Archived Electronics E2E

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be like that all day? Oh, you would get pulled to other parts of the store?

I wouldn't mind back stocking on my own, haven't learned how to but I'm quite sure its pretty simple as long as i don't put grocery in toys. (Heard someone did that once at my store)

I always pull items on my own as well now, have been doing that for a long time - as long as i can reach it myself

My dtl told me it was a company thing so that's what I was basing what I said above off of. Until this coming Sunday the ele team is responsible for all of toys/sport/seasonal/ele but come Sunday morning they can't leave ele.
Be thankful in the fourth quarter.

Now that the sales floor has taken over toys, depending on who it is, it usually doesn't get zoned and then the electronics team member has to go over and try to salvage it after that person leaves and electronics dies down. Why wouldn't you schedule a person to close in toys instead of having them leave at 8 and 9? Haha. Oh well. I'm watching it burn from the electronics side.

Pull everything, shoot outs, push research and clearance, set end caps, back stock yourself. Set revisions

End to end electronics doesn't mean you simply stay in electronics. It means you get no help from backroom or flow anymore.

None would be an improvement over the flow help. But for my store not workable cause physical locations. Backroom will still have to pull and backstock.

Pull everything, shoot outs, push research and clearance, set end caps, back stock yourself. Set revisions

End to end electronics doesn't mean you simply stay in electronics. It means you get no help from backroom or flow anymore.
In my store electronics was told EtE means for them..they do not push truck. They do no not set planos, revisions, Salesplaners. They do not do pricechange. They do not do tasks out of mmb/elc. They help guests scan outs push whats pulled.

In my store electronics was told EtE means for them..they do not push truck. They do no not set planos, revisions, Salesplaners. They do not do pricechange. They do not do tasks out of mmb/elc. They help guests scan outs push whats pulled.

That's not end to end then, That's what they already did minus maybe the research. Ours does all those things

This is what the guide dictates. I have no idea why they're calling it end to end.

This is what the guide dictates. I have no idea why they're calling it end to end.
I need to see this guide. I'm not bothered by doing all the extra tasks. I've been doing almost all of it before end to end was even a thing. It's my team mates that don't enjoy the extra tasks piled on top of guest service, 4x4, and whatever random stuff leaders want them to do.

So my store is going E2E in phases. We have the grocery operating model. On the schedule being posted this week Softlines, cosmetics and electronics are going E2E.

Has anyone been through this. I am HLTL and I am being told electronics will no longer be responsible for daily tasks in toys, sporting goods and seasonal. I am told hardlines will take over these tasks and the only extra payroll I am getting is one extra closer than normal.

Is this about right in other stores?

I've been told that, but my team has seen no change in toys, and still pushes them. Not that it matters. There's time since I get mids on truck days

So only a few stores received hours, the test stores, but many stores were told by district to start rolling it out- meaning stores had to play with the hours and what they think would be appropriate. This week or next week, the hours should be adjusted correctly and you'll see that.

i was surprised when I saw that electronics didn't have any added responsibilities other then research, but I think maybe you will see a shift in the next few years. I feel like they are compartionalizing areas, and slowly adding responsibilities and will slowly begin phasing out Plano, pricing and flo.

So only a few stores received hours, the test stores, but many stores were told by district to start rolling it out- meaning stores had to play with the hours and what they think would be appropriate. This week or next week, the hours should be adjusted correctly and you'll see that.

i was surprised when I saw that electronics didn't have any added responsibilities other then research, but I think maybe you will see a shift in the next few years. I feel like they are compartionalizing areas, and slowly adding responsibilities and will slowly begin phasing out Plano, pricing and flo.
sorry i disagree i don't think they will phase out plano. Maybe flo and pricing.

I need to see this guide. I'm not bothered by doing all the extra tasks. I've been doing almost all of it before end to end was even a thing. It's my team mates that don't enjoy the extra tasks piled on top of guest service, 4x4, and whatever random stuff leaders want them to do.
Finally saw the guide and yep it dictates that electronics team members are not to set ad, pull autofills, do price changes, set sales planners or do transitions, or push the truck. It's literally just working in electronics, helping guests, and filling the floor. The best part it is my TL printed the guide for us to look at but ETLs still expect us to do our autofills, backstock, and push truck. So I guess we're doing it half-assed.

My store is really really really bad at communicating. I'm going to ask for clarification later.

Finally saw the guide and yep it dictates that electronics team members are not to set ad, pull autofills, do price changes, set sales planners or do transitions, or push the truck. It's literally just working in electronics, helping guests, and filling the floor. The best part it is my TL printed the guide for us to look at but ETLs still expect us to do our autofills, backstock, and push truck. So I guess we're doing it half-assed.

My store is really really really bad at communicating. I'm going to ask for clarification later.
I was told by my TL that we would be doing whatever meets the needs of the business and that basically things can change on a daily basis. Such a vague response. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

SrTL said we are to just continue doing things the way we have been doing with this quasi End to End.

They suck for the vagueness but the big thing is thankfully you guys should be staying in your area. Part of this process is they are supposed to stop pulling you guys over to toys and seasonal.

Sounds like, as usual, its ASANTS. At my locality, Electronics TM comes in half hour before store opens, pulls their batches and works that, and electronic/entertainment freight while its quiet in the morning. Relatively speaking at least.

Now the evening shift... There's typically a half hour overlap between the two shifts, in that time one of them is supposed to go pull the 3 o'clock batches and get them worked out before the morning shift leaves. We've also been scheduling a general purpose mid-shift hardlines person that will help with that as needed. After that though, if its one of the TM's that actually will work, they'll zone up electronics and walk from the counter to the video games (4 aisles over) and back. Otherwise, they stand at the counter bouncing a ball or doodling until the LOD walks by and gives them a DeathGlare (tm).

My lovely store is I believe a test store because they decided to do a soft roll out starting 7/9 & only 1/4 store trained. So 2 team memebers in electronics we have to do our truck, auto's , CAF, pogs, sales planners, ad, signing, price change, back stock. Plus every single day scan, research outs.... same place everyday. Zone. And most importantly drive sales & guest service.....WHEN??? It's also real great that the MMB team members get done & are bored.

We were told we were going be driving sales but they are tasking us to death with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back