Archived Electronics Transition Fall 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to see most of the new expensive stuff when i was forced during my electronics shift to do the security for the flow team cause they sent every one home early. I like some of the new cameras even the weird looking nikon android camera. the brookstone stuff is pretty cool and i like some of the new prepaid phones they are pretty cool, I think my store will get plenty of attachments now

Did the set... had some product. I have two endcaps on the back near the TV wall that are blanks right now, and are switching to pegs. I got some pegboard in but no basedecks and im wondering how this will affect guest traffic with spacing between these endcaps + the tv wall.

Did the set... had some product. I have two endcaps on the back near the TV wall that are blanks right now, and are switching to pegs. I got some pegboard in but no basedecks and im wondering how this will affect guest traffic with spacing between these endcaps + the tv wall.

those two have been clearance for a while .... and one of the etl's is all around incompetent as to how that should function

Yeah I'm wondering about that too. I don't know if I have the pegboard or the basedecks in, but hopefully they can move the whole short gondola up because there's a pretty wide amount of space between the boat and those two gondolas. We'll see.

You guys should have got your gondola parts in the pre-wrapped electronics transition skid. The basedecks are the big Lozier boxes (smaller than the Bose, and Nikon, but bigger than everything else). I know mine were boxed poorly and practically fell out when I took the pallet apart. Depending on what you already have you should receive four 12" basedecks. Your SFT will be getting a call from the electrician to come to store to install power and to get the gondola moved towards the electronics boat. The front basedecks should be reducing from most likely 20" down to the 12" to make room for guest traffic/flow.

You guys should have got your gondola parts in the pre-wrapped electronics transition skid. The basedecks are the big Lozier boxes (smaller than the Bose, and Nikon, but bigger than everything else). I know mine were boxed poorly and practically fell out when I took the pallet apart. Depending on what you already have you should receive four 12" basedecks. Your SFT will be getting a call from the electrician to come to store to install power and to get the gondola moved towards the electronics boat. The front basedecks should be reducing from most likely 20" down to the 12" to make room for guest traffic/flow.

Yea, if you're like me everything will show up on the same damn oversized pallet that is too big and heavy to fit in the steel, broken on the bottom and obviously rewrapped at the distribution center.

oversize pallets really are the bane of my existence. my favorite is when its a transition skid - (think cosmetics, electronics, toys - where it doesn't make sense to break it down before the transition) and the wood is completely shattered on the bottom, the pallet is 7ft tall, and as heavy as a full skid of milk or juice and all the power jacks are broken and the pallet is nowhere near where it needs to be staged. Oh, and least i forget - they send it "early" so it can drift around your backroom for 5 weeks instead of for the usual 1.

oh also - and a bonus for this last one - the basedecks were almost at the "top" of the skid - so that was a lot of fun getting them down....aka....trying to break their eventual fall with myself so that i don't end up with 4 useless bent up basedecks and i get blamed for the transition being behind when their unusable..........oh the simple joys.......

depends how "late". one week? okay i can deal. 6 months plus - like the destination beauty retro from last february which i was still receiving pieces for in June? and the 30 pages of backordered parts - some of which never came in and had to be ordered? don't even get my started.

depends how "late". one week? okay i can deal. 6 months plus - like the destination beauty retro from last february which i was still receiving pieces for in June? and the 30 pages of backordered parts - some of which never came in and had to be ordered? don't even get my started.

Late enough that you can't set.

Late enough that you can't set.

til you get a brand new ETL in the building who "doesn't take any excuses" and demands to know why you're not simultaneously ahead of the planogram team, but then also cleaning up behind them, then wondering why you didn't order the 30 pages of backordered fixtures (nevermind the definition of backorder) anyway (because you like to have double the amount of fixtures you don'th ave time to put out) and doing daily brand walks for the whole store, cleaning the fixture room, solving problems, working outside of your workcenter, managing the orders for the whole store, being ready at anybody's whim for anything (whats that you want 32 endcaps set, even though its hardlines job, you want me to do it? sure......). oh also - being psychic since no one ever remembers to CC you in emails or communicate their plans to you - just wait until you are called 507 times every day on the walkie - especially for important things like "do we have any more of this fixture" when they are standing in front of the empty waco of it. yes, let me get my secret supply for you that i keep hidden throughout the store......

eh. just send me what i need on time and don't give me more hassle than i should normally get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back