Archived Eliminating positions and roles caused people to NOT give a "F"!!!

Do you feel with all these changes, Your store's morale is at an All Time low?

• Yes

Votes: 91 89.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really does depend on the leadership. More importantly, it depends on the leadership holding team members accountable to the higher expectations the company has put on us now. I know ASANTS, but think about how unproductive the flow team used to be. Simply because they only did one thing and did that slowly. On top of that, we had a team (instocks) that spent a lot of time just cleaning up after them. Most flow teams had a few great team members who picked up all the slack, and then got burned out. We don’t even have a flow team leader anymore. So instead of one team lead trying to supervise 25 team members at once, that workload is now spread out to multiple team leaders.

And it is crashing cause the flow team at least in high volume stores did work. Now take softlines E2E as an example they are supposed to do it all, well not happening. They have two flow ladies break out what they can, the rest gets shoved in back on the line to get shrink wrapped and tossed in the steel(cause the dayside never seems to be able to get to it) then softlines day people work that and that is all they work everything else is shoved in the stockroom. no reshop, no push after 11am, all guest service. So in less than a week back to over 50 carts of unsorted reshop and all but one Z-rack filled with reshop.

Either bring back flow teams as fucked as they were they did make the product do just that flow through the store where now it can't get out of the backroom. And that point is killing us.

@Bosch @Mrlogistics thank you sooo much for input! ASANTS reads so true for this thread! Granted some High Volumes stores operate different than low volume stores. I've seen the differences at the several I've worked at whether it was the state, store volume and different shift. Granted all stores go by a Model blueprint, but you can't tell me a low volume store runs like a high volume store. Apparently also now with what I have heard in some stores, you can't expect a store that HAS an O/N process to run the exact same way as a store that doesn't. This is why certain Roles and Positions in certain instances should not have been removed. Thank you everyone for you imput!!

And this reasoning doesn't just apply to sales for SFS or OPU. In essence, flex is a reflection of how the store is running operationally. Flex teams are shopping for items the store has, just like guests are, so when we can't find things ( with full access to the backroom and a superior salesfloor knowledge), guests sure as hell aren't gonna be able to find what they're looking for!
You made me smile when I read this!! Both Flex and guests suffer. :(

And this reasoning doesn't just apply to sales for SFS or OPU. In essence, flex is a reflection of how the store is running operationally. Flex teams are shopping for items the store has, just like guests are, so when we can't find things ( with full access to the backroom and a superior salesfloor knowledge), guests sure as hell aren't gonna be able to find what they're looking for!

I'll quote this, and say this is exactly why stores need a plano team, if not, make it even bigger.

I'll quote this, and say this is exactly why stores need a plano team, if not, make it even bigger.
I think all of Plano in my store is gonna walk out. I worked on that team when I started with Target, and it was an all-star team I was lucky to be on, I learned to so much. 7 TMs with about 10 years experience each, now down to 2.

They were told their position was being phased out, gave POGs, SPLs, revisions to modernized areas. Tried to get the ETLHL to lead big transitions.. she doesn't even know how to tie a POG. Not kidding. Shoved the team to the side, until half of everything new wasn't tied, if aisles were set there were massive errors.

So then they try to bring to them back, telling them they have to come overnight and get everything set and filled in one or two nights. First was electronics transition. Then domestics transition last month. Then set / fill all of BTS in two nights. With 3 people. Between these big transitions, it was back to 6 hours a week and a "we don't need you attitude."

Today was the last day for one of em. I'm sure the other two will follow. I understand that Plano doesn't have hours all the time, and it's great if more people in the store are trained to set at least SPLs, but setting POGs fast and effciently IS a specialty where experience is really important! And Corp and my store's leadership refuse to see that. So why should Plano give a damn anymore??

Soon we'll be left with a bunch of HLTMs setting everything when they don't even know how to read shelf locations. So let's see how well they set them up. I'm thinking failure.

And it is crashing cause the flow team at least in high volume stores did work. Now take softlines E2E as an example they are supposed to do it all, well not happening. They have two flow ladies break out what they can, the rest gets shoved in back on the line to get shrink wrapped and tossed in the steel(cause the dayside never seems to be able to get to it) then softlines day people work that and that is all they work everything else is shoved in the stockroom. no reshop, no push after 11am, all guest service. So in less than a week back to over 50 carts of unsorted reshop and all but one Z-rack filled with reshop.

