Archived Electronic Equipment Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our equipment captain came around and did this last week and I was wondering the reason why... I'm assuming they'll be tracking the PDA's via the team member # that was logged into it last? It's too bad they can't do that with walkies though. Our store is missing about 10 all of a sudden out of nowhere, but those I don't mind not having as much... :) We're still using paper logs though, as far as I'm aware. Now if they would just do something about the people who will hoard 3-4 PDA's for their friends who don't clock in until later...

Probably to keep it neat. Our flow TL likes to put pogs in there. Can't blame him though. It's not fair that pogs that don't get worked are in the way for the people that pull them.

What is the purpose of locking the fixture room? I didn't even know this was possible.

Probably to keep it neat. Our flow TL likes to put pogs in there. Can't blame him though. It's not fair that pogs that don't get worked are in the way for the people that pull them.

Also, probably reading into the letter of the law re: Safety.

Man, when I saw that title, Electronic Equipment Tracking, I was thinking of something totally different, and completely awesome. But, oh well, this is kinda cool too.

What I want, and the requisite functionality already exists, is being able to page PDAs. They have noise functionality (i.e. the beep during scans), and they have serial numbers and IP addresses. Ergo, it wouldn't be hard to set something up on workbench or that desktop app (I forget the name; the one where you put the PDA in the cradle and can rebuild/update), where a lost PDA could be paged. Obviously it wouldn't work if the battery is dead or has been pulled, but it would go a long way toward recovering PDAs that some as***le workcenters are always hiding and would be a far sight better than walking every square foot of 150k sq.ft. store to check every shelf, waco, table, cabinet, etc.

These two things together would be even more awesome (sign-in tracking, plus paging).

The equipment cabinet is always locked for us, need a key-carrier. But this system would be lovely hope we get it soon so we don't have to hunt down pens anymore!

doesn't work. I found four pdas today that were hidden. one the ctl hid, 2 in electronics, 1 in the stockroom. there's always an excuse that they let someone "borrow" it for a minute and never got it back.

We started this a few weeks ago as well. Just logging in & out keeps track of who uses the PDA and when. Still sign out walkies and printers, and keys if you need them. Our equipment is kept in its own little closet (a nice sized little room) and is locked but can be unlocked either by an ETL with keys, or by getting someone to hit a button on the other side of TSC.

Our fixture room used to be unlocked, but people kept leaving it trashed. So they cleaned it up and put a lock on it. Pretty much anyone can get keys though. I always get a set if I'm working on sales planners so I don't have to constantly keep paging someone with keys to let me in.

I don't get why it's so hard for people to sign their equipment out? it literally takes 2 seconds -_-

The funny thing is, it's the ETLs that don't sign things out, and yet they'd coach us for not signing them out.

Well they don't too, but most of our overnight logistics doesn't sign them out, or like 90% of sales floor/food dept's. I see like 5 names on the sign out sheet everyday.

Up until a week ago, our equipment was in a little closet in the fitting room. It was supposed to be locked, but it never was. Now they've moved it up front to the TSC, and we've had to wait upwards of 10 minutes for equipment. It gets to be a pain when you work overnights, and those 10 minutes are crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back