Archived Electronic Equipment Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in a store with the new electronic equipment tracking software so you don't have to sign it out anymore? It's all done through workbench, you can see who was the last to sign in and when. Haven't played with it too much but it's definitely much more efficient than paper.

It's a few weeks old at my store but I haven't been active, been busy!

We get the rollout in a couple weeks. Definitely seems way more efficient.

i want that so bad for my store - we need it.

they just updated the tracking system for what they used before (essentially the PDA headcount alongside the prototype amount). now it includes what was sent out at your store along with whether it is still being serviced or on its way back to you. good stuff, but the workbench sign-in seems like it would handle a lot of issues my store has with equipment.

Oh wow. We definitely need that. Too many closers leave their PDAs in go back carts, and then the early morning backroom crew has to go hunt down PDAs that are dead anyway. Such an annoyance.

Our store has now started locking up the equipment cabinet. We have to call an ETL to unlock it to receive any equipment.

I love the idea of just logging on to workbench to sign out my equipment.

The only problem I see is more than half of the team has no idea what workbench is or what their passwords are to sign in.

our store locks the cabinet which is in the TL office where the TLs leave their keys in their mailbox when they leave so there are always keys to the cabinet sitting around that everybody knows where to find so locking it does nothing

Our store has now started locking up the equipment cabinet. We have to call an ETL to unlock it to receive any equipment.

I love the idea of just logging on to workbench to sign out my equipment.

The only problem I see is more than half of the team has no idea what workbench is or what their passwords are to sign in.

Team members are not required to log the equipment out anymore, thats why it's so efficient. When you log onto the PDA it electronically tracks it by the TM number thats logged in and thats how they keep track of who has what.

Also, if they find that the equipment is missing at the end of the night they just check who had it last and question them if necessary, it's a big deal in our store now and I can see people being coached over it in the near future.

Well, that sounds simply fantastic.

I never understood why it was so hard to sign in and out your equipment. And just to leave it laying around, ugg.

I mean you used a PDA for an eight hour shift, how do you forget you have it?

Our store has the equipment room and the fixture room locked. It can get annoying, but it seems to work just fine. We have enough TLs and ETLs usually to get all the calls for the locked rooms. I'm just waiting for an opportunity to challenge my leaders to lead by example by responding verbally every time the room is called for, whether they're available or not... You know, like we're supposed to do with backup!

This is a practice they've done a dozen of times.

It lasts maybe a month before they give up and leave it unlocked.
This is our store. Even when it's locked, they don't lock the buzzer. If you're by yourself though, you have to prop something up against it.

Our store has the equipment room and the fixture room locked. It can get annoying, but it seems to work just fine. We have enough TLs and ETLs usually to get all the calls for the locked rooms. I'm just waiting for an opportunity to challenge my leaders to lead by example by responding verbally every time the room is called for, whether they're available or not... You know, like we're supposed to do with backup!

Dude how do TLs get keys?! I have been fighting for this at my store and they say me (a TL) can't have their own assigned store keys

Pettjm54, our TLs get their own set of keys at our store. At first, it was only ETLs who had the fixture room key but the ETLs got really tired of walking all the way to the backroom multiple times a day. :D They give our TLs more tools at my store, but I think that may have a bit to do with the fact that it's a Super and what I've seen of the workload recently is positively ridiculous. If they didn't give TL's keys, hardly anyone would get a walkie when they needed one.

People are saying that you don't have to sign out equipment anymore. That is not true. You don't have to sign out PDAs with the new tracking system. But you do have to sign out keys, walkies and the portable printers.

Our fixture room is locked as well, but we're able to sign out keys for the room.

Most people leave it open anyway, but at least we're able to have keys for it.

Ours is too.

It can get a bit frustrating if you forget to get a key and need to print something, if we didn't our fixture room would be a disasteer area.

Dude how do TLs get keys?! I have been fighting for this at my store and they say me (a TL) can't have their own assigned store keys

TLs don't get store keys (except SRTLs) just the ones labeled LRT where the number would be otherwise

TLs don't get store keys (except SRTLs) just the ones labeled LRT where the number would be otherwise

I think there's a firefly in the house, not a fire in the house.

Store Keys ≠ Keys to the store.

Store keys = Key for LRT room, aka some stores have PDAs and Walkies locked in a small closet or cabinet. Many stores also have their keybox at TSC/guest service keyed for that as well. In my store, the GSTL keys have a #16(?) key, which opened TSC and the keybox.

New PDA Sign Out

I'm not sure if there is a thread about this already, but I was wondering if anyone else has started with the new PDA log out where instead of actually signing out the PDA/LPDA, that you will be able to see who has them signed out by using Workbench. For those who have started this, does anyone know how to access the list on workbench? Today, the TSC person was re-labeling all of the PDAs using the last 4 digits of the Serial Number and supposedly there will be a list of which numbers belong to each work center.

Sounds good. Don't know the answer. I found one hidden in the back and asked the LOD what the procedure was now, but she didn't do anything. I wanted that person to at least get a coaching.

Goto shared tools, Equipment and then theres a link there, sorry don't remember exactly what it says but its easy to figure out once your there. Works really well, were early morning and when everyone gets there I have to hear about how no one has PDA's. Found 5 sitting between product and meat the other day and pulled up the history on who had them last. I think when most TM's see that we can see who had them last they might be more inclined to turn them in.

So thats what the new numbers are! I thought someone was drunk and started pounding the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back