I find it strange when a visit is occurring the constant scrambling to try and impress. I’m currently 3 weeks into my training and really can’t wait to be assigned to my store. Enough about me, I can’t wait to chat with you all!

Hello everyone,

I was recently brought to the Target team after a few interviews. A little bit about my background: Navy vet (5 and half years in Logistics/supply chain management), Divorced, one child, and currently working on my MBA in Supply Chain Management. I’ve noticed that the person training me is not engaged enough with me for whatever reason but I find it strange when a visit is occurring the constant scrambling to try and impress. I’m currently 3 weeks into my training and really can’t wait to be assigned to my store. Enough about me, I can’t wait to chat with you all!
Welcome!

Hello everyone,

You have noticed something (regarding scramble to impress during a visit) that is a common occurrence at target. With the wages for TMs at target so low , constant high expectations , like what you see during a visit are impossible to implement. The ETLs and TLs know this. Thats why when a visit is done and over with the store and best practices become a sh** show. I guess the sooner you come to terms with that. The less you’ll be stressed and upset about the insanity of the system.
Welcome aboard!

A strong visit is how someone works towards promotion. There's a thread on the main thread about the visit culture and how it can be toxic to a store.

I wish we held a constant standard at our store all the time.
Money is a great motivator.I say if a corporation thinks its ok to pay minimum wage to people. Then they should only expect minimum effort/job performance from them. Hence the demise of many retail giants.

Greetings and Salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

The scramble is typical, it’s all of the last minute things that you hadn’t had time for for the last few weeks. We had our DTL visit our store Tuesday and Wednesday this week, even though we knew Monday that he would be there both days it was a scramble each day. There’s always something to improve on.

Hopefully your PMT is squared away, treat us nicely and we’ll move mountains for you :rolleyes: Congrats and good luck.

Edited because grammar.

Welcome. Sounds like typical Target "training". Like those above you said, the hardest you will ever see ETLs work is when there is a known visit. My advice to you is to set expectations early with your peers. Sadly, its just like high school and you might have to play the popularity/political contest in your store to be heard.

Have your own voice. Do not be a "yes man". Due diligence on those "issues" you will be expected to resolve as soon as you step in your store.

Respect is earned, do not assume in the slightest that you are given it just because of your title. Matter of fact, you may have just replace someone everyone loved. Get in and work with the team side by side. Be visible at all times.

Treat you Team Leaders like they matter, because they do.

Treat your team like the best team on Earth, you will go through so many emotional and learn personal conflicts that it can be overwhelming.

Get out as soon as you get your MBA, it will be wasted in retail stores.

Interesting, why did you choose to go into store management?

Welcome. Sounds like typical Target "training". Like those above you said, the hardest you will ever see ETLs work is when there is a known visit. My advice to you is to set expectations early with your peers. Sadly, its just like high school and you might have to play the popularity/political contest in your store to be heard.

Have your own voice. Do not be a "yes man". Due diligence on those "issues" you will be expected to resolve as soon as you step in your store.

Respect is earned, do not assume in the slightest that you are given it just because of your title. Matter of fact, you may have just replace someone everyone loved. Get in and work with the team side by side. Be visible at all times.

Treat you Team Leaders like they matter, because they do.

Treat your team like the best team on Earth, you will go through so many emotional and learn personal conflicts that it can be overwhelming.

Get out as soon as you get your MBA, it will be wasted in retail stores.
I wish I could tell our HR ETL that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back