Archived Eliminating positions and roles caused people to NOT give a "F"!!!

Do you feel with all these changes, Your store's morale is at an All Time low?

• Yes

Votes: 91 89.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Am I the only one who feels this way? Certain "changes" that have occurred and are occurring are causing A lot of vets that have done great work for the company to leave!! Your thoughts please!!

Well, to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

Ok. So by eliminating Instocks, you give the duties to? A "Market team"? Fine, I'm not Touching Market! Clean up, zone, market? Let them do it!! GSTL help on a lane?? No they are to engage with Guests ONLY!! Softlines Team? So I no longer backstock Softlines? They have they own team right? I've read on another thread NO cart attendant for a specific time??? Let our Already Skelton crew stretch even further!!! Add more @NPC!! This should get the ball rolling with my point.

My point is with "End to end" they removed the somewhat team aspect Target Used to have. I don't want to "live in the past" but at least if you fell behind in a work center or needed support, people would be more willing. Now since you have specialty TEAMS, no one wants to help!!!! Backup lanes, fuck them. Backroom a mess, fuck them. Electronics zone a mess, fuck them. Does everyone NOT see this?

The changes that I do find beneficial at least at my store, I know Asants is keys to the TL's. I've always felt TL's vibed better with teams than ETL's mainly because at one point, most TL's were once team members themselves.

My point is with "End to end" they removed the somewhat team aspect Target Used to have. I don't want to "live in the past" but at least if you fell behind in a work center or needed support, people would be more willing. Now since you have specialty TEAMS, no one wants to help!!!! Backup lanes, fuck them. Backroom a mess, fuck them. Electronics zone a mess, fuck them. Does everyone NOT see this?

It depends on the team/leads... My team has been finishing early all week.. half start pushing half start backstocking. "Not my job" go home then and don't get paid.

My stores moral is pretty much as usual. The people who don't work get crap hours, complain about it, do nothing to perform better, and thus their areas never get done. Those that do perform get the hours but end up working more because they have to deal with the areas where team members are slacking.

Do you feel with all these changes, Your store's morale is at an All Time low?

no. Store morale has been lower before. Depends upon the day.

But I understand the OP's frustrations. End 2 End works with adequate payroll. which is never going to happen. And even if the store does have payroll (in December,) it will be spent on a bunch of new hires who will probably be gone by mid January.

:exaggerated, but not by much:

It depends on the team/leads... My team has been finishing early all week.. half start pushing half start backstocking. "Not my job" go home then and don't get paid.
This is my point @Lazy. Those part timers I find would probably have stayed if it were still in their core roles or just fit the needs of the business. That used to be the general vision of us, but with the focus more now on guests, tasks being put on the Backburner means empty shelves, less staff in areas, and decline in team morale.

Once they eliminated brand TMs and started giving me and other ex brand TMs a bunch of closing shifts and giving the new (our 3rd in 2 years) VM adjacencies to do (she never finishes them, always half does them) the morale among us went down and some have since left.

So by removing the team aspect, there are now too many specialty TEAMS to help out? Sounds like you were on a team that has been reduced or eliminated and upset that hours have been shifted to other teams instead.

Unfortunately, I think you're living in the past. End to end can work with the right people and leadership but it is much different than how we did things in the past. A lot of stores I see are struggling because they are only half assed doing E2E.

I just had a conversation today with a colleague in a similar volume store whose truck process is a mess since moving to push all recently. They are frustrated because they don't think it works at all. When sharing how my store was actually doing really well with it, I found out they were trying to push all but didn't change custom blocks or how they scheduled. Of course a new process isn't going to work if it's only kind of implemented.

E2E is ASANTS in living and breathing practice. I still overall don’t like it, but having worked in two stores with E2E I can say leadership and morale go hand in hand with it working. At my former store, E2E is a disaster and the store is a mess. At my new store, it’s not perfect but it’s much, much better than most others in the district.