Either bring back flow teams as fucked as they were they did make the product do just that flow through the store where now it can't get out of the backroom. And that point is killing us.

:eek:

The idea that the person who is charismatic enough to build the basket, is the same person who can get all of truck push done by 11am, and also the person who quickly interprets pogs, seems silly to me.

At least not for $12.50 an hour... with ever-growing expectations...

The idea that the person who is charismatic enough to build the basket, is the same person who can get all of truck push done by 11am, and also the person who quickly interprets pogs, seems silly to me.

At least not for $12.50 an hour... with ever-growing expectations...

It will be 15 at some point.

My point is with "End to end" they removed the somewhat team aspect Target Used to have. I don't want to "live in the past" but at least if you fell behind in a work center or needed support, people would be more willing. Now since you have specialty TEAMS, no one wants to help!!!! Backup lanes, fuck them. Backroom a mess, fuck them. Electronics zone a mess, fuck them. Does everyone NOT see this?
I see it a lot at my Target. However now with all of us being dayside, I feel like the process is a bit unified. The newbies don't care but the ones working 3 or more years, they do care. The problem is the leaders who have a mentality of I just don't give a shit which creates a domino effect. No wonder the store looks like a pit.

If you had all team members running on all cylinders and competent management, maybe E2E would work. But that is very rare, even if it is the expectation.

Another problem is that management is too afraid to tell their higher ups that the E2E process is garbage and thus things will never change. Our store team leads rush and freak out to put on a fake ass production when we get a visit, to make their bosses think everything is a-ok. As soon as the visit is over, they all plop their asses in a chair and high five each other for the rest of the day.

Someone in the forums once said something along the lines of “It doesn’t matter if you pay us $12 or $50 an hour, you simply cannot get the insane amount of tasks done they expect.”

Yet we try (at least some of us), it’s stressful as hell and soul crushing knowing that no matter how hard you work, your team leads will never be happy. It’s your hardest workers that have the lowest morale, I guarantee it. The amount of management and corporate ass kissing on these forums is disgusting. This has nothing to do with “living in the past” and “refusing to adapt”. That’s like yelling at a fish who can’t climb a tree that it needs to adapt. Yeah, that fish is just living in the past. Idiots.

Your log Etl and Etl ge need to have a conversation. I run the softline detrashing. 2 of us are flow and the other 3 are softlines tms. We are a $37,000,000 store. We start detrashing about 8:15 and on average finish 10:15 to 10:30. Softline push is behind for men's right now but we took a double this week plus added another truck. Our normal lately is 4 one week 5 the next week. It can be done with the right leadership in place. Idk how you survive in your store, I could not handle that much chaos

... End 2 End works with adequate payroll. which is never going to happen.....

What Jenna said! We have this issue now. That week we had over 200 hrs of workload and no bodies to fill the workload side, we spent a lot of hours on floor coverage and things really got done and we got to see how End 2 End could work... but most of the time we're hurting for hours just to get proper mid shift coverage. -_-

Your log Etl and Etl ge need to have a conversation. I run the softline detrashing. 2 of us are flow and the other 3 are softlines tms. We are a $37,000,000 store. We start detrashing about 8:15 and on average finish 10:15 to 10:30. Softline push is behind for men's right now but we took a double this week plus added another truck. Our normal lately is 4 one week 5 the next week. It can be done with the right leadership in place. Idk how you survive in your store, I could not handle that much chaos

um we are 65+ million at this point.. This directive is not something the Softlines ETL and Log ETL can fix this is from the STL and DTL who want it this way.. Hotshots from small volume stores running a big volume like a small volume, its the second time we have gone through this.. Chaos is right, we have leadership who would stab each other in the back at this point and mostly log is standing out of it and we are watching this hotshot STL run enough rope so he can hang himself. The last one we had like him did the same shit and it didn't end well for him..

I keep my ETL log informed of what the damage is to SFS and why and we go about our day.

It’s your hardest workers that have the lowest morale, I guarantee it.
Definitely true at my store. Some of us show up, on time, for every shift and work hard. I get that it's work and it's what we get paid for. But to take people out of roles they hired in for AND for which they're well suited, and place them in roles where they really just don't do that well is asking for trouble. We have a back room guy who's probably worked for my store since it opened 20-some years ago. He's fabulous in the back. He's an introvert and feels awkward on the sales floor - super nice guy, but being around a lot of people is just not his thing. So if back room TMs are deployed elsewhere, what's he supposed to do? Fail? Retire early? Quit and try to hire in somewhere else? Any of those would be a huge loss.

