Archived Electronics Transition Fall 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronics Man

Electronics Team Member
So a couple weeks ago, I took a look at the transition communication for Electronics and must say I am not too happy with it. Instead of taking the space that Kindle's used to occupy and re-expanding the GPS section, Karoke is coming back in that space! REALLY?

Although I must say, Brookstone products will be nice. I also like the change dept 207 is getting. I just hope our overnight team doesn't screw it up like they did for the spring transition. That was a disaster going through with all the PPA's BLEH!

I hope it goes better than the last one as well.
For some reason when it comes down to the signing and displays, no matter how carefully I set things up, it always seems to wind up being a major CF.

After we went through our remodel we lost a lot of stuff in the electronics area, like the guitars, radios and other stuff. Probably because they were low sellers but wonder if they will bring that stuff back.

Karoke etc. is usually just for the fourth quarter. Hopefully after that something more useful will be done with that space. I am really dissapointed we don't sell kindles anymore. I would have liked to use my discount on the Paperwhite.

Last edited:
Doing the video games won't be fun...losing the bottom row of game shipper shelves in ds and moving the top ones down...those things SUCK to move! Will be nice in the end though

Ah, transition. I'm excited to see the changes.

Slightly OT, but I had a guest ask if we would do pre-sale on Wii U...I don't see this happening but was wondering what anyone may have heard.

Doing the video games won't be fun...losing the bottom row of game shipper shelves in ds and moving the top ones down...those things SUCK to move! Will be nice in the end though

umm yeah when I read that in the transition guide, I did this: :facepalm: Why? Why not just take off the top keeper shelf and be done with it? Why do all that extra work of taking off the bottom one and moving the next two down?

Ah, transition. I'm excited to see the changes.

Slightly OT, but I had a guest ask if we would do pre-sale on Wii U...I don't see this happening but was wondering what anyone may have heard.

Yeah I had asked about that in another thread, but nobody on here has a definite answer yet. I looked at all the dept 207 planograms up through the 30th, and there was nothing for new hardware presell cards. = ( Which that really stinks because it means I have to camp in front of work to get a Wii U, instead of sleeping soundly knowing one is reserved for me!

are they doing this everywhere? like the way the lead-in sections are?

umm yeah when I read that in the transition guide, I did this: :facepalm: Why? Why not just take off the top keeper shelf and be done with it? Why do all that extra work of taking off the bottom one and moving the next two down?

I think the bottom shelves are being moved to the bottom row of the XBox 360 and PS3 aisles... gets rid of that extra space reserved for Cabela's Hunting Apparatus (Apparatii?) that no one cares about anymore.

I think the bottom shelves are being moved to the bottom row of the XBox 360 and PS3 aisles... gets rid of that extra space reserved for Cabela's Hunting Apparatus (Apparatii?) that no one cares about anymore.

I understand that much, but why take the bottom shelves and not just go a more direct route and take the top shelves?

I understand that much, but why take the bottom shelves and not just go a more direct route and take the top shelves?

Well, there's four different shelving units those video games are housed in, each arranged from small to large to create a nice sloped effect. This is how the DS section looks right now in the last 2-3 sections:

|1-\
|2--\
|3---\
|4----\
|4----\
====

And the PS3/XBox 360 sections...

|1-\
|2--\
|3---\
|4----\
| Open space
====

If they just took off the top and moved them over to the PS3/Xbox 360 aisles, those aisles would look quite silly and top heavy, like so:

|1-\
|1-\
|2--\
|3---\
|4----\
====

Did anyone else get the message that all the signing and backer paper is not going to show up until the week of the set or at the very best the week before?

havent seen it yet if we did. nothing unusual lately. we just now got our label strips for 9/16 and 9/18 today. MMB/SHOES was particularly miserable this week because of it, on top of a massive workload. mysupport was no help whatsoever. it would make me feel better if i could at least talk to someone to help them understand what we're missing instead taking 6 forms and just hoping this time someone with a brain will read it and understand. luckily, we did get the box for next week too, so that made me feel a little better lol

Did everyone else have to set Apple 1/2 and Wireless Accessories on Friday for the iPhone 5 release? That was fun. Luckily the paper pogs came in because I hate the ones from Online Planogram. No strips though of course. We had the same problem with MMB strips for this week, but the rest of the week's workload came in fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back