Archived Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmAndrewP

Bootskapitän
I've been working in the electronics department since Jan 2015 and recently transferred to another store about two months ago. Ever since the transfer I have been able to realize how much emphasis is put on finishing reshop, finishing the zone and completing whatever other project I might get stuck with. Its to the point that I often start to think that guests are not supposed to be my priority. Too often I'm somewhere other than electronics and the only one there to vibe or assist guests is Target Mobile. To other electronics team members is this the attitude prevalent at your store?

I think that in electronics it is supposed to be about guests and sales, everything else comes second. That our AAR score needs to reflect how often and how effectively we are intentionally driving sales rather than simply reflecting guests buying things that happen to contribute to the aar score. For example, last week I had a guest come in to buy a TV on clearance for 90.00$ and after talking to her for about 45 minutes she instead leaves with a 350$ smart TV 200$ worth of accessories. I think it was 7 attachments on that one transaction. That's how I think the electronics department needs to be, not all reshop reshop reshop zone zone zone.

I don't work much at electronics, but when I do..my store just wants to me work on reshop and be on the lookout for guest. I personally, believe. Some stores just focus on more on the appearance. If the area of electronics looks like crap, then barely any guest will want to go near it if is disorganized And messy. Plus the reshop for electronics can quickly fill up In the blink of an eye, just like HBA reshop. If you don't tackle it soon enough then it'll be a big problem. I would just do my best to finish everything quick to attend to the guests. And if something consistent bring it up to a close LOD or TL. Let them know that is not Target Mobiles Job to do your job. Or that you believe another approach my benefit the team and Target as whole even more.

I've been in Electronics for a year. I often feel my management team doesn't really care about the department. With the Market Source take over it's gotten even worse. I spend more time zoning toys, then I do in electronics. When I'm all the way down in Sporting Goods and can't always get down there fast enough, I see people walking away buy nothing. those are all potential sales lost because zoning toys seems more important than driving sales.

At my store, we don't have spot mobile. It just me & 2 tm to cover whole the sales floor, mist days or nights. But, I try to make sure, I check on electronics when I see guests. I do stand out in the main aisle, so at least 1 red shirt is seen by a guest, when zoning movies, sporting goods, & toys, at night.

Last edited:
Too often I'm somewhere other than electronics and the only one there to vibe or assist guests is Target Mobile. To other electronics team members is this the attitude prevalent at your store?
That is the attitude in my store. It is not uncommon to find me spending most of my shifts in completely separate parts of the store doing salesplanners and 4x4s on our busiest days of the week.

Last edited:
That is the attitude in my store. It is not uncommon to find me spending most of my shifts in completely separate parts of the store doing salesplanners and 4x4s on our busiest days of the week.

Ugh, same. I show up for my electronics shift on a busy day and they tell me to do 10 sales planners in furniture/home storage (note: I've never even been formally trained in presentation and no presentation team members have called out!!!) and also help with a 2 hour long 4x4 in shoes. Meanwhile. the electronics call button is getting pushed about a billion times, so I have to run to help those guests and any other guests that stop me while I'm in the area. Any time I start to make any progress towards my sales planners, the call button is pushed. And then they get mad that I wasn't able to get all 10 sales planners done in my 9-3:30 shift.

I've been to both extremes with regard to electronics. From "you will be coached if I see the electronics TM outside of electronics" to "Here's a bunch of salesplanners for market and kitchenwares. Just respond to electronics if the button goes off."

So I suppose it just really depends on your leadership and how much they weigh the guest service/AAR metrics. Right now my store is somewhere in the middle- we've always responded to toys/sporting goods/infant hardlines calls (closest departments to E&E.) Occasionally they may have me do a salesplanner in toys or sporting goods, but they usually keep me close to the boat. Our AAR% is really struggling right now so It's been a little more of "Stay close to the boat and make sure you vibe with everyone."

Also getting someone to cover electronics lunches and breaks in my store is like asking someone to pull a tooth out of a roid raging lion using a red hot set of pliers.

I do not understand leadership in my store. Our AAR has not been green in a year and we rarely are green as a whole department in the vibe score.

Tuesday is our worst day of the week every time with guests saying they cannot find what they are looking for (usually new releases) and there is no one to help them. Where is our experienced electronics team member you ask? Over in market doing a 4x4.

It frustrates me to no end.

I am VERY frustrated right now! I work almost 40 hrs in electronics w/ 3 other ppl that are part time to fill rest. I'm also a brand team member & am cross trained in all departments except food/Starbucks. Our sales floor team members are all new. Sales floor does sales planners not POG. Management seems to think that working in electronics is nothing & I should be able to do 50 other things. I have to answer every call for toys, electronics, sporting goods, bikes, & whatever call nobody else will answer. Plus my team lead was let go so I have nobody get direction from.

I've noticed that's all I focus on as well is toys/ electronics zone. Mainly toys because little kids tear that up. When I'm all the way in fan central how do they expect me to get to the toys call(our electronics button is gone so guests hit that)? It should not be Target Mobiles job to help every guest that is in electronics. Ours do help if they want but I always tell them they don't have to. I also keep getting "talked" to that I'm not doing my zone fast enough. Weird you would thinking answering so many calls, helping guest, unlock items, checkout people, help find a product wouldn't take so long. I've recently discovered a better way to work on zone and go-backs so that'll show'em. ;) but yeah sometimes I just feel like my main focus is all of toys. That's it. Rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back