Last edited:
Communication between leadership and teams alike is needed to make end to end work (in addition to payroll, but that’s for another time). If your store doesn’t have those in place before the e2e rollout it’s not going to magically appear after the rollout. I think some people have taken the idea of workcenters owning processes the wrong way and adopted the sink-or-swim-on-your-own view towards e2e as a result. E2e mostly seems to be exposing the issues that were already there and in some cases exacerbating them.

I had this exact same thought earlier this week. Each team is responsible for their own area, but no one has time to HELP other areas like we used to do. ONE HUDDLE. What ever happened to that? Each team has its own huddle now, if there's more than a single TM.

Blitzing things out or smart huddles are supposed to be the exception not the rule. You're doing a huddle in market because 10 people called out across the store the day before. Target got away with doing that because of economies of scale. If you were at a Mom & Pop store and only had 4 employees and one called out you would be hurting for a day and struggle to get back on your feet for several more until sales decrease or you could get a person in. Too many stores try to get away with the what's on fire this second mentality and do a poor job of planning ahead.

Spot can still do that, but by making essentially mini stores inside a store it's easier to know where one part of the business is falling short.

Everyone resents SFS needing help lately (especially with the Prime Day sale) since it means their area's tasks aren't getting done. So... holiday season will be really fun when nobody wants to come to our packing parties.

So by removing the team aspect, there are now too many specialty TEAMS to help out? Sounds like you were on a team that has been reduced or eliminated and upset that hours have been shifted to other teams instead.

Unfortunately, I think you're living in the past. End to end can work with the right people and leadership but it is much different than how we did things in the past. A lot of stores I see are struggling because they are only half assed doing E2E.

I just had a conversation today with a colleague in a similar volume store whose truck process is a mess since moving to push all recently. They are frustrated because they don't think it works at all. When sharing how my store was actually doing really well with it, I found out they were trying to push all but didn't change custom blocks or how they scheduled. Of course a new process isn't going to work if it's only kind of implemented.
I agree with you. Problem is the NON implementation of this new system of End to End only being Partially Enforced. And from the end to end threads I’ve read on here, my store isn’t the only one “ half assin’” it. Fully implemented it can probably work. And yes it takes a Team effort to pull it off. Both Leaders AND Team members. With out that, the same things will keep occurring.

Simple concept but you cant sell product you have no idea where it is in your store. My job depends on all other teams to do theirs. They aren't. So orders don't get filled money doesn't fill the til. Not a winning strategy.

And this reasoning doesn't just apply to sales for SFS or OPU. In essence, flex is a reflection of how the store is running operationally. Flex teams are shopping for items the store has, just like guests are, so when we can't find things ( with full access to the backroom and a superior salesfloor knowledge), guests sure as hell aren't gonna be able to find what they're looking for!

@PackAndCry It's not just prime day. Most stores haven't got in the habit of adding SFS to the closing email.

Two years ago SFS was consistently under forecast at my store. Now being under is unusual.

If you pull up the hourly report at 10:30-11:30 consistently you will see that since February about 1/4 of the stores are consistently over forecast. Everytime SFS is over forecast it's unaccounted workload. Those hours don't magically go away and just roll and build. It's made worse when people don't schedule to forecast because, "they don't need that many hours." Yes the forecasts can be off, but that is likely to be made worse with the new rollover algorithm for the Targets on the East Coast.

It really does depend on the leadership. More importantly, it depends on the leadership holding team members accountable to the higher expectations the company has put on us now. I know ASANTS, but think about how unproductive the flow team used to be. Simply because they only did one thing and did that slowly. On top of that, we had a team (instocks) that spent a lot of time just cleaning up after them. Most flow teams had a few great team members who picked up all the slack, and then got burned out. We don’t even have a flow team leader anymore. So instead of one team lead trying to supervise 25 team members at once, that workload is now spread out to multiple team leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back