Definitely true at my store. Some of us show up, on time, for every shift and work hard. I get that it's work and it's what we get paid for. But to take people out of roles they hired in for AND for which they're well suited, and place them in roles where they really just don't do that well is asking for trouble. We have a back room guy who's probably worked for my store since it opened 20-some years ago. He's fabulous in the back. He's an introvert and feels awkward on the sales floor - super nice guy, but being around a lot of people is just not his thing. So if back room TMs are deployed elsewhere, what's he supposed to do? Fail? Retire early? Quit and try to hire in somewhere else? Any of those would be a huge loss.

exactly let us do what we are good at. I am not a customer focus person but I can crank out SFS orders and can move product. I can do customer focus but you really want me in the back, shit just gets done..

exactly let us do what we are good at. I am not a customer focus person but I can crank out SFS orders and can move product. I can do customer focus but you really want me in the back, shit just gets done..
Same here. I am a fast worker, I pride myself on accuracy, and I push myself to do the best I can every day. My repack sort and push gets done every time, and I can scan the whole store by myself in four hours on all-store audit day. Being top in our district for scans is a regular thing. The leads love me for it. They always wonder how I'm able to do it all. It's because I don't talk to guests. Rather, I don't approach them. If someone comes to ask me for help, of course I assist them. Otherwise, my head is down and I am focused 100% on my tasks. Plenty of our store's team members do nothing but chat guests up all day. I don't need to be one of them.

My point is with "End to end" they removed the somewhat team aspect Target Used to have. I don't want to "live in the past" but at least if you fell behind in a work center or needed support, people would be more willing. Now since you have specialty TEAMS, no one wants to help!!!! Backup lanes, fuck them. Backroom a mess, fuck them. Electronics zone a mess, fuck them. Does everyone NOT see this?
Electronics zone a mess? How about total store has turned into a shit hole. How do you ever take pride in your store? It's embarrassing to try to sell to a guest. I have to stop and zone as I'm trying to sell. I have to pull the abandonded box of tamp0ns off of the shelf so the guest can see the Dyson display.

Electronics zone a mess? How about total store has turned into a shit hole. How do you ever take pride in your store? It's embarrassing to try to sell to a guest. I have to stop and zone as I'm trying to sell. I have to pull the abandonded box of tamp0ns off of the shelf so the guest can see the Dyson display.
It Is embarrassing @lifer but I don’t think people get it

Keep people in departments that the person is good at. Not everyone is for everything. If they put me in electronics, I would walk out. Just an example. That is how the corporation is killing itself.

Same here. I am a fast worker, I pride myself on accuracy, and I push myself to do the best I can every day. My repack sort and push gets done every time, and I can scan the whole store by myself in four hours on all-store audit day. Being top in our district for scans is a regular thing. The leads love me for it. They always wonder how I'm able to do it all. It's because I don't talk to guests. Rather, I don't approach them. If someone comes to ask me for help, of course I assist them. Otherwise, my head is down and I am focused 100% on my tasks. Plenty of our store's team members do nothing but chat guests up all day. I don't need to be one of them.
I don't approach guests in market either. I avoid eye contact with them. If I hear them yelling at me from 6 feet away, I ignore them. If you want me to help you, walk up to me and ask. If you want me to be a motormouth with the guests, all the ice cream will melt by the time I'm done and I would have to call out a spill. And since the BA position is eliminated, being E2E we have to clean up our own spills. "Hey LOD can you come and lick the ice cream off the floor?"

Market is a self-serve area and pretty straightforward. If it's not out, chances are we don't carry it. If the spot is empty and I know it's sitting on an unbroken down pallet, I tell the guest that it's out of stock. I focus on my task. Really, do I want to spend all day pushing FDC when OT isn't allowem blabbering nonsense with the guests? How else would I finish? Otherwise pallets would just keep piling up.

Blitzing things out or smart huddles are supposed to be the exception not the rule. You're doing a huddle in market because 10 people called out across the store the day before. Target got away with doing that because of economies of scale. If you were at a Mom & Pop store and only had 4 employees and one called out you would be hurting for a day and struggle to get back on your feet for several more until sales decrease or you could get a person in. Too many stores try to get away with the what's on fire this second mentality and do a poor job of planning ahead.

Spot can still do that, but by making essentially mini stores inside a store it's easier to know where one part of the business is falling short.
I HATE SMART HUDDLES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back